My today's thought thread.

Discuss the Christian Faith.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I am sure you mother was wonderful. Just remember......we moms are not perfect. Don't put us up on some kind of pedestal...........a pedestal is a lonely place. We are human and have all the human imperfections just like everyone else. A good mom loves her family and does everything she can for them, but when it is time to let them go, she must do that as well. The many things she does for her family are just part of her daily life............like breathing. :)

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Hoss;968447 wrote: Not an everyday thread, since I know I can't write on it everyday, but on the days I write something here it's that 'today' thread!

Today’s reading: Psalm 31, 61, 91, 121. Proverbs 31.

My thoughts are consuming me today, I have many things on my mind and I’m trying to filter through them. I have chores that need to be done and kept up with daily around the ranch, I have church this morning, and the trucks to send off, two down two to go, I’m drinking coffee now, where I didn’t used to do that before. Now I know why dad drinks it. I went to bed past midnight and woke before 5am. I’m tired. I miss my family, I can’t do all the things they do the way the do it and its frustrating me to no end. On the praise side, God helped me to pass my tests and I did well, so I know I studied the right amount of time for that, but neglected some chores in the process that set me behind for this week. It’s a new week; I’ll go worship the Lord and start it with praise and adoration of my savior. My prayer today is for patience and self control and to be lost in the songs at church today so I can just worship my God and he will give me the strength to figure the rest out.

Proverbs caught my heart today… My mother is an angel; there is no doubt in my mind. 31:10-Who can find a virtuous woman? Her price is far above rubies. I walk in the house and see that as best as I can clean the kitchen it is not the clean she cleans with. I don’t know what it is, or why. I use the same cleaners, the same rags, the same method. I wash and polish and clean the dishes, wipe down the counters, and cupboards, the stove top and keep all my dishes stacked in the right order under the stove. But it’s just not the same. How mothers do this is just amazing. I’m learning that it takes a dedication that is far beyond anything that I can understand right now. I’ll park that one right there. I also miss my dad and he was mentioned in verse 23. ‘He is known in the gates’ everywhere I go people ask me if I my fathers son. I have so much to live up to under him, it’s overwhelming at times. But dad never makes me feel like I have to be like him in personality, just that I need to be an honorable man. That I can do with the Lords help. Thank the Lord. Trying to find my own way, in my own personality, is like trying to find a nut in a mud puddle. Lord help me.

Verse for today: Proverbs 31:28 Praise for my mother. I intend to find five mothers at church today that are like my mom and give them a hug and call them blessed. Those are the type of woman I will seek and marry.

My Prayer for today: Safety for my dad and his teammates, blessings and encouragement to my mom, special happy birthday blessing to my Uncle Ray. Strength to run the race well.Thankyou for making the above post such a joy to read.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

How sweet to tell the ladies at church that, they will love you even more for that act of kindness. :)
Odie

Post by Odie »

Hoss;968447 wrote: Not an everyday thread, since I know I can't write on it everyday, but on the days I write something here it's that 'today' thread!

Today’s reading: Psalm 31, 61, 91, 121. Proverbs 31.

My thoughts are consuming me today, I have many things on my mind and I’m trying to filter through them. I have chores that need to be done and kept up with daily around the ranch, I have church this morning, and the trucks to send off, two down two to go, I’m drinking coffee now, where I didn’t used to do that before. Now I know why dad drinks it. I went to bed past midnight and woke before 5am. I’m tired. I miss my family, I can’t do all the things they do the way the do it and its frustrating me to no end. On the praise side, God helped me to pass my tests and I did well, so I know I studied the right amount of time for that, but neglected some chores in the process that set me behind for this week. It’s a new week; I’ll go worship the Lord and start it with praise and adoration of my savior. My prayer today is for patience and self control and to be lost in the songs at church today so I can just worship my God and he will give me the strength to figure the rest out.

Proverbs caught my heart today… My mother is an angel; there is no doubt in my mind. 31:10-Who can find a virtuous woman? Her price is far above rubies. I walk in the house and see that as best as I can clean the kitchen it is not the clean she cleans with. I don’t know what it is, or why. I use the same cleaners, the same rags, the same method. I wash and polish and clean the dishes, wipe down the counters, and cupboards, the stove top and keep all my dishes stacked in the right order under the stove. But it’s just not the same. How mothers do this is just amazing. I’m learning that it takes a dedication that is far beyond anything that I can understand right now. I’ll park that one right there. I also miss my dad and he was mentioned in verse 23. ‘He is known in the gates’ everywhere I go people ask me if I my fathers son. I have so much to live up to under him, it’s overwhelming at times. But dad never makes me feel like I have to be like him in personality, just that I need to be an honorable man. That I can do with the Lords help. Thank the Lord. Trying to find my own way, in my own personality, is like trying to find a nut in a mud puddle. Lord help me.

Verse for today: Proverbs 31:28 Praise for my mother. I intend to find five mothers at church today that are like my mom and give them a hug and call them blessed. Those are the type of woman I will seek and marry.

My Prayer for today: Safety for my dad and his teammates, blessings and encouragement to my mom, special happy birthday blessing to my Uncle Ray. Strength to run the race well.

you are a good man, you should be proud!

when thoughts are overwhelming and so many things to be done, stength will always get you through!
Life is just to short for drama.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Ps. 1:1 I think is you in the making, it is a powerful beginning to 150 wonderful gems of wisdom.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hello Hoss:-6

Why don't you go to a site that Spiritmind recommended for relaxing.

Meditation and yoga are good for your spirit.....helps you focus and lulls you to sleep also...try it:p

Official site of Mantra Mom I Mantras for my children and yours I Sanskrit Mantras | Mantra Mom

Return to “Christianity”