Baby christian

Discuss the Christian Faith.
southern yankee

Baby christian

Post by southern yankee »

Is there anyone else here who just found the Lord a short time ago?? All i can say , since the Lord enterd my life. My life is soooo much more happier. i have a inner peace i have never had before. It is so hard to explain the feelings i have. Yes, i still have DRAMA. in my life. Who doesn't?? But life is just different. Anyone understand what i am trying to say????
spot

Baby christian

Post by spot »

It's a pivotal moment, you've a lot to discover but nothing's the same afterwards. There's before it happened and then there's after. You've a choice as well - you can either work out what happened as best you can, in your own mind, or you can accept what you're told by others. That makes a difference too. Good luck with it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Raven

Baby christian

Post by Raven »

southern yankee;1291214 wrote: Is there anyone else here who just found the Lord a short time ago?? All i can say , since the Lord enterd my life. My life is soooo much more happier. i have a inner peace i have never had before. It is so hard to explain the feelings i have. Yes, i still have DRAMA. in my life. Who doesn't?? But life is just different. Anyone understand what i am trying to say????
I know exactly how you feel. I knew the Lord as a child, but then puberty and a difficult marriage, (or two) seperated us a bit. But the rediscovery was fabulous. The paper trail never ends dude! Read everything you can, and go to church every Sunday. Read your Bible, in whole books at a time. Highlight all the bits that really speak to you. When you get to the end, start over! It says something new with every reading. Your understanding gets greater, and your love of God grows without boundries.

Dont lose heart when God prunes you back a bit. It hurts but you bloom better. Trust me, He knows what he is doing. Find your place in His plan if you can. Dont worry, let go, and let Him go about His business. Welcome to the family! :-4
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
southern yankee

Baby christian

Raven;1291250 wrote: I know exactly how you feel. I knew the Lord as a child, but then puberty and a difficult marriage, (or two) seperated us a bit. But the rediscovery was fabulous. The paper trail never ends dude! Read everything you can, and go to church every Sunday. Read your Bible, in whole books at a time. Highlight all the bits that really speak to you. When you get to the end, start over! It says something new with every reading. Your understanding gets greater, and your love of God grows without boundries.

Dont lose heart when God prunes you back a bit. It hurts but you bloom better. Trust me, He knows what he is doing. Find your place in His plan if you can. Dont worry, let go, and let Him go about His business. Welcome to the family! :-4 as old as i am. this must sound crazy. over the half century mark:lips: but last nite i went to my first bible study. i was shocked what i learned in one hour!!!!:) Hubby and i read the bible to each other daily. We are useing a year guide. that advises us what to read. GOD IS GOOD
Raven

Baby christian

Post by Raven »

southern yankee;1291273 wrote: as old as i am. this must sound crazy. over the half century mark:lips: but last nite i went to my first bible study. i was shocked what i learned in one hour!!!!:) Hubby and i read the bible to each other daily. We are useing a year guide. that advises us what to read. GOD IS GOOD
My advice is to be careful about Bible study groups. Trust the understanding the Holy Spirit gives you. It is His book, He wrote it. He also knows you. And yes God is all that is good. Enjoy your jouney! It is amazing!
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
DrLeftover

Baby christian

Post by DrLeftover »

Congratulations and welcome to the Church.

Now, having said that.

We are ALL "baby Christians".

The most important thing to remember is that no matter who is teaching, speaking, preaching, or writing.... They are Human, and have opinions and they're entitled to them.

Everybody has an opinion, they're like armpits, everybody has a couple and some of them Stink.

When those other humans are teaching, and they say something, make sure it is from Scripture before you take it as such.

Example:

"Cleanliness is next to Godliness."

What is the chapter and verse on that?

Look all you want, it isn't there. Not in the Proverbs, nor in Jude, or anywhere else in the Bible.

If they cannot supply a "Thus Saith the Lord" (or the Apostle Paul or somebody like that) it is the word of men, and just as likely to be nonsense as not.

I once heard a preacher in the pulpit on a Sunday morning go on about the evils of women having more than one earring in each ear. And I called him on it then and there. That cannot be supported in Scripture, and he admitted after I had interrupted the service, that it was his opinion. Except he hadn't said "I think" he was speaking as the leader of the corporate worship service of the Church. A position of authority that shouldn't be taken lightly.

But he was still a man.

Anyway... Welcome to the larger life that is walking with God.

And if you have any questions that you want an honest answer on. Ask.
[Signature Removed]
shelbell

Baby christian

Post by shelbell »

southern yankee;1291214 wrote: Is there anyone else here who just found the Lord a short time ago?? All i can say , since the Lord enterd my life. My life is soooo much more happier. i have a inner peace i have never had before. It is so hard to explain the feelings i have. Yes, i still have DRAMA. in my life. Who doesn't?? But life is just different. Anyone understand what i am trying to say????

Even tho it's been 12yrs for me, that inner peace you mention can never be taken, it would be impossible to explain to someone that is not a believer....it has to be experienced to be understood. It's been a few years since I've been a regular church attendee, but when hubby died last year they were there for me for his funeral service and the deconessess put out a nice spread for the gathering afterwards. My advice is similar to what has been given, let the bible speak to you on it's own, that's how God wants you to feed from His word. If listening to others interpretations, make sure it can be backed up by scripture. And most importantly...hold on tight and enjoy the ride....it's awesome!!!! :-4
southern yankee

Baby christian

shelbell;1291759 wrote: Even tho it's been 12yrs for me, that inner peace you mention can never be taken, it would be impossible to explain to someone that is not a believer....it has to be experienced to be understood. It's been a few years since I've been a regular church attendee, but when hubby died last year they were there for me for his funeral service and the deconessess put out a nice spread for the gathering afterwards. My advice is similar to what has been given, let the bible speak to you on it's own, that's how God wants you to feed from His word. If listening to others interpretations, make sure it can be backed up by scripture. And most importantly...hold on tight and enjoy the ride....it's awesome!!!! :-4 thank you my dear friend:-4

Return to “Christianity”