The DaVinci Code....May 17

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

The DaVinci Code is being released May 17.

Speilberg & Hanks team up again.

Cant wait.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

Me either. The book was great and I hope the movie is just as good.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
libertine

Post by libertine »

It's not Spielberg, it's Ron Howard, which should make it a reallly interesting movie. Tom Hanks is good, but the combination with Howard will make for a really intriguing film, just as the book was. Spielberg would have been great, also, but the movie would have been much different.

At any rate, it will be a good flick
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

libertine wrote: It's not Spielberg, it's Ron Howard, which should make it a reallly interesting movie. Tom Hanks is good, but the combination with Howard will make for a really intriguing film, just as the book was. Spielberg would have been great, also, but the movie would have been much different.

At any rate, it will be a good flick

Speilberg and Howard have a production co. together. Theyre making this film.
I AM AWESOME MAN
jhwty42

Post by jhwty42 »

whole story sucks. I can't believe so many people in the world are thrilled by some stupid (in historical point of view) sensations about christianity. I think more effective for their life will be to red Matthew 5.

sick of this pseudo-spiritaulity in our material civilization.

stick to the big black book.

we are only here for a while...
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

Reading this book made me want to go to Paris and see first hand the places described in it.

Short of a trip there, I'm hoping the movie will satisfy my desire to see these locations.
Amie

Post by Amie »

SnoozeControl wrote: I don't care how inaccurate the history is, the movie's got Paul Bettany, people! *drool*

I love Paul Bettany as well, but I just can't picture him as Silas AT ALL. :thinking: Time will tell I guess!
Amie

Post by Amie »

jhwty42 wrote: whole story sucks. I can't believe so many people in the world are thrilled by some stupid (in historical point of view) sensations about christianity. I think more effective for their life will be to red Matthew 5.

It's a work of fiction. I fail to see the problem.
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

koochikoo wrote: That's exactly how I felt! I'm a major homebody that had no desire to leave my country until I read The Da Vinci Code. Now I feel like I'm missing out on something. That book has inspired in me the possibility of 'maybe one day...'

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie, I just hope I'm not disappointed as I usually am when seeing movies based on books. They seem to lose a great deal in the transaction.

Yes, they play with the plot a bit, but hopefully they won't dare to fudge the locations............ Should be like a travel log, I'm hoping.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I love Audrey Tatou - am looking forward to the film. The book is a rollicking good tale! It's fiction, not fact - and some of those ideas have been around a long time. Dan Brown just puts them all together wonderfully well. I actually managed to get to the Temple Church in London and the Master of the Temple or whatever he was called- who was featured as a character in the book - gave a talk on the novel. Very interesting. The Temple Church is not open all the time like some other London churches, but it's an interesting place to visit. Here's a pic of the outside and a couple of the inside showing the knight effigies. There was something in today's newspaper here about the Eurostar train having some million dollar tourism connection with the Da Vinci Code company... Paris London ?Scotland.

Attached files
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Bez

Post by Bez »

jhwty42 wrote: whole story sucks. I can't believe so many people in the world are thrilled by some stupid (in historical point of view) sensations about christianity. I think more effective for their life will be to red Matthew 5.

The book is intriguing and thought provoking as was 'the search for the 'Holy Grail'

I prefer to stay open minded on these issues.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”