My decadent weekend

abbey

My decadent weekend

Post by abbey »

Duckface out of four weddings & a funeral was in it also, it was a pretty good production.

Gawd bless the BBC.
Bez

My decadent weekend

Post by Bez »

SnoozeControl wrote: I just watched a BBC production called "Tipping the Velvet" about a woman in the 1800s with an alternate life style. I'm jealous that the Brits are open minded enough to broadcast something like this.

There is virtually NOTHING that isn't shown on British TV. but some is after the so called 'watershed' of 9pm. This was a widely acclaimed drama when it was shown here and I have to say that the BBC is second to none when it comes to MOsT of it's programmes...no adverts either
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Uncle Kram

My decadent weekend

Post by Uncle Kram »

I believe that the working title for "Tipping the Velvet" was "Fluent in Gaelic"

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
abbey

My decadent weekend

Post by abbey »

ArnoldLayne wrote: Duckface ??:-3 An obvious northern attempt at the English language. Sorry ducks, you'll joost ave t'explain t'Arnold :wah:. Yer wazzock ;)Duckface was the name of a character out of 4 weddings ya southern monkey :wah:
Bez

My decadent weekend

Post by Bez »

Wazzuck ??? Monkey ??? duck ??? oh the insults ARE flying tonight :D
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Nomad

My decadent weekend

Post by Nomad »

ArnoldLayne wrote: I am at this moment watching a US programme about plastic surgery and all the woman have permanent fuzzy bits over their breasts. Hahaha Come on fellas they're called nipples and they exist. We show them on daytime TV

You get to see nipples ? Were very puritan yet in a whore-ish way here.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

My decadent weekend

Post by Nomad »

ArnoldLayne wrote: It is odd how its regarded as acceptable to show violence on TV , however cartoonish (A-team for example ) yet get in a tizz at the sight of pubic hair and nipples and the such. I find it quite bizzarre

Seems the Brits would be even more repressed than we are, but that might just be stereotyping on my part.
I AM AWESOME MAN
lady cop

My decadent weekend

Post by lady cop »

Nomad wrote: Seems the Brits would be even more repressed than we are, but that might just be stereotyping on my part.my Brit is very reserved about some things, until we are together. a Brit would rather die than embarrass someone or be rude.
lady cop

My decadent weekend

Post by lady cop »

illustrative of that fact...i took him to work with me once, and he was horrified at me ripping some jerk a new one. i was raised to be genteel, but on the job one has to get down in the dirt.
Nomad

My decadent weekend

Post by Nomad »

ArnoldLayne wrote: Actually, i dont think so. Despite our stiff upper lipness we are extraordinarily tolerant of what is shown on TV, including sex and language. There are very few, if any, boundaries left to cross especially with language. Comedy has been stretching the boundaries for donkeys years and some would possibly shock you, given some of the content. In fact good old fashioned Auntie Beeb is probably at the fore front of breaking down the barriers

Well certainly we have changed in that regard but as long as we have the Jerry Falwell's and Christian right aka (God on our side) we will be walking around with clenched butts all the while reading about axe murders, child rapists and guys who punch old ladies in the face for a ten dollar bill. Sometimes I dont even know who we are anymore.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

My decadent weekend

Post by Nomad »

SnoozeControl wrote: I'm currently trying to watch "Sky Captain and the World Of Tomorrow" but can we say big yawn?

I really don't like Gwyneth Paltrow, either.

Does lovely Gwyneth show her nipples by any chance ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Uncle Kram

My decadent weekend

Post by Uncle Kram »

Was he a law you'd like to break?

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”