Are you living your dream or just living? ~Michele Fiore-Kaime

netmankt

Post by netmankt »

Will you hold on to your dreams or keep your dreams on hold?

Who says reality cant be your dreams?

The inspiring text above was taken from the Official Website of the independent film Siren (http://www.sirenthemovie.com). Scheduled to debut in the 2006 Sundance film festival in January, it is already creating a major rave in Las Vegas, Nevada.

"We have so many people interested in this film and we haven't even advertised it yet!" states Associate Producer Gene Kelly.

The film focuses on Storm, a 36-year-old wife and mother (played by writer and executive producer; Michele Fiore-Kaime) trying to revive teenage dreams of rock stardom. Gary Graham (from TV's "Alien Nation") plays the central character's husband; Erin Gray (from TV's "Silver Spoons") plays her agent. Michele Fiore-Kaime has been working on the project since 2001, rewrote the script with screenwriter Robert Gosnell ("Firewalker") and went through two directors before settling on Las Vegas-based Pat Kerby to helm the project.

Michele Fiore-Kaime was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. Fiercely independent, she was taught by her mother at an early age to value hard work. "If you dream it, you can do it" are the words that have guided her life.

(excerpt from Official Website)

"As I meet people, everyone has such a similarity," she says, focusing on "pursuing dreams that have been put on hold." Michele Fiore Kaime

With Michele Fiore Kaime's motivation and a personality that inspires others to follow their dreams, is what probably has the Las Vegas valley excited to see her dream come to reality.

More info can be found at: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449393/

:-6

Or www.sirenthemovie.com

Attached files
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

Geez - I've always live my life here and now and therfore my dreams. I really don't know why you have put celebreties up here.........they can never compare to my life.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
netmankt

Post by netmankt »

This film really opened my eyes to the world of Independent films and music. I never realized how corrupt and screwed up a lot of the big film and recording studios were until I did some of my own research. These big companies drive the bulk of the population to almost forcibly "like" what it being played on the radio and in theaters. I used to rent a lot of "mainstream" movies but I now rent Independent films in addition to some really "have to see it" types of films. Siren is one of those types of movies that make you feel good and wonder why there isn't more like it. In this world we need more Michele Fiore-Kaime's writing and starring in films.

:guitarist
netmankt

Post by netmankt »

All of us dream but how many of us act out on their dreams? There many types of inspirations. To some it may be a book, a belief, a role model, or some other type of spiritual awaking. But I believe a movie can be an inspiration. Siren is a movie that does this. I was so moved by this film that I am posting messages on several forums to help get the word out. It is how strongly I feel about this and that I want others to feel it as well. Peace.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449393/

www.sirenthemovie.com

:-6
netmankt

Post by netmankt »

More than 450 films are created every year. Less than 100 make it to the big screen and more than 250 make it television and DVD. Every once in a while a film is made that doesn’t make it to the big screen but warrants merit to be “big screen” material. Siren is one such film that depicts ordinary people doing extraordinary things. Independent films are the raw material of acting and film making. It is like the Toyota and big screen films are the Mercedes Benz; Overpriced, all show, and a gamble at desired results. Siren takes lots of different and quality elements and blends them into a well produced film with very good casting and storyline.

I liked Narnia and King Kong but I also liked Motorcycle Diaries and Leaving Las Vegas (both the later being independent films). By supporting indie films we promote up and coming stars and push out the old. Its evolution with the support of the public.
netmankt

Post by netmankt »

Much of the movies we see are made by big budget companies that steer the entertainment business world with their films that are marketed on the television, newspapers, and internet. Independent films are made with low budgets and pure acting ability. Big money movies don’t depend on acting ability due to their pyrotechnics and special effects that mask the requirement for a truly good film. It’s bad enough that movie theaters are in their 3rd year of consecutive declining attendance. Most movie goers complain of uncomfortable seats, distractions of other patrons, and expensive tickets and refreshments. Independent films are usually where actors/actresses get their start and are usually better in content. The independent movie Siren was made with the intent of presenting the public with truly good film attributes and acting ability. I truly wish that more movies like it will be made for us to see. I really liked the way the storyline with comic and dramatic elements brought this great film together.

More info can be found at:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449393/

www.sirenthemovie.com

~R
netmankt

Post by netmankt »

There are some movies that we see in life which have a profound impact on our lives. I remember watching “The fish that saved Pittsburgh” when I was a kid and the thrill of the game, the comic elements, and the music really made an impact on me about choosing movies to watch. It also made me a movie critique to my family and friends. When I first saw “Siren” in a private screening I was revisited by this feeling I had as a child. Inspirational films really have an impact on us all. Take “Topgun” for example, the Navy saw recruiting rates like never seen before. When “Rocky” came out it increased the boxing audience and profession to heights never before seen in the industry. Siren is just one of those inspirational movies that I believe everyone should see. Best of all it is an independent film which isn’t caught up in the industry politics. Just raw talent and good film making…

:G

:-4
netmankt

Post by netmankt »

Siren is an independent film that is playing in select cities throughout the U.S. and will probably come to DVD sometime next year. More and more Independent films are making their way into the mainstream thanks to more meaningful film making that provokes thought on major issues in society. Not to mention more critical audiences craving good quality films, not just shoot ‘em up no thought, action packed, and mind numbing pyrotechnics. Directors like Spielberg have always done his own thing and been pretty successful as a result. It’s every film makers dream so to speak. The only role I took part in with making the film was as a computer tech support person but I do wholeheartedly believe in this film and wish all to see it.

sirenthemovie dot com

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”