March of the Penquins

SOJOURNER

March of the Penquins

Post by SOJOURNER »

If you like animal documentaries, this is a good film to watch. These 'birds' are amazing in their devotion to each other and their 'egg/hatchling'.
lady cop

March of the Penquins

Post by lady cop »

i heard it was excellent...they are too cute! :-4
chonsigirl

March of the Penquins

Post by chonsigirl »

I want toshow it to my students, our 7th grade team is called the Penguins!

My mother saw it, and said it is wonderful.
SOJOURNER

March of the Penquins

Post by SOJOURNER »

chonsigirl wrote: I want toshow it to my students, our 7th grade team is called the Penguins!

My mother saw it, and said it is wonderful.

Our 21-year old, mother of our grandson, cried through the movie. Said she would NOT watch it again. Asked me why I would want to watch all that death and hardship........... Sensitive individuals may find life's realities harsh in this movie.
chonsigirl

March of the Penquins

Post by chonsigirl »

I shall watch it first, and then decide. Thank you for telling me this, so I can view it to see if it's too sensitive for 12 year olds.
Galbally

March of the Penquins

Post by Galbally »

A nature based documentary, well the cinematic ones are always good aren't they, well I've heard this is a good one, though it can't be a patch on "Touching the Void" now that was one hell of a docu-movie!
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Yavanna

March of the Penquins

Post by Yavanna »

Isn't this documentary edited to try and impose on penguins concepts of fidelity, monogamy, good parenting etc ? When in fact penguins are just as likely to sleep with the neighbour's wife as humans ? :p

Anthropomorphism. Since the days of Watership Down, not a good thing....:p ;)
Jives

March of the Penquins

Post by Jives »

SOJOURNER wrote: Our 21-year old, mother of our grandson, cried through the movie. Said she would NOT watch it again. Asked me why I would want to watch all that death and hardship........... Sensitive individuals may find life's realities harsh in this movie.

Don't worry, Chonsi. I previewed it already. A couple of eggs get broken, and they show one older penguin that died and froze to death, but they don't show any blood or predators eating the penguins. It got a 'G" rating and rightly so, it's just a plain old-fashioned documentary about penguins...but with photography that will knock your socks off!

I LOVED THIS SHOW!

P.S. We are watching it in our Reading clas on Friday with my 14-year olds.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Jives

March of the Penquins

Post by Jives »

Yavanna wrote: Isn't this documentary edited to try and impose on penguins concepts of fidelity, monogamy, good parenting etc ? When in fact penguins are just as likely to sleep with the neighbour's wife as humans ? :p

Anthropomorphism. Since the days of Watership Down, not a good thing....:p ;)

Negative, Yavanna. Penguins, unlike people, are completely monogamous during their reproductive cycle of four years. Since their young will key on their vocal patterns, they cannot "cheat" with other penguins. And please wait until you see this movie to bash it. The scenes of the penguin couples displaying love and affection for each other will melt your heart.

While it may be "edited" there is absolutely NOTHING staged on this show. The penguins act exactly like they do normally. It's incredible.;)
chonsigirl

March of the Penquins

Post by chonsigirl »

Jives wrote: Don't worry, Chonsi. I previewed it already. A couple of eggs get broken, and they show one older penguin that died and froze to death, but they don't show any blood or predators eating the penguins. It got a 'G" rating and rightly so, it's just a plain old-fashioned documentary about penguins...but with photography that will knock your socks off!

I LOVED THIS SHOW!

P.S. We are watching it in our Reading clas on Friday with my 14-year olds.
Oh thank you Jives! I thought this might make a nice movie to see the last day of school before vacation, on the 23rd...............
Jives

March of the Penquins

Post by Jives »

Holy smokes! You guys don't get out until the 23rd?!! We get out on the 16th! We get 16 days for Christmas! Of course New Mexico values ignornace, so a short shcool year is no big deal to us. (sigh)
chonsigirl

March of the Penquins

Post by chonsigirl »

We get 1 week! It is horrible! I am showing aflick on the 23rd, what kid will want to study by that date?

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”