any good films out there

scott

any good films out there

Post by scott »

Not seen anything good at the cinema for a long time now. Can anyone recommend a film thats worth watching. Just seen city of god on dvd, that makes you think how lucky we are to have a nice cosy life. Some people have real struggles just by virtue of their birthplace.
Tombstone

any good films out there

Post by Tombstone »

What did you all think about the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy?

I thought they were awesome and entertaining.

"Man on Fire" - with Denzel Washington

"Dawn of the Dead"

Shrek 2

Do you like thrillers, sci-fi, or dramas?
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
koan

any good films out there

Post by koan »

The Garden State.

I rarely go to movies at the theatre but this one was worth it. Unusual and touching.
A Karenina

any good films out there

Post by A Karenina »

I want to see National Treasure which is really Indiana Jones meets The DaVinci Code. LOL.

I want to see Alexander, and also that controversial movie with Liam Neeson about a human sexuality professor. Kinsey. I wasn't all that interested until I started reading all the hype about it.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Mov ... index.html
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
Lon

any good films out there

Post by Lon »

Just saw "The Notebook" last evening. Excellent but sad film and beautifully photographed. I would nominate it for an "Academy Award". A great love story in my view.
libertine

any good films out there

Post by libertine »

Not knowing your taste makes it a little difficult to recommend, but believe it or not The Incredibles was a really good movie..great animation. Not just for kids. NAtional Treasure was surprisingly good, also. With the Academy Awards and Golden Globes coming up I'm reminded of some others over the year...Mystic River was excellent but definitely NOT a feel good movie. Also liked Master and Commander (which surprised me that I did) :D
minks

any good films out there

Post by minks »

Tombstone wrote: What did you all think about the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy?

I thought they were awesome and entertaining.

"Man on Fire" - with Denzel Washington

"Dawn of the Dead"

Shrek 2

Do you like thrillers, sci-fi, or dramas?

Yes praise LOTR I own them all and love them

I saw King Arthur last week I don't know what thrilled me more the entire flick or the out takes and interviews and finding out what those actors had to learn... simply amazing. Some had to learn to ride a horse, ok simple enough until you tell him he has to drop reign, and shoot a bow and arrow and yep he learned it and did it himself. No stunt double. Can't recal the actor but it was grand. You have to view this flick with an open mind because it is fantasy after all and sways from some of our perceptions of King Arthur and Merlin, and Sir Galahad and Lady Gwenevere. But I liked it alot.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
beautyful

any good films out there

Post by beautyful »

I'm guessing no-one here has seen Team America:World police :wah:
Peg

any good films out there

Post by Peg »

Lon wrote: Just saw "The Notebook" last evening. Excellent but sad film and beautifully photographed. I would nominate it for an "Academy Award". A great love story in my view.

Me and my daughter darn near flooded the town with out tears watching this movie.
Peg

any good films out there

Post by Peg »

We also watched the movie "The Ring" tonight. While it was a good movie and suspenseful, I was a little disappointed. I expected it to be a little scarier.
koan

any good films out there

Post by koan »

I was told I HAD to watch "Kill Bill". I begrudgingly sat through the campiest movie I have seen since Lynch's "Wild at Heart". A little camp is fun but too much and I just can't stay in the movie. They mixed animation into the film and heads flying galore. No one just bleeds in this gore fest they explode.

But I couldn't wait to see the second one.

As unrealistic as the story is...I watched the ending of Kill Bill 2 over and over and over again. Absolutely worth watching both films just for the last fifteen minutes.
cr

any good films out there

Post by cr »

A great movie to watch is Napoleon Dynamite. It is one of the BEST MOVIES EVER!

I now own it and have watched it at least 7 times. :wah:
CR :guitarist
Jives

any good films out there

Post by Jives »

I just rented a few films this weekend:

Ray - This is academy award material? Boring and long. It dragged the whole time. Miss it.

Friday Night Lights - Great Sports movie. Fast paced and OUCH, those hits! You really care about the characters.

Mr. 3000 - Not bad. Pretty funny and warm.

Garage Days - OMG This is the funnist movie I've seen in a long, long time. It's got some bad language, and sexual innuendo but is flat out hilarious. Imagine "Friends" but they are all dysfunctional and they go to Australia to start a garage band. The scene where the drummer accidentally puts a drop of acid in everyone's drinks at a dinner party for one set of parents is hysterical.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”