*BREAKING NEWS* Jesus Endorses Abortion

Discuss the Christian Faith.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Let's not forget who is talking here. Jesus knew from the very beginning that we'd be quoting him and making what we would of his utterances.

Matthew 26:24

New International Version (NIV)

24 The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born.”

It's also important to note that Jesus said "born", not "conceived". Surely he would have known the difference. So according to the man himself, life begins at birth.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Speaking of religion, last night I watched the first episode of the new series called "Bible" on the History channel.

My questions:

If God wanted his chosen people released from bondage, why did it take 400 years to do it?

Why the plagues? Couldn't he just tell the Jews to walk away and if the Egyptians followed he would ( insert your own ways that God could have killed, slowed down, or made marmalade of the Egyptians) he was God ya know.

I'm not challenging the validity of God, I'm challenging the validity of the stories.

As I continue to watch the show I'm sure I'll have more questions.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1422243 wrote: Let's not forget who is talking here. Jesus knew from the very beginning that we'd be quoting him and making what we would of his utterances.

Matthew 26:24

New International Version (NIV)

24 The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born.”

It's also important to note that Jesus said "born", not "conceived". Surely he would have known the difference. So according to the man himself, life begins at birth.

I got slapped once on my Gospel commentary, but I am willing to give it another chance.

Sir, seems to me you left out a little something.

23 Jesus replied, “The one who has dipped his hand into the bowl with me will betray me. 24 The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born.”

25 Then Judas, the one who would betray him, said, “Surely you don’t mean me, Rabbi?”

Jesus answered, “You have said so.”

Seems to me he is speaking of a person who had choice to determine his fate, no an unborn child.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.

Return to “Christianity”