should i or shouldnt i?!! A new shed!!..

Discuss cruiser bikes, the lifestyle, clubs, and other issues.
ladyloocy

Post by ladyloocy »

Hi all

I’m looking for some feedback from any of you about storing your bikes outdoors.

I’ve been recommended it by my mates that it’s one of the best in the market, they cost more then a wooden shed but it’s a lot more secure and theres plenty of room for all my other bits and pieces.

Has anyone else got one of these, and could you let me know what you think before I order it! :thinking:

Cheers

Lucy
If i dig and i dig....:yh_ghost
spot

Post by spot »

This may be a silly question but why did you copy that post onto ForumGarden? I'd love to finally have my curiosity satisfied. Come on back and try to explain how you benefit.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
ladyloocy

Post by ladyloocy »

spot;1312175 wrote: This may be a silly question but why did you copy that post onto ForumGarden? I'd love to finally have my curiosity satisfied. Come on back and try to explain how you benefit.

Hi!

I've just got myself a new bike to commute to work in, but im finding it a bit of a hassle getting it out from my house in the morning... some friends of mine have all got proper bike sheds in their garden, but they can be quite expensive..what do you guys think?

cheers!
If i dig and i dig....:yh_ghost
spot

Post by spot »

But that exact post is on other forums beside this one. You can't be Daniel on one and Lucy here and Samantha on a third, you lose credibility that way.

Why not just come out and say you're being paid to sell sheds?

This is from the Ethics Code Statement of the Word of Mouth Marketing Association:We practice openness about the relationship between consumers, advocates, and marketers. We encourage word of mouth advocates to disclose their relationship with marketers in their communications with other consumers. We don't tell them specifically what to say, but we do instruct them to be open and honest about any relationship with a marketer and about any products or incentives that they may have received.

We stand against shill and undercover marketing, whereby people are paid to make recommendations without disclosing their relationship with the marketer.

http://www.womma.org/ethics/code/read/

Would you like to to disclose your marketing relationship? Honestly, discussing this would interest me. Buying a shed wouldn't.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

spot;1312185 wrote: Buying a shed wouldn't.

All men like sheds, they're down the bottom of the garden and men go there to think (and hide I think). You know how well a man has done in life by the size of his shed. :wah:

I hope you get an answer to your questions although I somehow doubt it. :-3
spot

Post by spot »

I'm an avid reader of and occasional contributor to uk.rec.sheds, it's not as though I'm a complete beginner.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

I love my shed. I sit there for days untill I'm festooned in cobwebs. When the beer runs out I go back in doors and tell my wife of the places I've been and the adventures and scrapes I got myself in.

I think she knows though
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

YouTube - Monty Python - Arthur 'Two Sheds' Jackson

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

Odie

Post by Odie »

spot;1312185 wrote: You can't be Daniel on one and Lucy here and Samantha on a third, you lose credibility that way.

hogwash!:yh_rotfl

it all depends 'what kind of forum' it is.
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

Post by spot »

Odie;1312197 wrote: hogwash!:yh_rotfl

it all depends 'what kind of forum' it is.

Don't you think your selectively leaving off the first half of my statement - "that exact post is on other forums beside this one" - changes the meaning of the bit that's left?

Of course she can be Daniel on one and Lucy here and Samantha on a third but not when she's posted identical claims to excitement over a named brand of shed with all three accounts. When she does all of that she's a viral marketer, not a poster.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

IDK as I keep my bike in my garage. Bike locks don't work as they can easily be cut off :thinking:
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

I must live in the posh end of town. Sheds around here are block built and even have nets and curtains! :-2
spot

Post by spot »

And drinks cabinets, I expect.
Odie

Post by Odie »

mine is locked in my shed..key lock of course.
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

just need a little guard dog, thats all................

Attached files
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

Odie

Post by Odie »

beowulf;1312220 wrote: just need a little guard dog, thats all................

Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Snowfire;1312195 wrote: I love my shed. I sit there for days untill I'm festooned in cobwebs. When the beer runs out I go back in doors and tell my wife of the places I've been and the adventures and scrapes I got myself in.

I think she knows though
I love my shed also and can relate to the escapism one can find inside. My wife did object when my shed was fitted out with kitchen cupboards but only a man can understand these things. I need cupbaords, racks, drawers and hanging utensils for tools and fishing gear and i'm about to install new lighting for night use. The wife did have an idea of hanging curtains at the window, painting it pink and adding planted window boxes but i prefer the wood stain look along with the cobwebs. My shed is situated as close as possible to the house and padlocked to the hilt to deter anyone from taking a fancy to my fishing gear although my most prized gear is kept in the house where three dogs have been trained to kill should a stranger go within a foot of it. I did toy with the idea of wiring up electric fencing around my shed but was advised that i'd be breaking the law.

Men need sheds and i think we should campaign for more.
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

Peter Lake;1312234 wrote:

Men need sheds and i think we should campaign for more.

amen brother :D

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

beowulf;1312196 wrote: YouTube - Monty Python - Arthur 'Two Sheds' Jackson

Sweet !!!

Return to “Biker Forum”