The Perfect Woman!!!

Eddie Rex

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Eddie Rex »

Hello everyone my name is Eddie Rex and i am an independent filmaker in northern England. My latest short film is The Perfect Woman and its about sad git Richard who prefers a relationship with his lovedoll than with his wife!

The film can be seen on www.ukscreen.com/screen/221 and i am interested to hear the reviews, complaints, compliments, abuse, hatemail, or whatever...

"The Perfect Woman" can also be seen on www.studentfilms.com, www.vod.com and www.infilm.net

Best regards

Eddie Rex.

:guitarist :-6 : :wah: :-4
Eddie Rex

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Eddie Rex »

Has anyone watched it or not?
Eddie Rex

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Eddie Rex »

Eddie Rex

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Eddie Rex »

Thank you!:-6
Eddie Rex

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Eddie Rex »

:-6 Thank you!
jennyswan

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by jennyswan »

Hi Eddie

I just watched it. I liked the use of the sound effects. I thought it was quite humorous in a Monty Python kinda way!

I felt Keith got a justified beating and that Richard and Monica are kind of naive and innocent.

All in all I thought it was interesting in a boring sort of way. Not bad.
Eddie Rex

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Eddie Rex »

Thank you JennySwan for watching my film!

Keith was actually ME and i also played Dr.Ludwig von Washout.

My favourite part was the bus scene. We got really heckled by the passengers during the filming with our lovedoll.

Best regards

Eddie Rex.:guitarist :-6 :driving:
Eddie Rex

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Eddie Rex »

Cheers mate thanks for watching!:wah: :guitarist :cool:
Nomad

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Nomad »

Sorry Eddie. Im on dial up too. I waited like...I dont know 9 seconds then my head exploded because I have ADD. I have to go talk about butter now.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Eddie Rex

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Eddie Rex »

Nomad...i don't have a clue what your talking about.:-5
Eddie Rex

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Eddie Rex »

And where can i see your film then?
Eddie Rex

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Eddie Rex »

You sound like a really sad and weird person.:-3

Before you go and drown yourself in a bucket of your own ****, i suggest you be a bit more respectful instead of being the irritating baffoon you really are. Especially, if you have never made a film in your life!
orangesox1

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by orangesox1 »

I downloaded it but didn't get any sound for some reason. I'll try again today
lady cop

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by lady cop »

i haven't seen the film, but a filmaker, like a writer, by necessity needs to accept opinions/criticism.
Eddie Rex

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Eddie Rex »

Arnold...For your information i have already signed a contract with Propeller TV who are lauching a new digital channel (SKY) in Jan and THE PERFECT WOMAN is going to be screened!

However for all cinema screenings i strongly suggest that you become the projectionist. You sad person.

:wah: :-6 :guitarist
Eddie Rex

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Eddie Rex »

You are NOT glad to here it and obviously NOT the honest person you claim to be!

Stop lying! Your pants are on fire!!!:wah:
chonsigirl

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by chonsigirl »

Eddie, critiques asked for should be reviewed by yourself, and you deal with them the way you see fit. (Usually in a kind matter, but you asked for it on an open forum)

I know I do not like when editor's send back rewrites to me or make comments, but as the creator of a work, you have the option of following the advice or not. Maybe that is why I do not post my big works here, good grief, they would probably use it as the tome to put them to bed at night.

But I take criticism from those in my field and try to learn from them, and use them or not. That is the right of the artist/historian/writer/poet....whichever fits.
anastrophe

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by anastrophe »

as a student film, it was pretty good. it had characters, acting, a story line, continuity, editing, titles, etc.

all very good as a student effort. the editing needed to be tighter though, the movie could have been a third shorter.

i studied filmmaking in college, and made a couple of student films (this was back in the days of 16mm film). my films had the same elements, and were no better nor any worse.

all that said, please don't come to a forum, state " i am interested to hear the reviews, complaints, compliments, abuse, hatemail, or whatever...", then turn right round and be abusive to those who indulged your stated interest. even scorcese has his detractors. hurling epithets at people who don't like your film accomplishes nothing.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Eddie Rex

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Eddie Rex »

Yeeeeees...

I think i shall go and stand in a pond and pretend to be a statue!:-6 :guitarist :cool:
chonsigirl

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by chonsigirl »

Watch out for the pigeons..........................:)
Eddie Rex

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Eddie Rex »

The film can be also seen on www.studentfilms.com

www.vod.com

www.mediakiller.co.uk

www.playstarmusic.com

www.infilm.net

www.ukscreen.com/screen/221

So plenty to choose from...:guitarist :wah:
santa

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by santa »

Mrs. Claus is the perfect woman.
Galbally

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Galbally »

Dear Eddie, I have looked at your opus, and here is my opinion.

Firstly, I think you made a decent stab at it, but I have some constructive cricitism.

The script. You need to pace it up a bit, its a bit monosyballic, which is great if English is not your first language, but in a low rent student flick like this, the script is the one thing that you can impress with, like the German Dr. good idea, but you could have made him funnier by just making him more absurd than he was.

The editing, way too slow, you don't need to have a shot of a phone ringing for 5 seconds to get the idea across, every secene could have been made half the length they were and the film would have been much better. Every scene had a little pause before anyone said anything, this makes it seem unreal and stagey, and hampers the acting attempts. Watch commericals, they have the best editing work of any type of film thing, they can persuede you that a Volvo will go at 560 mph, get you laid, make tea, and clean up after itself in about 90 seconds of film, thats impressive.

The acting, well I presume that you and your mates had to do this, not the best really, but I suppose you were limited. If you are not great at acting the only way to go is to ham everything completely over the top so at least viewers will admire your nerve.

If you improve these, then the film would be 500 percent better. Thats honest advice, I'm not trying to annoy you, just some observations. :)
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Eddie Rex

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Eddie Rex »

Thank you Galbally, your review was very much appreciated!

I am aware that the editing is a bit crap therefore i recently did a course in editing myself, so i suppose if you want to do something proper, DO IT YOURSELF!

So far i have only 57 seconds edited out and i do not think i could reduce it anymore without deleting a scene i enjoy. My amended version will be uploaded to www.ifilm.com

My favourite scenes are the bus scene and the doctors surgery (Dr.Ludwig von Washout was actually me).

Nice picture of George Best by the way, i was very sad to hear that he past away, especially on my 29th birthday...:(

:-6
Galbally

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Galbally »

I'm glad it was of some use.

My personal favorite was P.C. Burnside, that man is a cinematic genius, whoever he is, I expect him to star in the next enstallment of "Prime Suspect". ;)

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Galbally

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Galbally »

Erm just on a technical issue, are those blow up dolls expensive?............now its not for myself you see, its just that I have this mate whose wife doesn't understand him, shes always blabbing to this German Doctor, and he is a bit sad with no friends or bus money.......and............ehhh............well you get what I mean. :lips:

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
jennyswan

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by jennyswan »

Erm just on a technical issue, are those blow up dolls expensive?............now its not for myself you see, its just that I have this mate whose wife doesn't understand him, shes always blabbing to this German Doctor, and he is a bit sad with no friends or bus money.......and............ehhh............well you get what I mean.

I just recently purchased the male version in the 2 Euro shop :D
Galbally

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Galbally »

jennyswan wrote: I just recently purchased the male version in the 2 Euro shop :D

Thank you very much Jenny, I shall inform erm....."him"..........straightaway.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Eddie Rex

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Eddie Rex »

The lovedoll cost me £25 from the Sex Shop and when i bought it she said "is it for your own use?" Naturally i was quite insulted by this comment and said "NO! i am a man of science..." and i leant back grabbing a dildo without realising.

"Oh i see. well as you look like a complete git with a small penis...would you like to buy a strap on todger aswell?"

I was then most offended by her comments, so i left with my lovedoll and dignity intact.

There were some other lovedolls available with the most expensive being around £200, but i have not yet had chance to try them out... :-6 :guitarist
Eddie Rex

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Eddie Rex »

You may call me a retard, but what is a negilgee?

And have you or anyone else watched my film?

www.ukscreen.com/screen/221
Eddie Rex

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Eddie Rex »

Shes nice and with a good pair of jugs, but in my short lifetime i have filled my boots with loads of women like her and she will cost you nothing but money.

Therefore i would prefer to go on a date with Sarah Ferguson! :-6 :guitarist
lady cop

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by lady cop »

that's silicone.
Galbally

The Perfect Woman!!!

Post by Galbally »

Eddie Rex wrote: Shes nice and with a good pair of jugs, but in my short lifetime i have filled my boots with loads of women like her and she will cost you nothing but money.

Therefore i would prefer to go on a date with Sarah Ferguson! :-6 :guitarist

I hope that is some kind of subtle British humour, I know what you mean about them fancy pants girls, they are more a pain in the pants than anything else, but Fergie? Surely you jest Eddie?

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”