King Kong

Yavanna

King Kong

Post by Yavanna »

This has got such fab reviews I might have to go and see it (despite knowing that the ending will break my heart....wibble:( )

It sounds long, at over 3 hours, but I like a longer movie - if it's good. And besides, Kong reminds me of an ex-boyfriend in the dim and distant past......:rolleyes:
valerie

King Kong

Post by valerie »

Roger Ebert's review in the paper this morning gave it four stars... his

highest praise...
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

SOJOURNER

King Kong

Post by SOJOURNER »

Over 3 hours is a very long time to sit through a remake. I hope someone sees this soon and gives us the scoop on whether we should go now or wait till the video comes out.

Having been so disappointed in 'War of the Worlds', I'm not anxious to rush out to see this.

And why is it that Hollywood is making so many remakes now?
Wolverine

King Kong

Post by Wolverine »

Yavanna wrote: This has got such fab reviews I might have to go and see it (despite knowing that the ending will break my heart....wibble:( )

It sounds long, at over 3 hours, but I like a longer movie - if it's good. And besides, Kong reminds me of an ex-boyfriend in the dim and distant past......:rolleyes:
"we" weren't that long ago.:wah:

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Yavanna

King Kong

Post by Yavanna »

Ah, I have fond memories of your jungle-like underarm hair and beetling brow......nostalgic sigh Do you still take the steroids ? :p

Sojourner - I'm with you on War of the Worlds. But I can never resist going to see these blockbusters in the cinema - even if they turn out to be disappointing. I'd rather be slightly bored for a couple of hours than miss a truly fantastic film on the big screen. Imagine missing something like the LOTR films and only seeing them on DVD ! Oh the horror!:eek:

Kong has had such good reviews that it's a must for me. And I do worship at the feet of Jack Black. He's so cute with a little moustache:D
nvalleyvee

King Kong

Post by nvalleyvee »

I've seen TV previews of the new one and it does appeal to my scifi and animation side......I want to see it. We watched the original 1933 version last night...giggled in parts because it just doesn't fit 2005 for tech- but it was fun to watch....it was one of the firsst talkie scifi movies - Faye Ray reminded me sooo much of Jamie Curtis who screamed through the first Halloween movie. I didn't like the remake of King Kong but this one might be fun.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Benjamin

King Kong

Post by Benjamin »

I saw King Kong this evening. That was one dumb movie. :wah: Unless you're really into animation, watching this movie is excruciatingly boring. There's no real character development, the action scenes are completely unbelievable, and the plot is weak. Jack Black is one of the worst actors I have ever watched and Adrian Brody is way too nerdy to be an action hero. The King Kong remake with Jeff Bridges and Jessica Lange was much better.
BabyRider

King Kong

Post by BabyRider »

Hi Benjamin, and welcome to FG. Sorry that my first post to you has to be complete and total disagreement! :yh_bigsmi

I loved this movie. I love great animation and this was the ultimate. I cried twice, and I do NOT cry at movies. The action scenes are mind-blowing and I got chills more than once. When Kong fights the T-Rexes.....wow. Great flick, I reccommend it highly.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Benjamin

King Kong

Post by Benjamin »

Glad you liked it BabyRider. I also cried. I think it was after the first hour when I realized I would have to sit through another two hours. :wah: Just kidding.

I would have been able to get into it more if there was less action and more character development. Some of the animation was pretty cool, but there was just too much of it, and much of it was flawed and some of it was just ridiculous.
Yavanna

King Kong

Post by Yavanna »

I saw this recently. Oh, the horror! :eek:

I really didn't enjoy it one little bit, like Benjamin. Sorry, Babyrider! I just couldn't help thinking how I could be using my time better - like finally trying botox, maybe, or something.

Adrian Brody is kind of nerdy, isn't he ? Or perhaps nerdy isn't the right word - too fragile, or something. And Jack Black, who I liked in School of Rock, was totally taking the **** in this film.

But the brow movements of Kong were the funniest bits - call that acting ? :D

Oh dear, and I was looking forward to it so much!

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”