The Critics Were Right

Lon

The Critics Were Right

Post by Lon »

Saw "Alexander" the other evening only because I had the times mixed up on another film I wanted to see. Worst film I have seen in seveal years. All that money spent on a real bummer. I love Scottish accents, but on Greek soldiers? Colin Farrel was sure mis cast, and is the Gay Thing in the film an appeasement to the "Gay Community" or is it historically acurate? In eaiter case, it was overworked.
gmc

The Critics Were Right

Post by gmc »

posted by lon

Saw "Alexander" the other evening only because I had the times mixed up on another film I wanted to see. Worst film I have seen in seveal years. All that money spent on a real bummer. I love Scottish accents, but on Greek soldiers? Colin Farrel was sure mis cast, and is the Gay Thing in the film an appeasement to the "Gay Community" or is it historically acurate? In eaiter case, it was overworked.

Haven't seen it yet, colin farrell is Irish not Scots. The gay thing is historically accurate

ancient greeks seemed to have viewed such things differently form us.
kensloft

The Critics Were Right

Post by kensloft »

gmc wrote: posted by lon

Haven't seen it yet, colin farrell is Irish not Scots. The gay thing is historically accurate

ancient greeks seemed to have viewed such things differently form us.

The Spartans were so much into being gay that the men would have sex with women because they knew that it was the only way to procreate. They weren't kidding when they said that the only way to separate the men from the boys in Greece was to use a crowbar.
Bothwell

The Critics Were Right

Post by Bothwell »

The soldiers of Sparta also used sex to humiliate their prisoners, as they generally executed them wholesale anyway then it's a moot point as to why it was necessary to humiliate them first !!

As far as I know there is some good historical evidence that Alexander was gay but who cares.
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”