What are you known for? And who/what does it point to?

Discuss the Christian Faith.
Redtail

Post by Redtail »

Jester;861897 wrote:

To my point now...

Actions speak louder than words, our outer actions point to our inner motivations, our inner motivations point to the root of why and how we think in our hearts and minds.

What actions are you known for? What motivates your actions? And who or what ideology does your motivation seek to embrace by your actions?

I'm not comfortable discussing my assets, although God wants me to recognize them as much as I recognize my character defects (flaws) But I'll make a go of it here............

My heart loves to laugh..........my inner motivations are to laugh and enjoy life and I'm known for seeing the best of a situation and bringing it out to the person who is feeling down and unable to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I live with my glass half full, and spread that feeling to everyone I come upon. Cashiers who appear to be having a miserable day, I make it my business to tell them "this too shall pass" and give them a little laugh or two b4 heading out the door.

I also point out miracles that I see on a daily basis to people. So many people use the word "coincidence" when I give God the glory and praise when something wonderful and amazing has happened. I'm not shy to tell someone who is struggling with what to do about something, or what someone thinks of them "it's between you and God and nobody elses business, just do whats right and in your heart"

So I guess I can say I bring laughter and smiles to people, people I know and people I don't. Being friendly, kind, courteous, funny, apathetic..........that's what I'm hoping I am known for.
watermark

Post by watermark »

I suppose I'm supported in my value system by the notion of the love of God-- for each and every soul that walks on earth. Though I can forget almost everyone even as I feel this drive if I'm feeling blase and apathetic and selfish.

There are many sides of me that often operate as separate individuals. The best and most effective actions I've accomplished in my life actions have been motivated by good thoughts and energy within, usually because of my ties to humanity in fact, not for me as a single person. I've become a more conscientious person over the years. It used to be that others didn't fit into my life equation, but I see things differently now and I think more before taking action, which allows my compassionate side to win out. Consider that! thinking allows my compassion to dictate my action!

I can be most effective at getting things done when I put everything I feel into it, though most days I want to hide myself. Sometimes I feel too many people are starving for their own personal embassador and I'm really an easy target, because I can be so persuasive at times when needed. That's probably due to my innate arrogance that most people are rather dull and diffused in their goals and I'm especially above that. :rolleyes:
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Funnily enough, I've just had to get a feedback assessment of how I'm seen by others in the department.

I am, apparently, known for my willingness to pass on information and help people to understand how the system works, for being able to defuse a tense meeting (usually with an irreverent comment), for taking on more work than there are hours in the day but delivering the goods where necessary.

From my point of view, I pride myself in honesty and doing my job well but I need to improve my time management as I get irritable when under severe time pressure.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

People know me to be intelligent and to know a little bit about a lot of different things. I am often told by my friends that I'm not living up to my potential. They're right and it's due to laziness and apathy on my part.

I'm known to be giving and helpful. I'll go out of my way to help a stranger in the market who can't find something they need. If someone needs help and I can be useful then I try to help them however I can. I also like to give. I enjoy giving gifts to people for no special reason. I've been known to take off my earrings and hand them over to a person who compliments me on them. My motivation is that it gives me more enjoyment than wearing them myself. I think we're here to help others when we can in whatever ways we are able to. It just makes the world go around.

People know me to side with the underdog. I have been this way all my life. Even if the underdog is someone I don't like, if they're being treated unfairly or need help, I'm there. I think this comes from my having always been an underdog myself and also from my mother who was raised with an incredible sense of fairness that she taught to me by example.

The last one probably could go unsaid, but I'm known for always defending animals. Known for my love of them. My reasoning is that animals always get the short end of the stick and they need help. Humans think they're here for our use and that they're "just" animals. I know better. I may be unsure of a lot of things in life, but when it comes to animals, I don't back down. Again, it's the underdog factor. That and the idea that kindness doesn't stop with humans.
minks

Post by minks »

I think I would be embarassed to put down what I suspect I am known for at work hmmmm

Ok in real life, I am known for my semse of humor, my kind heart, and my quick temper...
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Jester;862790 wrote: And your motivation for doing so? :)

I work to support my family.

If I have to work (which I do) then I will do my all to do it well - up to the point at which it starts to interfere with my life and that of my family.
BarEdul

Post by BarEdul »

I am known for my story writing and my jewelry making, and sometimes my overly soft heart (don't tell anybody about the soft heart)
Phoenix789

Post by Phoenix789 »

I'm generally known for being quite dependable if somewhat outlandish in my ideas, loud, a bit random and a bit of a laugh. I guess it depends who you talk to as we can all fit into many boxes depending on the situation...
Dewey2Me1MoThyme

Post by Dewey2Me1MoThyme »

After reading many of RedGlitters posts, and especially this one, I could just simply say "refer to ..." But that would be cheating, but we dew have a lot in common.

Basically I am known for helping others, but it seems the mo I dew for someone, the mo I get walked on. I'm also known for being a very good worker, and taking pride in what I dew (as you can tell by my motto below). I'm known for going out of my way to help even strangers or people I have just met. Example: At one of my previous jobs, I had a young lad working under me, I noticed he looked tired and dead in the eyes. I asked if he was ok, to which he replied that he had not eaten in over a week because of an over tight budget. The 2 weeks previous to that I had not eaten at all dew to a financial situation brought on by a divorce. In stead of just saying "I know what you are going thru" I did what I felt was right. After work that evening I loaded his bicycle into my cars trunk, went to my 2nd job site to pick up my paycheck, then drove him to the grocery store where we spent all but $12 on food for him. When the cashier tried to give me my change, I told her it was his. I tried not to embarrasss him by letting anyone know what I had done. A couple or three weeks later my kids and family thru a going away party for me as I was moving here to indiana. When they invited the lad I worked with it went something like this ... we're throwing a going away party for Dad, can you come"? His reply "Oh I'm going to be busy" They had not even gave him the date and thyme yet. Did I give him the money so I would be rewarded? NO! but by the same token, I expected him to at least say "when is the party, i'll try and be there"?

Another example, I'll keep it short, I rewired a friends house recently, 120 degrees in the attic where the wires had to be run, went back out and fixed her furnace and AC unti, built her a 10 X16 foot shed. When I asked her to help me take out my kitchen cabinets her reply was "I'll give you 2 hours of my thyme">

It just seems that the mo I dew, the less people respect me, but yet I keep on giving. Or did, I've decided in the last 2 months that it sux. So I have no idea what I'll be remembered for, just that instead of a headstone, I want stepping stones that read, you walked all over me when alive, go for it! Reminds me of a bluegrass gospel song, "Who will say one prayer for me" about a man who sang at friends funerals, but when his thyme comes, he wonders if anyone will take thyme to sing for him. I look forward to the end, they say you are never appreciated fully until your gone. So when I go, I hope no one will be 2 faced enuff to say he was a good guy, a hard worker, I hope they just think about all the thymes they walked on me but could never remember me when I needed them!

Dew

"Anything worht dewing is worth dewing well"
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Jester- thank you kindly. :-6

Dew- I've been in that spot too. Keep giving. Don't let those people who take you for granted stop your kindness. They'll go the way of the wind eventually but you'll come across people who are real and who appreciate your help. Good will come back to you. :-6
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Know for my quick wit and sense of humor, nothing better then making people laugh. Also know for my loyality, honesty, and desire to do the right thing most of the time where people are concerned. I'm the oldest person at work and the young people are always amazed and my ability to keep pace with them and match their knowledge (well most days I can keep up, some days my age catches up with me) :wah:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Return to “Christianity”