Geisha filmmakers defend casting

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i didn't want to read that whole post, but i loved the book.
Bez

Post by Bez »

lady cop wrote: i didn't want to read that whole post, but i loved the book.

It's one of the best books I've ever read. I hope the film does it justice.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

I read most of the post (which is ok because I haven't read the book yet) and it just twists my panties that such things are so "important".

Maybe if some people - well most people - spent more time worrying about helping the homeless, making their neighborhoods a safer place to be,addressing animal cruelty issues, improving their local school systems, etc they wouldn't have time to worry about the ethnicity of the actors in a movie that was made for entertainment!

I honestly don't understand people that are offended by things that other people do. OK, I could understand being offended if someone spit on you or put dog poop in your mailbox. But to be offended by a picture of Piglet on a can to collect donations for a charity, a nativity scene, someone else's Christmas tree?

I mean really, how important is it in YOUR life that there is a nativity in the town square? If the gay couple down the road gets married, it affects you exactly how? If Chinese women play Japanese characters in the movie, well, maybe Japan needs a new acting school. And how in the world does an actress playing a part in a movie equal a nation losing face?
Sandi

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”