Progressive Insurance

Discuss cruiser bikes, the lifestyle, clubs, and other issues.
BabyRider

Progressive Insurance

Post by BabyRider »

Anyone use them? I've signed up with them for my bike. I recently got a letter stating they were going to cancel me, because they need a photo, the title, and an appraisal of the bike.

So. I go out, spend $45 on an appraisal, which the guy was kind enough to fax over himself, and I emailed copies of the title and a photo of my bike. I got an immediate response, saying thank you for the email, allow 7-10 days for processing. I called the next day to be sure they received my fax of the appraisal, and the guy told me that they had received the fax, but no title or photos. I asked, Why, then, did I get an email confirming those very things??

He said it could still be in processing, and he just doesn't have it on the computer yet. I said, well, since you guys plan on cancelling me on the 27th, are you going to give me some leeway? It's not MY fault it takes you so long to process stuff, to which the man replies, "If we don't have everything by the 27th, you will be cancelled." THEN he tells me he needs THREE views of the bike!!! Both sides, and a close-up of the VIN.!!!! I asked why was that not stated clearly in the letter I received??? I'm trying to jump through all the hoops you guys are setting up, but you're sure not making it easy on me!!! The letter said "photo." Singular. It did not say photos, plural, and it sure didn't say anything about a close up of the VIN!!!! I'm getting extremely aggravated, and I'm about to tell them to shove their policy up their ass and send me a refund check, and I'll go with Bullet's State Farm insurance.

For all their wonderful commercials about how they work so hard for you even before you're a customer, it sure is a bitch BEING a customer!!!! :-5 :-5
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

chonsigirl

Progressive Insurance

Post by chonsigirl »

I changed from Progressive when I took over my husband's affairs. They wouldn't change 2 things on the policy, and I went elsewhere, and got the same coverage for 60% less.
BabyRider

Progressive Insurance

Post by BabyRider »

chonsigirl wrote: I changed from Progressive when I took over my husband's affairs. They wouldn't change 2 things on the policy, and I went elsewhere, and got the same coverage for 60% less.
Really?? :yh_eyebro

May I ask where you went, or is that not applicable to motorcycle insurance?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

chonsigirl

Progressive Insurance

Post by chonsigirl »

Geico. I don't know if they have motorcycle insurance or not.
BabyRider

Progressive Insurance

Post by BabyRider »

chonsigirl wrote: Geico. I don't know if they have motorcycle insurance or not.
Geico does handle motorcycle insurance. I will check them out, along with a few others. Thanks, Chonsi!! :-6
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

weeder

Progressive Insurance

Post by weeder »

BabyRider wrote: Anyone use them? I've signed up with them for my bike. I recently got a letter stating they were going to cancel me, because they need a photo, the title, and an appraisal of the bike.

So. I go out, spend $45 on an appraisal, which the guy was kind enough to fax over himself, and I emailed copies of the title and a photo of my bike. I got an immediate response, saying thank you for the email, allow 7-10 days for processing. I called the next day to be sure they received my fax of the appraisal, and the guy told me that they had received the fax, but no title or photos. I asked, Why, then, did I get an email confirming those very things??

He said it could still be in processing, and he just doesn't have it on the computer yet. I said, well, since you guys plan on cancelling me on the 27th, are you going to give me some leeway? It's not MY fault it takes you so long to process stuff, to which the man replies, "If we don't have everything by the 27th, you will be cancelled." THEN he tells me he needs THREE views of the bike!!! Both sides, and a close-up of the VIN.!!!! I asked why was that not stated clearly in the letter I received??? I'm trying to jump through all the hoops you guys are setting up, but you're sure not making it easy on me!!! The letter said "photo." Singular. It did not say photos, plural, and it sure didn't say anything about a close up of the VIN!!!! I'm getting extremely aggravated, and I'm about to tell them to shove their policy up their ass and send me a refund check, and I'll go with Bullet's State Farm insurance.

For all their wonderful commercials about how they work so hard for you even before you're a customer, it sure is a bitch BEING a customer!!!! :-5 :-5
A few years ago... they doubled my insurance. My son Brian and his wife were staying with me for a few weeks. Brian answered the phone when they called. They decided that I was hiding him from them!!!! Try E Surance. Its great. All done over the computer, Very Cheap.. Because they do not generate any paper work.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]

Return to “Biker Forum”