Iraq

Jordan

Syria

Terrorists
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Body of lies

Post by CARLA »

Oh good I just got my copy today going to watch it this weekend. I also have "Righteous Kill" which you said was good as well. :D Thanks Nomie.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

Body of lies

Post by Nomad »

CARLA;1147459 wrote: Oh good I just got my copy today going to watch it this weekend. I also have "Righteous Kill" which you said was good as well. :D Thanks Nomie.

Oh good. You will love them. Get the lights just right and turn the phone off then hunker down.
I AM AWESOME MAN
koan

Body of lies

Post by koan »

The trailer looks great though, for the first time, Russell Crowe appeared to be repeating a performance to some degree. Something about his mannerisms reminded me so much of A Beautiful Mind. The character seems different enough that it wouldn't be the same portrayal but it broke my suspension of disbelief because it made me think of his prior film.

Did you find that to be true in the film or is it just the chosen bits they took for the trailer?
Nomad

Body of lies

Post by Nomad »

koan;1147468 wrote: The trailer looks great though, for the first time, Russell Crowe appeared to be repeating a performance to some degree. Something about his mannerisms reminded me so much of A Beautiful Mind. The character seems different enough that it wouldn't be the same portrayal but it broke my suspension of disbelief because it made me think of his prior film.

Did you find that to be true in the film or is it just the chosen bits they took for the trailer?

Hes kind of a background character. He plays it under the radar. Actually his character wasnt developed well I thought.

The trailer might be misleading, theres not an overwhelming amount of explosions and gunfire. Its more suspenseful than that.

Leo plays his role very well, with intelligence and intensity.

The back drop and location shots were very faithful which added to the realism of current affairs.
I AM AWESOME MAN
koan

Body of lies

Post by koan »

I have in mind to watch it.

I'm a Leo fan. He has always been a very clever actor. From Gilbert Grape to the present I haven't seen him miss a trick. I'm also a Crowe fan so I hope he doesn't disappoint.
Nomad

Body of lies

Post by Nomad »

koan;1147474 wrote: I have in mind to watch it.

I'm a Leo fan. He has always been a very clever actor. From Gilbert Grape to the present I haven't seen him miss a trick. I'm also a Crowe fan so I hope he doesn't disappoint.

Crowe will disappoint you but his role isnt critical.

I have Ben Gay in my eye. ****
I AM AWESOME MAN
flopstock

Body of lies

Post by flopstock »

Nomad;1147475 wrote: ...........

I have Ben Gay in my eye. ****

Is that a line from the movie?

I may pass on this one too...:lips:

On the off chance that wasn't part of the script though, ........I'm pretty sure that the bump is actually your nose dear... that stuff probably won't be too affective in making it shrink...:thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Nomad

Body of lies

Post by Nomad »

flopstock;1148140 wrote: Is that a line from the movie?

I may pass on this one too...:lips:

On the off chance that wasn't part of the script though, ........I'm pretty sure that the bump is actually your nose dear... that stuff probably won't be too affective in making it shrink...:thinking:

Fine. Ill dig up some old Wide World of Disney movies with a 12 yr old Kurt Russell to review for you.

Or would you prefer Herbie the Love Bug ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
flopstock

Body of lies

Post by flopstock »

Nomad;1148165 wrote: Fine. Ill dig up some old Wide World of Disney movies with a 12 yr old Kurt Russell to review for you.

Or would you prefer Herbie the Love Bug ?

Lyndsey Lohan is in the remake with Michael Keaton(batman). .. Ask me how I know that .... better yet ask me how many times it's been on disney in the last year..:rolleyes:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

CARLA

Body of lies

Post by CARLA »

Watched them both very good movies. Thumbs up on both.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

Body of lies

Post by Nomad »

CARLA;1148822 wrote: Watched them both very good movies. Thumbs up on both.

Leo, hes really watchable. Hes becoming one of my favorites. I think hes what River Phoenix could have been.
I AM AWESOME MAN
G-man

Body of lies

Post by G-man »

I don't typically have a problem believing Russell Crowe when he's playing the role of an American, but... this disrupted the suspension of disbelief for me. Leonardo did fine playing Leonardo, though... :thinking:

Overall, I give the film both of my thumbs up.

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Nomad

Body of lies

Post by Nomad »

G-man;1158018 wrote: I don't typically have a problem believing Russell Crowe when he's playing the role of an American, but... this disrupted the suspension of disbelief for me. Leonardo did fine playing Leonardo, though... :thinking:

Overall, I give the film both of my thumbs up.

Crowe threw me off too. He way under played the role or the role wasnt developed enough....something.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Snowfire

Body of lies

Post by Snowfire »

Watched this tonight and it get my thumbs up for sure. Leonardo DiCaprio is perhaps one of the best young actors about now. Usually its difficult to see actors playing a role froma different country from that of their origin. Theres only a few about that gets the accent right. I didnt have a problem with Crowe but then, I'm seeing it from the outside. I'm not American
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Nomad

Body of lies

Post by Nomad »

Snowfire;1168249 wrote: Watched this tonight and it get my thumbs up for sure. Leonardo DiCaprio is perhaps one of the best young actors about now. Usually its difficult to see actors playing a role froma different country from that of their origin. Theres only a few about that gets the accent right. I didnt have a problem with Crowe but then, I'm seeing it from the outside. I'm not American

Leo nailed it. Hes a natural. Or he works really hard.
I AM AWESOME MAN
simpleviolet

Body of lies

Post by simpleviolet »

I saw this movie yesterday..and it is a great movie if u hate Islam and Arabs..for me it is just another type of propaganda to deceive the viewers about the real terrorists and accuse Islam with terror using more and more lies and no wonder the movie title is "body of LIES"..

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”