What movies have you seen lately?

spot

Post by spot »

Snowfire;1156468 wrote: Thats interesting because I thought he was quite remarkable as the Joker in the Dark Night. I loved him in that. Truly menacingIt may be the menacing bit I have problems with. I watch a small subset of movies because I have such a distaste for scripts in which bit-parts exist solely to be killed to add "excitement". The Dark Knight did that. I'll accept that his performance there was remarkable though, we can agree on that.

I watched, for example, A Knight's Tale. Wow was that a bad movie.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Eden Lake: very disturbing

YouTube - Eden Lake - NEW EXTREME TRAILER!
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

I saw Slumdog Millionaire last week.

Very moving ..... couldn't watch it again
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Odie

Post by Odie »

mikeinie;1156970 wrote: Eden Lake: very disturbing

YouTube - Eden Lake - NEW EXTREME TRAILER!

omg........not for me!:-5:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
Bez

Post by Bez »

Slumdog Millionaire.....................really good

The Duchess.................fantastic......made me cry (true historical story by the way)

Voyage of the damned.........old film (1976) ....too sad.....
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Bez

Post by Bez »

Watching with the grandchildren.............

Ice Age & Ice Age 2 ..............wonderful animation and some truly funny moments
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Odie;1156974 wrote: omg........not for me!:-5:-5

Youre such a scaredy cat ! :p

I purposefully watch scary movies in the dead of night with all the lights off.

Afterwards I prowl the neighborhood :sneaky:
I AM AWESOME MAN
Lon

Post by Lon »

"The Power of One" I read the book when in New Zealand and liked it very much. Story deals with apartheid in South Africa pre WW 2. Found the movie on Netflix and it was well done. Stars Morgan Freeman.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1162448 wrote: Youre such a scaredy cat ! :p

I purposefully watch scary movies in the dead of night with all the lights off.

Afterwards I prowl the neighborhood :sneaky:

yes, I am a scaredy cat, so what?

just don't you be coming round my neighbourhood!:sneaky:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Watched Shrek 2 last night. I could watch that every weekend...it's hilarious:wah:
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Lon;1162481 wrote: "The Power of One" I read the book when in New Zealand and liked it very much. Story deals with apartheid in South Africa pre WW 2. Found the movie on Netflix and it was well done. Stars Morgan Freeman.

I watched a show in high definition on New Zealand last night.

Really remarkable !

Didnt see any pygmies though. :confused:
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1162999 wrote: I watched a show in high definition on New Zealand last night.

Really remarkable !

Didnt see any pygmies though. :confused:

high def is the best!:guitarist:guitarist
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Odie;1163001 wrote: high def is the best!:guitarist:guitarist

For nature shows yea its pretty cool.

Would have been nice to see a high def pygmie though.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1163004 wrote: For nature shows yea its pretty cool.

Would have been nice to see a high def pygmie though.

Watched a nature show on grizzly bears in Alaska, they were put in a shielded cage.........much like a shark cage......should have seen those bears up close. wowser!

no Pygmy there either.
Odie

Post by Odie »

War of the Worlds........2005.....with Tom Cruise.

excellent!
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Odie;1173935 wrote: War of the Worlds........2005.....with Tom Cruise.

excellent!

You didnt see it.
I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Peter Pan last night. Q fell asleep duringit.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1174788 wrote: You didnt see it.

obviously not!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

we rented it.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

The Boat that Rocked..

It was good, entertaining, not the best not the worst but a good movie overall if you are into the 60’s/70’s
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

'Get Carter' is on channel five at the moment..... The old one's are the best.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I watched 'Close Encounters Of The Third Kind' it was the original version with no inside view of the 'mother ship'. I saw both versions at the cinema, and always thought it spoilt it a bit with showing the inside, in the second edition. I still think it is a good film, but I missed the tummy thumping effect of the mother ship slowly arriving, that we got at the cinema! :)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

G#Gill;1174881 wrote: I watched 'Close Encounters Of The Third Kind' it was the original version with no inside view of the 'mother ship'. I saw both versions at the cinema, and always thought it spoilt it a bit with showing the inside, in the second edition. I still think it is a good film, but I missed the tummy thumping effect of the mother ship slowly arriving, that we got at the cinema! :) Yes, that moment was awesome.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

We've finally got a cinema in our town, so no more travelling 20 miles to the pictures! :wah: It opened this week and we went to see 'Knowing' which I've been dying to see as I love Nicholas Cage films. (Well okay, I LOVE Nicholas Cage!) :-4

I won't spoil it for you but I'll say it wasn't quite what I expected. You could guess the end once you were 2/3 of the way through the film. It was quite good but I'd recommend renting it rather than watching it on the big screen.

3/5 popcorn kernels. :D
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Now that I'm on holidays, I have time to watch some movies. I finally saw the full version of "Thelma and Louise." It was fabulous.

Then I watched "Slumdog Millionaire." This was definitely a brilliant movie, and I would watch it again. I loved the Bollywood dancing at the end.:-6

I'll give both movies Nomad's 5 corn kernals.:guitarist

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

G#Gill;1174881 wrote: I watched 'Close Encounters Of The Third Kind' it was the original version with no inside view of the 'mother ship'. I saw both versions at the cinema, and always thought it spoilt it a bit with showing the inside, in the second edition. I still think it is a good film, but I missed the tummy thumping effect of the mother ship slowly arriving, that we got at the cinema! :)
-

:wah::wah: I love Close Encounters and still watch it once- in-a-while. I've watched this movie about 23 times:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1174897 wrote: Now that I'm on holidays, I have time to watch some movies. I finally saw the full version of "Thelma and Louise." It was fabulous.

Then I watched "Slumdog Millionaire." This was definitely a brilliant movie, and I would watch it again. I loved the Bollywood dancing at the end.:-6

I'll give both movies Nomad's 5 corn kernals.:guitarist

so glad you have some time for you!

Thelma and Louise was so good!
Odie

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1174881 wrote: I watched 'Close Encounters Of The Third Kind' it was the original version with no inside view of the 'mother ship'. I saw both versions at the cinema, and always thought it spoilt it a bit with showing the inside, in the second edition. I still think it is a good film, but I missed the tummy thumping effect of the mother ship slowly arriving, that we got at the cinema! :)

oh great Gill, another awesome movie!
simpleviolet

Post by simpleviolet »

The Godfather- a good movie (I say this being half Italian). It reminded me a lot of my family's wedding and get togethers (and before any one says anything, the only family business we have is a plumbing and heating one). but like most movies in this genre, I can't help but feel guilty for wanting bad people to come out on top.
Odie

Post by Odie »

simpleviolet;1180455 wrote: The Godfather- a good movie (I say this being half Italian). It reminded me a lot of my family's wedding and get togethers (and before any one says anything, the only family business we have is a plumbing and heating one). but like most movies in this genre, I can't help but feel guilty for wanting bad people to come out on top.

so your family belongs to the mofia?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

it was the greatest movie!
minks

Post by minks »

spot;1137597 wrote: I watched The Brothers Grimm this week and it's perfect, right down to the reworked forest camera perspectives out of Jabberwocky. But how anyone talked Matt Damon into impersonating Eddie Izzard I can't imagine, he got uncannily close.

I finally worked out why people thought Heath Ledger might have ended up a competent film actor too. He wasn't right but he wasn't entirely wrong either, he might have got it eventually. Every other performance I've seen him give stank.

I liked Heath in "A Knights Tale" too.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1174909 wrote: so glad you have some time for you!

Thelma and Louise was so good!

Thanks Odie, I love watching movies, especially chick flicks:-6
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Ohhhhhhh, I finally had a chance to watch the movie "Australia."

I absolutely loved it....Yes, it was 3 hrs. long, and it didn't show all the beauty of Oz. Butttttt, every second of this movie was wonderful. I didn't want it to end.

I loved the plot, characters, actors and script. It's a real sleeper movie, and I plan to watch it again.

Australia (2008)
Lon

Post by Lon »

Kathy Ellen;1180767 wrote: Ohhhhhhh, I finally had a chance to watch the movie "Australia."

I absolutely loved it....Yes, it was 3 hrs. long, and it didn't show all the beauty of Oz. Butttttt, every second of this movie was wonderful. I didn't want it to end.

I loved the plot, characters, actors and script. It's a real sleeper movie, and I plan to watch it again.

Australia (2008)

It's interesting how different people view a film. I thought Australia was the worst film that I have seen in years. Jackman was a farce in his white dinner jacket (the only one), the love scenes, I couldn't stop laughing and neither could the people around me. The scenery in the film was the only redeeming value in my opinion.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Lon;1180769 wrote: It's interesting how different people view a film. I thought Australia was the worst film that I have seen in years. Jackman was a farce in his white dinner jacket (the only one), the love scenes, I couldn't stop laughing and neither could the people around me. The scenery in the film was the only redeeming value in my opinion.

Yes, indeedy Lon...it is interesting how we differ about our view of movies. You have also thought that about other movies that I've enjoyed...Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid, Open Waters and now Australia.

Guess that's what we call "different strokes for different folks..."

I though the love scenes were lovely and my friends thought so too. I wish that they had shown more of the beautiful scenery of Oz;)
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1180767 wrote: Ohhhhhhh, I finally had a chance to watch the movie "Australia."

Australia (2008)

sounds awesome.....I had no idea of this movie thanks, its a must see now.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1180784 wrote: sounds awesome.....I had no idea of this movie thanks, its a must see now.

Thanks Odie, I think you'll like it. You should also see Open Waters and it's sequel...Open Waters 2....Adrift...

Of course you should see the lovely movie "Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid" It's a lovely, sweet classic movie with William Powell and Ann Blyth.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1180787 wrote: Thanks Odie, I think you'll like it. You should also see Open Waters and it's sequel...Open Waters 2....Adrift...

Of course you should see the lovely movie "Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid" It's a lovely, sweet classic movie with William Powell and Ann Blyth.

Open Waters?? - see I miss everything!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

these are must see's and I have written them down!
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

OOOOOOOhhh My god. " The boy in the striped pyjamas"

Stunned, moved, horrified, and in shock. but in the end it made you think about , of all things "hope" in all the characters no matter what they represented. Humans are human.

My youngest wanted to watch this film and I said i'd watch it first. HHHHmmmmm don't think he'll be watching it without me. :-3

IN the end it's about two eight year olds' trying to make sense of the world...........................kind of sad under the circumstances

YouTube - The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (2008) Movie Trailer - HD Quality
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I have a crush on Nicole Kidman.
I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

We watched Meet the Fockers the other day through Netflix....Carolly was watching it a few weeks ago & so I thought...I'ld love to rent that one:yh_rotfl. I think it's better then the first one.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1187530 wrote: I have a crush on Nicole Kidman.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Haven't gone to see it yet, but want to go see Angels & Demons. It is a follow up to the Da Vivinci Code. I have seen the code one and read the book as well. I have also read Angels and Demons and would like to see how well they can follow the plot and what they will have to leave out. It was a big book!
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Odie;1188975 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie, are you awake? why?
Odie

Post by Odie »

Sunshine;1189000 wrote: Odie, are you awake? why?

just couldn`t sleep all night, no reason, just seemed wide awake.
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Odie;1189079 wrote: just couldn`t sleep all night, no reason, just seemed wide awake.

Opps, missed this one. Sorry you couldn't sleep. :(
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Sunshine;1188999 wrote: Haven't gone to see it yet, but want to go see Angels & Demons. It is a follow up to the Da Vivinci Code. I have seen the code one and read the book as well. I have also read Angels and Demons and would like to see how well they can follow the plot and what they will have to leave out. It was a big book!

I can't wait to see this, it looks really good. I loved the DaVinci Code and read the book too. I haven't read this book yet but have heard the film deviates from the book quite considerably. We're going to see it the week after next, which is half term week, it's the only time we can all get together at the same time. :rolleyes:

Has anyone seen Knowing with Nicholas Cage? A rather bizarre film, I wondered what other people's take on it was?
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I'm going to watch a wee, little movie called "Sea People" this weekend. It's a story about 2 old timers who leap off a bridge into frigid water. A young woman ties to rescue them only to learn that they're mermaids/mermen.

:wah::wah: I love my merpeople friends...they live in saltwater tanks, eat algae and drink saltweed tea:-4

Plus, Hume Conym is in it...I think that he's a great actor:-4

I love to watch all movies about mermaids:D
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1189364 wrote: I'm going to watch a wee, little movie called "Sea People" this weekend. It's a story about 2 old timers who leap off a bridge into frigid water. A young woman ties to rescue them only to learn that they're mermaids/mermen.

:wah::wah: I love my merpeople friends...they live in saltwater tanks, eat algae and drink saltweed tea:-4

Plus, Hume Conym is in it...I think that he's a great actor:-4

I love to watch all movies about mermaids:D

oh this sounds really different, enjoy!:guitarist:guitarist
Odie

Post by Odie »

Forrest Gump......very very disappointed...I had no idea just how sad this movie was.....soon as things were looking up...bang, down again the went.:(:(
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Hahahahhahaaaa My children wanted to see the Alfred Hitchcock film "The Birds"

Hee heee heeee............ they weren't scared and complained how it ended...........I explained to them that's how the film goes .....but they were not convinced.

they looked at a couple of crows for longer than they should have yesterday .

I said " now do you get it?" :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Now they want to see 'psycho' , hmmmmmmmm and all the others.

Love it!!!!!!!!:D

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”