Lords Of Dogtown

minks

Lords Of Dogtown

Post by minks »

Well much to my surprise this was a good movie. After weeks of Begging Jr. Minks was allowed to rent this and her and I watched it last nite. I really liked it.

Tis based loosely on the change over era in the late 70's from ballet style skateboarding to the radical extreme stuff we see now days. It took place during the dought in the late 70's in California, where the boarders would skate in peoples emptied swimming pools. Kind of a cool flick.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
minks

Lords Of Dogtown

Post by minks »

skittles2004 wrote: AWESOME i always wanted to watch that. Does it have anything to do with Tony Hawk?
funny you should ask, he does have a tiny tiny part in it, but honestly it was before his time, It was a good flick I think you would enjoy it skittles. Skateboarding used to be retardedly "gay" sorry to use that term but it was nothing like it is now, and these pseudo rebel teens changed it up. 2 went on to do big things in live both are pro board names I can only remember the ones name Alva boards I think, there other began with a P like Pergelli or something. One kid was tossed into jail, and another kid well I can't give it away but just let me say it was worth watching.

― Mae West
hotsauce

Lords Of Dogtown

Post by hotsauce »

I liked it too, Minks! I was pleasantly surprised!
minks

Lords Of Dogtown

Post by minks »

hotsauce wrote: I liked it too, Minks! I was pleasantly surprised!

Cool I figured many of us "non kids" would be pleasantly surprised.

Speaking of pleasing surprises, nice to see you around again Hotty hope life is treating you good.

― Mae West
minks

Lords Of Dogtown

Post by minks »

SnoozeControl wrote: Another one to put in my rental queue. I like Heath Ledger... he's in it, isn't he?

yes he is, but tough to recognize, I didn't know it was him till the end credits. Jr. Minks knew all along. I think you would like it SC

― Mae West

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”