Absolutely Curtains - Pink Floyd (soundtrack)

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Can anybody remember the name of the film this Pink Floyd track was used at the end of the film.

The film, I think, was a 60's 'B' movie, about a spaceman who saved the earth from destruction, and the end of the film was his crippled ship falling uncontrollably towards earth and he resigned himself to imminent death. During this last scene, there were shots of people singing his praises all over the earth, as they were aware of the supreme sacrifice the spaceman had made. Apparently the film was nothing much to write home about, until the ending - which was so atmospheric and moving.

YouTube - Absolutely Curtains - Pink Floyd
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
gmc

Post by gmc »

G#Gill;1164928 wrote: Can anybody remember the name of the film this Pink Floyd track was used at the end of the film.

The film, I think, was a 60's 'B' movie, about a spaceman who saved the earth from destruction, and the end of the film was his crippled ship falling uncontrollably towards earth and he resigned himself to imminent death. During this last scene, there were shots of people singing his praises all over the earth, as they were aware of the supreme sacrifice the spaceman had made. Apparently the film was nothing much to write home about, until the ending - which was so atmospheric and moving.

YouTube - Absolutely Curtains - Pink Floyd

try this

Obscured by Clouds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Obscured By Clouds is the sound track to a film called La Valle. Absolutely Curtains is from that album.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Vall%C3%A9e_(film)
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Thanks gmc and Snowfire, the query was on behalf of my son, and the description he gave me of the end of the film seemed to be concerning Sci-fi ! Not sure where he got that memory from, if, as you both say that the soundtrack is from 'The Valley' --- very interesting, and when I see him next, I will pass this on to him. Thanks very much XXX
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”