Slumdog millionaire

Kindle

Slumdog millionaire

Post by Kindle »

What a completely unsettling movie.

The squalor, the poverity, the violence and complete indifference to life was so overwhelming to me. Yet, despite the harshness and hardness of their lives, love shines through.....................

I'm glad I saw. I'll not watch it again. I don't know that I could recommend it cause it was not so much entertaining as it was informative of another way of life.

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
CARLA

Slumdog millionaire

Post by CARLA »

I haven't seen it yet but have heard the same feeling from those that have. Like you said despite the poverty and total bleakness of their lives they endure and love shines through. That's inspiring to me. :-6

[QUOTE]What a completely unsettling movie.

The squalor, the poverity, the violence and complete indifference to life was so overwhelming to me. Yet, despite the harshness and hardness of their lives, love shines through.....................

I'm glad I saw. I'll not watch it again. I don't know that I could recommend it cause it was not so much entertaining as it was informative of another way of life.

[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

Slumdog millionaire

Post by Nomad »

It was interesting. I liked it. I didn't thing it was strong in any one particular category but it was worth the watch.
I AM AWESOME MAN
pinkchick

Slumdog millionaire

Post by pinkchick »

I can't say I liked it. It unsettled me somewhat. I'm glad I watched it though.
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Kindle

Slumdog millionaire

Post by Kindle »

Aside from the movie, the film may have introduced many to the beauty of the people of India.....................

Abhiskek Bachchan & Aishwaya Rai (married to each other) are top stars in India. She is considered by many to be one of the most beautiful women in the world. He, also, has a most attractive presence.

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
Kathy Ellen

Slumdog millionaire

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I thought this was an absolutely, fabulous movie...well written and well acted.

However, I would not watch it again. It made me very sad to see how some people have to live.

I love watching the Bollywood dancing.
AussiePam

Slumdog millionaire

Post by AussiePam »

I thought it was great and saw it twice.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”