Religulous

Nomad

Religulous

Post by Nomad »

Religulous

featuring Bill Maher

Nomad's Rating:

Bill travels the globe asking religulous people questions about their faith. He drops by the Vatican, visits The Holy Land and dumbfounds scholars with straight forward inquiries.

People of all faiths or not should see this. Its hilarious, thought provoking and will p*ss allot of people off.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Religulous

Post by Nomad »

:wah:

What ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Religulous

Post by CARLA »

I may give it a look not a Bill Maher fan but if you say its funny it must be. :wah:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Odie

Religulous

Post by Odie »

now that's just funny!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Nomad

Religulous

Post by Nomad »

CARLA;1158144 wrote: I may give it a look not a Bill Maher fan but if you say its funny it must be. :wah:

Ok.

It was amusing but I found it really thought provoking.

I think its ok to question faith and dig deeper than just believing what your told.

He asks people the whys and I found it interesting that quite often they seem to have no idea. Believers are just reciting memorized verses.

And everyone has different answers but without question they each have the correct version.

I found it enlightening.

now that's just funny!

Thats the way the film is spelled.
I AM AWESOME MAN
along-for-the-ride

Religulous

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I did take the time to watch this movie on the internet this afternoon. I agree with Nomad's assessment..............amusing and thought-provoking. This film may not change anyone's value of their faith and may offend some folks. But I just took the film as it was......a documentary. There are no answers. Just something to think about.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Nomad

Religulous

Post by Nomad »

along-for-the-ride;1158303 wrote: I did take the time to watch this movie on the internet this afternoon. I agree with Nomad's assessment..............amusing and thought-provoking. This film may not change anyone's value of their faith and may offend some folks. But I just took the film as it was......a documentary. There are no answers. Just something to think about.

Good. Im pleased.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Lon

Religulous

Post by Lon »

I liked it.
Galbally

Religulous

Post by Galbally »

I am into the talking snake bit, thats cool. I want that in my religion......oh wait it is in my religion. :thinking:

Cool. :-6
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
gmc

Religulous

Post by gmc »

The people it is aimed at probably won't be going to see it. the humour will be beyond their comprehension.
Nomad

Religulous

Post by Nomad »

gmc;1158384 wrote: The people it is aimed at probably won't be going to see it. the humour will be beyond their comprehension.

Not necessarily. :wah::wah::wah:

Dr Gallbladder

I am into the talking snake bit, thats cool. I want that in my religion......oh wait it is in my religion. :thinking:

Cool. :-6

I AM AWESOME MAN
Ch0p2

Religulous

Post by Ch0p2 »

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I even bought myself a copy. I really enjoyed the questions that are never asked. The questions people are afraid to ask. My wife is a christian and she enjoyed the movie, she has an open mind, but she stays with her own beliefs and are not influenced by others. Not even me.
A'
Nomad

Religulous

Post by Nomad »

Ch0p2;1158547 wrote: I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I even bought myself a copy. I really enjoyed the questions that are never asked. The questions people are afraid to ask. My wife is a christian and she enjoyed the movie, she has an open mind, but she stays with her own beliefs and are not influenced by others. Not even me.

Right. Thats what I liked best. He asked questions your just not supposed to ask. Its so taboo to voice doubts.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”