Did the Bible cause terrorism.....??

Discuss the Christian Faith.
Abram Is Muslim

Post by Abram Is Muslim »

The Vail is something cover the face ....In general...

Exodus 34:33 And till Moses had done speaking with them, he put a vail on his face.

The Women were wearing Vail,

Genesis 38:19 And she arose, and went away, and laid by her vail from her, and put on the garments of her widowhood.

Genesis 38:14And she put off the garments of her widowhood, and took a veil: and changing her dress, sat in the cross way, that leadeth to Thamnas: because Sela was grown up, and she had not been married to him.

And In Islam , there are two opinions and the woman pick what suit her
--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Islamic History Of Europe

Why Im a terrorist.....??Loving Jihad
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Abram Is Muslim;1200993 wrote: The Vail is something cover the face ....In general...

The Women were wearing Vail,

And In Islam , there are two opinions and the woman pick what suit her

The question is when is it appropriate to wear the veil. Every Christian woman will wear the veil before her prospective husband at her wedding but very few find it appropriate to wear one in front of a stranger - I was looking for a scriptural directive for her to do so.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

I'm not at all religious which apparently does not help much. However i do feel when in Rome do as the romans do to some extent. If i were living in a country that prefered me to cover my head for whatever reason i would do it to be respectful.

In Scotland we do not expect women to do this and therefore i would prefer women do not to be respectful to the country they are living in.
Chockygirl

Post by Chockygirl »

Abram Is Muslim;1200860 wrote: [CENTER]

No sister it aint about the religion teachings,

The Hijab or the head scarf is the choice of the Muslim woman ,she even ready to fight for it,

You may see what they wear as a retard thing , but for them it means alot,the girl like want to say no One can see my beauty , I'm not for sale , and when she works somewhere, she is like saying , judge my brain , not my body.....

At the same time , many Muslims feels that the western tradition took the women's dignity away, as I talked about the rapping in US for example , it was almost 13 women getting rapped every hour, and how the women been act at work in many places , and being used by her boss, and and and , many see that as hurting for the woman's being ...

First of all,I would suggest that you stop using the word,'retard',I find it highly offensive,and the way you are using it is not the correct meaning at all.

I have no problems if a woman decides she wishes to wear the Hijab as long as her motives for doing so are HER choice and not what she has been forced to do by the male heirachy.

I think you also need to tread warily in your protestations of women being raped in the U.S.

Of course,it's an abominable crime and the rapist should receive an hefty sentence,not as to what happens in some Muslim countries though, whereby the raped woman is stoned to death,or murdered by her own family, for what is perceived as HER crimes,and the rapist receives no censure.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Wow predudice against a new guy or what? :-2
Chockygirl

Post by Chockygirl »

buttercup;1201030 wrote: Wow predudice against a new guy or what? :-2

Oh,I apologize if you see it that way,that wasn't my intention at all.

I feel with Mohamed's posts that we have been somewhat bombarded with everything that he perceives as wrong with our cultures and way of life, and I was just trying to ask his opinions of practices that I,either don't understand,or feel to be contentious in the Muslim culture.

buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Got a funny way of putting those questions forward :-2
Abram Is Muslim

buttercup;1201006 wrote: I'm not at all religious which apparently does not help much. However i do feel when in Rome do as the romans do to some extent. If i were living in a country that prefered me to cover my head for whatever reason i would do it to be respectful.

In Scotland we do not expect women to do this and therefore i would prefer women do not to be respectful to the country they are living in.

You are talking about Immagiration , while I'm talking about native Scottish , Americans, Europian Muslims....

So famouse x-Christians entering Islam

British Catholic Priest Converted To ISLAM

Fox News Youth Christian Americans Turning To ISLAM

CHRISTIAN PREACHER YUSUF ESTES ACCEPTS ISLAM - CHRISTL.PREDIGER nimmt den Islam an

TV Report: Thousands Latinos are Leaving The Catholic Church And Turning To ISLAM..

American Christian Baptist Woman Converted to Islam after seeing Islamic Youtube video

Dr. J Nicholson is a PhD in Theology, he used to be part of the Jehovah's witnesses and he came to Islam, and he is going to share his story with us

Thousands of Danish Converts to Islam

European Scientist converts to ISLAM

ISLAM fastest growing Faith among Youth Germans

Islam in Europe (the numbers)

Haters of Islam reverted to Islam (1of 2)

Haters of Islam reverted to Islam (2 of 2)

Famous Muslims you had never expected!

TV Report: 4000 Germans Converted To ISLAM Last Year!

The Coptic Church: 1.8 Million Christians embraced islam

German Lady Joins The Muslim Family .. Live Shahada!

TV.Report.Laura Jewish American Lady Converted To ISLAM

TV Report - Mathias Ex-Strict Catholic Converted To ISLAM

Pierre Vogel, the Man Who Converts Hundreds Germans To ISLAM

Prominent Scientists Testify To Scientific Facts in QURAN

Many Jewish and Christian Families Convert To ISLAM

Australian Woman Converted To ISLAM

TV REPORT - The French Finding the TRUTH in Islam

German businessman reverts to Islam

Italian Minister Reverted to Islam

Russian Orthodox Girls Converted to Islam 2009

An Ex-Israeli Jew accepting Islam

Abram Is Muslim

Chockygirl;1201028 wrote:

First of all,I would suggest that you stop using the word,'retard',I find it highly offensive,and the way you are using it is not the correct meaning at all.

I have no problems if a woman decides she wishes to wear the Hijab as long as her motives for doing so are HER choice and not what she has been forced to do by the male heirachy.

I think you also need to tread warily in your protestations of women being raped in the U.S.

Of course,it's an abominable crime and the rapist should receive an hefty sentence,not as to what happens in some Muslim countries though, whereby the raped woman is stoned to death,or murdered by her own family, for what is perceived as HER crimes,and the rapist receives no censure.

:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D: wht made you that mad:D:D:D

for the word retard, its just different from a place to another even inside US, and I ment the meaning used around my fiance , retard as something stop our development and so on, or when I call a person as a retard , I mean a person slow in comprehension.

and about the rapping and the culture, friend

Egypt is not an Islamic country , I dont think all of you know that or not , Egypt like US ,US isnt a christian country , they are called civilized counteries not depeneding on religiouse laws, thats first so the rapping problems are in Egypt too, by the way , and if it was in US about 447 thousands oer year , here its 20 thousands and both are not a small number , it refers to a big mess in the communities , the Egyptian or the American , and my owen openion is because both of them nade the religion as not required thing, I'm sure talking about the goverment and media, it direct the nations really, and I watch Fox News daily , I dont miss Mr.King on CNN , I know how things go there, and I already have hundreds of American friends, and nowadays nothing called my cluture and urs, because the world almost became a small valliage , and the culutres are being effected by each Others, and sure no One deny that the American culture conqured the world, even China , the big Cold Enemy , it was affected by the Media,when I talked about the rapping and what girls face there , I wasnt like fighting or acting like a teenager , No....I was just trying to give a different Image may be taken about ur culture,you see it normal, while the Other doesnt , just the same like You may look at hijab or any Other thing about another culture,,,,,Lastely about being rapped and getting killed .........no One kill his daughter over rapping, in the past some men used to beat their daughter if they had sex before marriage, and by the way the Bible says that the girl should be stonned , and if it was a daughter of a priest , she should be burnt, but till now in south Itali, if the girl had sex out of marriage ,she got killed, and in many places in Africa.

and that has nothing to do with Islam , and in the Islamic country , you cant find that in the Middle east , and by the way the word Islamic , is being got wrongly , first Islam spread in the whoe world , and there is a majority in counteries been called Islamic , but it doesnt applay the islamic laws, like the majority of Christianty in many counteries dont apply it, so there is Islamic country"by majority" all over the world , in Europe , 3 counteries, in Africa over 16 , and in Asia so much over 30, and the counteries that have Muslims but not Majority , is all the world , in America alone 20 thousands annually , so my point things that happens comming back to the traditions , shouldnt be used judged the religions , just the religions teachings are to be discussed..........

Is my point Clear...........:)

Abram Is Muslim

buttercup;1201030 wrote: Wow predudice against a new guy or what? :-2

:D:D:DThank U , u felt the same :D

Abram Is Muslim

Chockygirl;1201034 wrote:

Oh,I apologize if you see it that way,that wasn't my intention at all.

I feel with Mohamed's posts that we have been somewhat bombarded with everything that he perceives as wrong with our cultures and way of life, and I was just trying to ask his opinions of practices that I,either don't understand,or feel to be contentious in the Muslim culture.

:)Its ok friend , it seems that I messed in delivering my point from the begining :)

Abram Is Muslim

buttercup;1201036 wrote: Got a funny way of putting those questions forward :-2

:-5Thats what I try to do :-5 But i think I failed that time :-5

:D

Abram Is Muslim

I have an educational project, I have to travel back to my university , its a lil design and some planning data ,I need to finish,

I wish you will wait On me :) , thank U all.............. It may take me 2 days , but I will do my best to be On from any Net Cafe...............Peace for All ...........Salam.....................................

gmc

Post by gmc »

The bible doesn't cause terrorism-although it records many instances of terror being used.

If you believe in a religion that teaches you to fear god's wrath-be good do as you are told and follow my way or go to hell-then terror and fear is part and parcel of your daily life so it's easier to project it in to others and justify it's use especially when they don't share your particular version of the truth.-if you don't fear my god I will make you fear him through me.

The bible doesn't cause terrorism but it's certainly used to justify it in many cases be it a priest threatening excommunication and the fires of hell to heretics being burned at the stake to save their souls.
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

Abram Is Muslim;1200497 wrote:

No, terrorists cause terrorism. A terrorist could find an excuse to terrorize from reading Alice in Wonderland.
cars

Post by cars »

Samuel;1201539 wrote: No, terrorists cause terrorism. A terrorist could find an excuse to terrorize from reading Alice in Wonderland.
Agree!
Cars :)
gmc

Post by gmc »

Samuel;1201539 wrote: No, terrorists cause terrorism. A terrorist could find an excuse to terrorize from reading Alice in Wonderland.

I doubt you'd find a terrorist claiming alice in wonderland to be the immutable word of god. Maybe it's not the bible that's the problem but belief in it:sneaky:
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

Abram Is Muslim;1200497 wrote:

[QUOTE=gmc;1201586]I doubt you'd find a terrorist claiming alice in wonderland to be the immutable word of god. Maybe it's not the bible that's the problem but belief in it:sneaky:

I see you missed my point.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Samuel;1201602 wrote: [QUOTE=Abram Is Muslim;1200497]

I see you missed my point.

No but you missed mine. The problem is perhaps not the bible but people who believe it is the word of god.
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

gmc;1201644 wrote: [QUOTE=Samuel;1201602]

No but you missed mine. The problem is perhaps not the bible but people who believe it is the word of god.

My point is that even if there were no holy books, there would still be terrorism.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Samuel;1201780 wrote: [QUOTE=gmc;1201644]

My point is that even if there were no holy books, there would still be terrorism.

So there would-indeed the bible is not the only place you can find stories about the deliberate use of terrorism that predate Christianity or islam-or indeed in cultures where neither religion was in existence. At least that terrorism was not justified as doing god's work-for that you need the bible.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

gmc

Post by gmc »

mikeinie;1201785 wrote:

Must be a christian terrorist
Abram Is Muslim

gmc;1201782 wrote: [QUOTE=Samuel;1201780]

So there would-indeed the bible is not the only place you can find stories about the deliberate use of terrorism that predate Christianity or islam-or indeed in cultures where neither religion was in existence. At least that terrorism was not justified as doing god's work-for that you need the bible.

Can we discuss what terrorism means at first......?????

Is any fighting terrorism.......???

Those who wanna define terrorism answer those please ..............

If someOne fighted defending his family..Is he a terrorist...??

If someOne fighted defending his country...Is he a terrorist....??

If someOne fighted defending his freedom..Is he a terrorist...??

The police when he fight the crime , Are the Police men terrorists...??

When the Judge descide to hung a Murder,Or a rapper,...Is he a terroist....??

Answer those then answer those...

Who kill kids , women or aged...Is Terrorist...??

Who kills Civilians , un armed for no reason ...Is a terrorist....??

Ted

Post by Ted »

Any person or event that violates the rights and freedoms of another is a terrorist. Of course in any society there has to be limits on individual freedoms for the protection of the whole of society.

As for capital punishment I consider it to be morally wrong.

Shalom

Ted:-6
Abram Is Muslim

Ted;1202392 wrote: Any person or event that violates the rights and freedoms of another is a terrorist. Of course in any society there has to be limits on individual freedoms for the protection of the whole of society.

As for capital punishment I consider it to be morally wrong.

Shalom

Again what freedom means for u........??

And if u answered my Questions all , it will be more easily to understand:-6

gmc

Post by gmc »

In the modern context

oxford english dictionary

terrorist

• noun a person who uses violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

— DERIVATIVES terrorism noun.

Usually, though not always, when some disadvantaged group feels they have no other way of expressing dissent or gaining change except by violence. It's the resort of the powerless. (or sometimes the powerful although it gets different name then-putting down dissent, crushing a rebellion, war) If no room for political dissent then it manifests itself as religious terrorism . Be it either political terrorists like the basque separatists in spain or the red brigade in germany, the Palestinians-nobody outside cared about them until they started using terrorism to highlight their cause initially they weren't seen as specifically muslim terrorists were they. In Northern Ireland religion and politics were mixed up but the IRA aren't seen as specifically Catholic terrorists any more then the UDA were specifically protestant terrorists yet religion is at the heart of it all.

Terrorist or freedom fuighter depends on which side you see yourself on.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

It is all a matter of perspective….

The United States used what would have been deemed terrorist tactics during their revolution. The Boston Tea Party by today’s standards would have been an act of terrorism.

The list goes on and on, county by country.

‘Nothing comes easy without some kind of fight; you have to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight’
Abram Is Muslim

gmc;1202414 wrote: In the modern context

oxford english dictionary

Usually, though not always, when some disadvantaged group feels they have no other way of expressing dissent or gaining change except by violence. It's the resort of the powerless. (or sometimes the powerful although it gets different name then-putting down dissent, crushing a rebellion, war) If no room for political dissent then it manifests itself as religious terrorism . Be it either political terrorists like the basque separatists in spain or the red brigade in germany, the Palestinians-nobody outside cared about them until they started using terrorism to highlight their cause initially they weren't seen as specifically muslim terrorists were they. In Northern Ireland religion and politics were mixed up but the IRA aren't seen as specifically Catholic terrorists any more then the UDA were specifically protestant terrorists yet religion is at the heart of it all.

Terrorist or freedom fuighter depends on which side you see yourself on.

Great topic really , thank You

But even , when counteries use extreme power against an occupied country , then it deserve to be called a terrorist country.......

And America cant deny its termination of complete nations , like the native indians in America,Japan it self, and after Vitname, Iraq, and Afghanistan..

My Question can we call the nations as terrorists , or only their goverments, but what if all the elected goverments by a nation followed the same terrorist line..??

Abram Is Muslim

mikeinie;1202418 wrote: It is all a matter of perspective….

The United States used what would have been deemed terrorist tactics during their revolution. The Boston Tea Party by today’s standards would have been an act of terrorism.

The list goes on and on, county by country.

‘Nothing comes easy without some kind of fight; you have to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight’

The problem is, are you kicking the right target, Or missing ur target

mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Good questions, but when these ‘freedom fighter’ ‘terrorists ‘ what every you want to call it, hide in among civilians, dress as civilians, attack in populated areas killing more of their own people in the justification of killing a few of their ‘enemy’ then it is hard to fight back without also killing the innocent.

War has no logic; war is not compassionate, kind or forgiving. War is not based on the values of love, tolerance or forgiveness. In war all are the enemy, it is only victor in their documenting of history who determines who is the ‘good guy’.

You cannot apply understanding or morality to war, sure you can try to implement ‘rules of engagement’ to limit some of the horrific abuses that can happen during war, but often these things happen anyway and are only found out through the freedom of the media.

War is based on greed, fear or beliefs and the lack of tolerance of others beliefs.

As long as man has ruled the world there has been war, conflict, racism, intolerance. If it not countries fighting other countries, it is religions fighting other religions.

Imagine there's no Heaven

It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us only sky

Imagine all the people

Living for today

Imagine there's no countries

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion too

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions

I wonder if you can

No need for greed or hunger

A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people

Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will live as one
gmc

Post by gmc »

Abram Is Muslim;1202420 wrote: Great topic really , thank You

But even , when counteries use extreme power against an occupied country , then it deserve to be called a terrorist country.......

And America cant deny its termination of complete nations , like the native indians in America,Japan it self, and after Vitname, Iraq, and Afghanistan..

My Question can we call the nations as terrorists , or only their goverments, but what if all the elected goverments by a nation followed the same terrorist line..??

That's why I said in a modern context. English is a fluid language with connotations of words varying with the times.

The allies in ww2 used terror tactics against german and japanese civilians in their strategic bombing campaigns quite deliberately and without apology-it was wartime after all and they started it. Germany and japan both did the same to their enemies.

Empires and nations of all kinds have always used terror of one kind or another to either acquire the empire or keep their subjects quiet. Saddam wasn't the first to use chemical weapons on the kurds the british were. It's only now we look back and see those kind of actions as the deliberate use of terror and disapprove. It's only in hindsight we look back and second guess what was done in our name and it seems dreadful to us.

posted by Abram Is Muslim

Great topic really , thank You

The arabs and other Muslims weren't averse to using a bit of terror themselves in their conquests-how about the turkish treatment of the armenians during ww1 for instance.

We can all stand and point fingers at each other, nation can match nation in atrocity, terror can match terror. There is no such thing as a just war there is just war. Iran and Iraq weren't averse to using terror if it seemed a good idea-you could argue the saudi's use terror to keep the royal family on the throne the iranian regime uses terror to try and keep the lid on dissent- there are different degrees of terror all designed to instil fear and make people comply with what you want and a terrorist act isn't necessarily just blowing somebody up.

Never mind the past The question is what do we do now? I think it is a truism that if you don't know the past you are doomed to make the same mistakes. It's also a truism IMO that if you dwell on past injustices you never get beyond them.
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

Abram Is Muslim;1202413 wrote: Again what freedom means for u........??

And if u answered my Questions all , it will be more easily to understand:-6

Terrorism is the deliberate targeting of civilians. Like Muslims who go into markets and cafes and blow themselves up and kill innocent men, women and children.
Abram Is Muslim

Samuel;1202461 wrote: Terrorism is the deliberate targeting of civilians. Like Muslims who go into markets and cafes and blow themselves up and kill innocent men, women and children.

What about the Christians bombing Muslims civlians in Afghanistan , what about America,Christian America, bombing a complete nation with nuclear weapon, what about Christian Hitlar, with his cross,burning the Jews, what about the Christians killing in Lebanon about 2000 Muslims, in One night, what about Christian Serbia killing thousands of Muslims in Bousina and Kosovo, what about what about...........!!!!!!

My point lets define terrorist and make a common defination,, then lets discuss its reasons , after we agree about the defination ,it self.

Samuel

Post by Samuel »

Abram Is Muslim;1202493 wrote: What about the Christians bombing Muslims civlians in Afghanistan , what about America,Christian America, bombing a complete nation with nuclear weapon, what about Christian Hitlar, with his cross,burning the Jews, what about the Christians killing in Lebanon about 2000 Muslims, in One night, what about Christian Serbia killing thousands of Muslims in Bousina and Kosovo, what about what about...........!!!!!!

My point lets define terrorist and make a common defination,, then lets discuss its reasons , after we agree about the defination ,it self.

Civilian deaths when countries are at war is not terrorism. Terrorism is the deliberate targeting of civilians.
Abram Is Muslim

Samuel;1202524 wrote: Civilian deaths when countries are at war is not terrorism. Terrorism is the deliberate targeting of civilians.

Bombing civilians with nuclear weapons isnt terrorism..................!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Anyways , may be thats your background , mine isnt like that at all, and if a Muslim kill any civilian in war , Im glad to call him a terrorist.

Narrated By ‘Abdullah : During One of the Bettels, a woman was found killed. Allah’s Apostle disapproved the killing of women and children.

I advise you ten things| Do not kill women or children or an aged, infirm person. Do not cut down fruit-bearing trees. Do not destroy an inhabited place. Do not slaughter sheep or camels except for food. Do not burn bees and do not scatter them. Do not steal from the booty, and do not be cowardly.”

So I still say killing civilans in wars is terrorism,Occuping the others, to steal their economic resources causing the death of over one million and half is terrorism:confused: :confused:

Ted

Post by Ted »

Abram:-6

Then how are we to respond to the likes of Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot etc.?

Shalom

gmc

Post by gmc »

Samuel;1202524 wrote: Civilian deaths when countries are at war is not terrorism. Terrorism is the deliberate targeting of civilians.

I'm sure the people at the receiving end are grateful for the distinction. In ww2 both sides deliberately targeted civilians with the unapologetic expressed intent of terrorising them in to submission.

Nowadays we use the word terrorist to mean someone using terror try and get their own way on a small scale. One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.

It's warfare by other means however you care to dress it up. Truth and morality are always the first casualties in war.
Abram Is Muslim

gmc;1202692 wrote: I'm sure the people at the receiving end are grateful for the distinction. In ww2 both sides deliberately targeted civilians with the unapologetic expressed intent of terrorising them in to submission.

Nowadays we use the word terrorist to mean someone using terror try and get their own way on a small scale. One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.

It's warfare by other means however you care to dress it up. Truth and morality are always the first casualties in war.

I agree completely

cigar898

Post by cigar898 »

Abram is Muslim -

Books don't cause terrorism (when was the last time a book attacked you?) whether they be the Koran or the Bible or whatever Scientology uses (I honestly don't know)......people cause terrorism and use religion/race/ethnicity or whatever feeds their cause as an excuse. Those kind of people will use any sort of language and twist it around to fit their needs. Now I'm not saying that you are a terrorist but you pulled specific passages of the Bible to start this thread. I could do the same thing with the Koran.

Peace be with you
Those who made the ultimate sacrifice thought YOU were worth dying for. Remember THEM

I'm Pro-Life, Pro-Gun, Christian, and a proud Veteran. Therefore, my government has labeled me a "right-wing extremist", a militia member, and a possible domestic terrorist

Return to “Christianity”