Worst Movie of 2005

Alan Ryan

Worst Movie of 2005

Post by Alan Ryan »

My vote for worst movie of the year goes to "War of the Worlds". From the first minute in the opening scene in which Tom Cruise climbs out of his crane, I knew I was going to hate the picture. It was all downhill with successive closeups of Cruise (and a little girl) cringing with fear as the monsters rampaged through town. Not much plot, poor script, no real characterisation, only the special effects were interesting. I should have been quite content to see Cruise eaten by the machine-monsters and for them to win the war and rule the planet.
SOJOURNER

Worst Movie of 2005

Post by SOJOURNER »

I too was very disappointed with War of the Worlds. It was just dribble.

Why to you suppose they are making so many remakes? Isn't there enough new to do the first time?
BabyRider

Worst Movie of 2005

Post by BabyRider »

Hey Alan, based on that glowing reccomendation, I will be waiting till it comes out on DVD to see it. I haven't heard a lot good about it, and was debating with myself whether or not to spend the money to see it on the big screen. Your post here has decided me. Thanks! :yh_bigsmi
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Uncle Kram

Worst Movie of 2005

Post by Uncle Kram »

Sin City. Brilliant black & white vibe going on but I've seen a better film on my mates teeth

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Wolverine

Worst Movie of 2005

Post by Wolverine »

Clancy wrote: Hello Alan. Welcome to FG

...There was a Tom Cruise film that I did enjoy, It was "Collateral" {directed by Michael Mann} where he plays a hit man.
i enjoyed it too, because Cruise DIES in the end.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Wolverine

Worst Movie of 2005

Post by Wolverine »

Uncle Kram wrote: Sin City. Brilliant black & white vibe going on but I've seen a better film on my mates teeth
BOOO!! that was an excellent flick.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”