Why don't more Christians defend Rev Wright?

Discuss the Christian Faith.
xyz

Post by xyz »

gmc;856759 wrote: I haven't a clue who reverent wright is
Izzat so.
gmc

Post by gmc »

xyz;856775 wrote: Izzat so.

Yes, the thread piqued my curiosity but if you can't be bothered in talking to a foreigner then fair enough. It's your loss not mine. Many of your politicians are completely unknown outside the US.

Any relation to abc?:D
xyz

Post by xyz »

gmc;856797 wrote: Yes, the thread piqued my curiosity
Or maybe your reverence.
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

I grew up in a Southern Baptist church, in the Bible belt. I'd have to say, that these churches were the most racist, paranoid churches I have ever seen.... and I've been to many.

Southern Baptists have the distinction of being segregated. Once a black family showed up, and were actually asked to leave... later they were accused when something was missing. One Sunday school teacher taught that the curse on Cain or Noah's sons was "blackness." As far as paranoia, the church believed that we were near the end times, and the government was conspiring to give everyone the "mark" of the beast. These churches still operate, and are just as paranoid as ever, although less overtly racist, despite being filled with the same people I remember years ago who were overtly racist.

My point: Bill Clinton was raised in a Southern Baptist Church as well, but this was never an issue. No one bothered digging up sermons from his preachers. Maybe because he's white? It's strikingly hypocritical to me, that Rev Wright's comments would even be an issue, when candidates trip over themselves to get endorsements from White Southern Baptists churches, which are ever bit as racist and paranoid (or more) than Wright.

American voters won't elect a person who's not a member of a church, which creates a catch-22 for anyone wanting to get elected. They must join a nutty little club, only to have their nutty little club scrutinized, if voters need a more respectable reason to bolster our initial rejection of a person as a candidate. Why don't we just create a set of wacky laws that can be selectively enforced?

I'd sure as hell not want voters to dig up comments my former pastors/Sunday school teachers have made. Of course, I'm not religious now, so it's safe to say, I'm not electable anyway. American voters are still generally too bigoted to vote for a non-religious person as president. Although they don't like bigotry when they hear it from others ... go figure :)

Overall though, I'm more tolerant of racist/paranoid statements coming from a person who has been target of past discrimination that would warrant such sentiment. I of course don't think the government created HIV, although I do believe that Reagan created policies (or rather didn't do anything) that exacerbated the issue... and helped it grow into the problem it is today. Reagan seemed to care very little about the issue when it seemed to only be affecting gay people. Some "neoconservative" government policies have the feel of social darwinism to me ... in that the problem is ignored intentionally with the hope that it will metastasize and kill itself off. Reagan's policy towards lower income earners was simply "***** 'em."

Sure, Wright is a little off the deep end, but so what? What preacher isn't half nuts? I don't think it's very Christian to judge a person only by the worst things they say and do ... instead, if people actually were Christians, they wouldn't judge him at all. :)
xyz

Post by xyz »

yaaarrrgg;856896 wrote: if people actually were Christians, they wouldn't judge him at all. :)
That's a bit of devil's talk. Christians make judgments all day, every day, and the devil wishes they wouldn't. They don't judge with a superior attitude, no, because they know that their own sins have in effect been forgiven only because they repented of them. For instance, Christians make judgement as to who is to be accepted as a fellow Christian, and who isn't. People who call themselves 'Rev.' don't even get nominated.
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

xyz;856910 wrote: That's a bit of devil's talk. Christians make judgments all day, every day, and the devil wishes they wouldn't. They don't judge with a superior attitude, no, because they know that their own sins have in effect been forgiven only because they repented of them. For instance, Christians make judgement as to who is to be accepted as a fellow Christian, and who isn't. People who call themselves 'Rev.' don't even get nominated.

The Bible is full of devil's talk :)

Matthew 7:1-3 wrote:

1Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged,

and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye

and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

xyz

Post by xyz »

yaaarrrgg;856969 wrote: The Bible is full of devil's talk :)
'Do not find fault.'

When you want a decent translation, ask me.
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Aren't Christians "finding fault" with Wright? I don't see how changing the words helps...

If people *compared* Wright to other religious leaders, I doubt he said any worse things than anyone else. Billy Graham told Nixon that Jews were destroying this country, and they didn't know how he really felt about them.
xyz

Post by xyz »

rjwould;857007 wrote: I guess the holy spirit has done a lousy job of passing down the proper translation until it got to you, huh?
I'm sure this rendition has got to thousands of translators, but which of them has had the guts to say so? Which of them will remove the protection of the vile?

If the king james version is not the proper translation
Oh dear! :wah:
xyz

Post by xyz »

yaaarrrgg;857014 wrote: Aren't Christians "finding fault" with Wright?
Read the whole post, and cut out the misrepresentation.
G-man

Post by G-man »

I was gonna' say because some of us don't know who he is, but now I recall he's that one nutjob... :wah:

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

xyz;857021 wrote: Read the whole post, and cut out the misrepresentation.

What have I misrepresented?
xyz

Post by xyz »

yaaarrrgg;857033 wrote: What have I misrepresented?
;)

Ted

Post by Ted »

Once again xyz doesn't answer questions. All of these wonderful claims but no answers.

Shalom

Ted:-6
xyz

Post by xyz »

Ted;857064 wrote: Once again xyz doesn't answer questions.
And what is it that Ted wants to know?
Ted

Post by Ted »

xyz:-6

You have been asked lots of questions since you came on the forum and yet have answered few to none. You keep making all of these wonderful claims but give no supporting evidence you do you respond the questions.

I've asked a few and others have as well.

Where do you think your authority to judge comes from?

What is the best translation of the Bible?

What indeed has yarg misrepresented?

I could go back through and give the rest but until you start responding to those questions it would be a waste of my time.

Shalom

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

yaaarrrgg;856896 wrote: ...........

My point: Bill Clinton was raised in a Southern Baptist Church as well, but this was never an issue. No one bothered digging up sermons from his preachers. Maybe because he's white? It's strikingly hypocritical to me, that Rev Wright's comments would even be an issue, when candidates trip over themselves to get endorsements from White Southern Baptists churches, which are ever bit as racist and paranoid (or more) than Wright.

Sure, Wright is a little off the deep end, but so what? What preacher isn't half nuts? I don't think it's very Christian to judge a person only by the worst things they say and do ... instead, if people actually were Christians, they wouldn't judge him at all. :)

To address your point: So far as I am aware Bill Clinton hasn't written any booked titled with the preachings of his pastors. If he had I'm sure he would have been accused of sleeping with that pastor by now.:D In any case, he had enough other baggage to be torn to shreds on.

JFK was crucified for being catholic. Jimmy Carter was nailed for being 'born again' ....both survived just fine. Obama is NOT being nailed because of his faith. He's being nailed because of who he considers an acceptable mentor for both himself and apparently, his kids.

Since it's not a question of Christianity, I don't see any need for Christians or anyone else to defend crap just because the mouth it came from sat at the pulpit while spewing it. Being black, white, Christian or non Christian -is not an out, justification, mitigating point or anything else. The best sign with regards to race relations in the US at the moment is that the African American community is not out in force defending this crap. Some stuff has to be beyond what is acceptable - to all of us.

I have no more difficulty calling this man an idiot then I do the idiots that parade around in hoods.

In neither case should we allow the message to be cloaked in 'supposed faith'.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

xyz

Post by xyz »

Ted;857138 wrote: xyz:-6

You have been asked lots of questions since you came on the forum and yet have answered few to none.
Garbage, Ted. I just put your nose out of joint at an early point, and you are still hopping mad.

Where do you think your authority to judge comes from?
Mt 16:18. What do you know?

What is the best translation of the Bible?
Mine, obviously. :-5

What indeed has yarg misrepresented?
Don't be silly, he was joking.
Ted

Post by Ted »

xyz:-6

Mad? LOL

Matt. 16:18 are not the words of Jesus but the words of the early church put into the mouth of Jesus. Ehrman, Borg, Crossan. Recognized scholars.

Yours? Now that is funny. Thousands of scholars have all been wrong!

Carry on with your jokes. LOL

Shalom

xyz

Post by xyz »

Ted;857231 wrote: Matt. 16:18 are not the words of Jesus but the words of the early church put into the mouth of Jesus. Ehrman, Borg, Crossan. Recognized scholars.
Scholars! :wah: Now that's a good 'un. They're not worth a carrot, all three, and lots more besides.

Anyway, are you so bereft of your own scholarship that you think that Mt 16:18 is the only way to answer to the same effect?

Thousands of scholars have all been wrong!
They haven't. They have been absolutely spot-on correct. You can tell that because the only times they make 'mistakes' is when it suits the theology of the god of this world.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Jesus Mary and Joseph Anyways!!

could you guys please take this off to a new thread and delete your extraneous crap from this one?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I am impressed! :-6:-6 Holy Cow!

The devil wishes we wouldn't judge him?

Now we're playing,,,,,,,,,,,,C'mon:-5

GMC,,,,,,,,,,Yaarg-----Bringing the light is not always popular! Good Show:-6

They had to bring it out in a hurry,,, The nomination is at hand,, and it wasn't looking good for corporate America,, in their eyes....

The media didn't care about investigating because its purpose was short term.

They only intended it to throw doubt at the white Americans trying to vote at that time,,,,,, they know how people assume they understand something before they truly see all the facts... effecting an election with a spin of the truth is politics in America,,, leaving out bits of info that cast shadows on their agenda...

The best arguement against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average American voter............Winston Churchill

It's time the American voters change this,, and change doesn't come easy..:-2

I believe if people would step back and give this Rev Wright issue the examination it deserves,, the most damaging facts will not be from Rev Wright..

They will see the motives of those trying to slide an agenda right past their nose.

It makes me wonder what the Christians truly believe in this country,, I love!:-1
xyz

Post by xyz »

DrJ;857313 wrote: Holy Cow!
Wrong forum.

Does the burglar switch the lights on?
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

:Drjwould;857310 wrote: I may have missed something, but as I remember, Obama clearly stated a few days ago during an interview that he does not regard Wright as a mentor. Perhaps someplace in his book he stated something different. I believe my wife has read his (Obama's) book, I'll ask if she recalls when she gets home.

But lets say he did. Is it okay for a presidential candidate to change his/her mind about something like that?

I don't think Wright is doing anything but acting like a religious zealot. Theres no question he doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but what religious fanatic does?

I'm not suggesting all religious people are fanatics incidentally.

I'm not saying anyone is justified or not in questioning his views or associations with Wright. I'm saying the beef is NOT about his religion and so there is no call for a religious community defense of anything the idiot said.

Obamas lack of history - good, bad or indifferent - limits what he can be scrutinized on, something your other candidates probably wish they could suffer from as well sometimes...:D

But the further he gets -the more they will attempt to dissect him and be the one to find the newest and best crap on him. This current crap is nothing, IMO. It's only gonna get worse. I won't judge him on what they dig up, so much as I will on how he handles it..:thinking:

gmc

Post by gmc »

DrJ;857313 wrote:

The best arguement against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average American voter............Winston Churchill

:-1

Oi! He didn't say that it was The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. Get your own famous statesmen to paraphrase

on the other hand he did say You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.

DrJ

Post by DrJ »

:wah::wah:

Holy Cow!

Wrong forum.

Quote:

Does the burglar switch the lights on?:sneaky:

I believe the Devil can quote scripture word for word,,

Some people find it a struggle not to think he/she wrote some of it..

Judging another is the easiest thing we seem to do in life,, I'm afraid the devils hasn't anything to do with it,,,,,,,,,,,,,The responsibility is on us!

A sense of humor is a sure sign of intelligence,,, :-2

So I see the facts are attainable,, at least!:driving:
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Since it's not a question of Christianity, I don't see any need for Christians or anyone else to defend crap just because the mouth it came from sat at the pulpit while spewing it. Being black, white, Christian or non Christian -is not an out, justification, mitigating point or anything else. The best sign with regards to race relations in the US at the moment is that the African American community is not out in force defending this crap. Some stuff has to be beyond what is acceptable - to all of us. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Flopstock

Nazi Germany didn't mature in a day,, there was a progression,,

People found reasons to ignore it,,,, I believe we should as as Americans,, at least be annoyed,, not to mention as Christian,, as we claim anyway..

Doesn't anyone see the Christian message in the sermon that brought all this on?

GD America,, Chickens roosting,, were quotes used from an American Ambassador.

We tell our children,, Be nice,, if that is what they expect in return...

If you don't be nice,,, then don't be surprised when it comes back....that way:-2

I guess because of our surprise when we were attacked,,The people of America,

thinking,,,Why would they attack us for no reason?

The answer some come up with was,,,their just jealous! of our freedoms!:-3

I guess the perspective of an outsider is needed,, for us to see!

The black people of this country,,may understand us,, more so than we understand them,,,as far as why they aren't defending "this crap"...
xyz

Post by xyz »

DrJ;857343 wrote: Judging another is the easiest thing we seem to do in life
It's the only thing we have to do.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

xyz;857374 wrote: It's the only thing we have to do.
Unless you are Gandhi or JHC, I've yet to hear of the person that's been completely unable to judge everyone else. And I personally think Gandhi behaved so non judgmentally just to get a rise out of his enimies... but that's a personal judgment of mine...:p

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

rjwould;857379 wrote: Thats twice.......Have you ever heard of Goodwin's Law?

Isn't that the law that says I can mark down another victory in an argument...??:p:wah:

That's the way I always understood it...:D

DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Ty for the heads up on the Goodwin,,,I am amazed,, I have to say!:lips:

But I see this in a lot threads,,, The bigotry filter!

I am comparing present day with history in that comment,,,,

I guess when we try to introduce history to a subject as to something to learn from,, we lose!!!!

I see the problem,,,now,,, ty berry berry much,,,:wah:

I haven't started name callin' yet!:sneaky:
xyz

Post by xyz »

flopstock;857380 wrote: Unless you are Gandhi or JHC, I've yet to hear of the person that's been completely unable to judge everyone else. And I personally think Gandhi behaved so non judgmentally just to get a rise out of his enimies... but that's a personal judgment of mine...:p

:)

DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I'm not trying to make anyone feel guilty about not defending a poor defenseless Black Christian man in a White dominated land of Christians,, who believe they understand the woes of a man nailed,,, and crowned king of the Jews,, but refuse to stand up against a main stream media mistake!

I'm only saying,, assuming you know someone from the clips on the American media,, is a show of an awareness that still needs growth..

What the light brings,, is understanding,, and as understanding comes, fear fades.

We all are,, after all,, a work in progress........

So don't feel bad for being wrong! We all have to accept it sooner or later!

So just relax,, take a breath,, and realize guilt fits,,, if fear exists...

Open your eyes,, the light is all around you,, pale face!:wah:

The truth only hurts when we fight it!:-6:-6
Ted

Post by Ted »

There is a very big difference between defending a human being named Wright and defending comments with which one might agree or disagree. The Rev. Wright is entitled to all the respect and dignity that any human being is entitled to.

Shalom

DrJ

Post by DrJ »

My point exactly!

The sad thing is,, the reaction is nothing new to Black America....:(
Ted

Post by Ted »

DrJ:-6

I like the idea of "Never judge a man (woman) until you've walked a mile in his/her moccasins.

Shalom

DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Here's how nieve I was before I witnessed a public attack by the paranoid white right wing, I always thought the religion of Islam was a waste of a belief,, because of what I heard out of Iraq,, the complicated sunni/shia situation seemed so mixed up,, I thought to myself, no wonder these people live like they're back in the stone age, they can't even agree on how they believe in Allah!

Yes,, I was judging them,, guilty as charged.. I mean after the" Bush media",,

I'll call them,,, (hear/see/speak no evil) told us all the 9/11 attacks were from the muslim world,, and basically put the whole country on a religious lookout for all people who claimed Islam to be their belief, well,, I was lookin' out man...

When I look back on it,, I feel like I should have seen something bad wrong with Christianity back then,, but at the time I just aimed it at Islam...

I remember writing about how there must be something wrong with a belief system that can be prejudged that far off the mark by those inside it...

I mean,, could it be possible that the Christian population, hasn't learned anything about Christ, and what he actually might of had to go through to stand on his beliefs,, in the face of the mainstream understanding,, and then again in the face of an empire,, I mean,, how easy would it have been for him to tell Pilate,

hey look man,, these fricken Jews out here are crazy,, let me go!

Now take into account,, this if you believe the story that has been written..

Now lets take a look at the right wing of the Christian Religion,, who have seemed to have hijacked the followers of a religion based on patience/love and tolerance,,, Can you see how narrow minded these people have become,, as time has gone by,, since 9/11? How less tolerant we all seem to be?

I never would have put it together if they would have stayed out of church,, with this new,, hey your not like me,, therefore you must be wrong attitude..

If the media wouldn't have started playing an end game after the damage had been done,, as if they were searching for ways to justify it..

I'll tell you all now,, there is a truth in all this,, that the light has not shined on.

I'd like to know why the religious scholars of our time are not speaking up..

My only thought as to why they wouldn't,, is that religion itself, has become such a buisness,, that the politics of the day decide what side of the fence they support. Maybe they have been bought,, go along to get along..

The church has actually become a corporation,, and the spiritual side has taken a backseat to the all mighty purse strings of its followers, especially its rich followers,, its very wealthy supporters decide how they teach the word.

Are we the same now ,, as the Jews were then?

Is the Christian religion tied to America,, as the jewish religion was tied to Rome back in the days of Christ? :-1 Could it happen again?:-1

The truth is coming!
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by drJ

Are we the same now ,, as the Jews were then?

Is the Christian religion tied to America,, as the jewish religion was tied to Rome back in the days of Christ? Could it happen again?

Please reassure. You do know the romans weren't jewish don't you?
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;857509 wrote: What the light brings,, is understanding,, and as understanding comes, fear fades.

We all are,, after all,, a work in progress........

So don't feel bad for being wrong! We all have to accept it sooner or later!"The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. The government lied."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright, April 13, 2003
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I refer to Christian/ American Government,,,Jew/Roman Empire,,

In the days of Christ,, there were no Christians, in fact Christ wasn't on the side of religion at all,, I believe his interpretation is what got him silenced..

I have to wonder what Christ would really think of those today that call themselves followers of Christ!

ACC,, This aids thing is key for you,, Tell me,, have you ever believed anything outside the norm about the people with their hands on the purse strings,, making policy,, other than what the American media has thought to share with us?

If the Aids is a lie,, which I believe is someone speaking out,, with no evidence, to back it up,, and trying to draw attention,, maybe,, for something else..

Squeaky wheel type thing,,, to get noticed,, like a politician who spins truth for other purposes altogether,,,Just my Theory..

I know history lessons are taboo here,,conversation killers,,but I've learned not to take all things at face value,, especially when dealing with politicians, salesman, and preachers,,and bible thumpers of all kinds..

Give me signs that the American Government is Christian...........:-6
gmc

Post by gmc »

Accountable;857658 wrote: "The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. The government lied."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright, April 13, 2003

Apart from that stunning inaccuracy is the outcry perhaps more to do with being reminded about uncomfortable aspects of american history? Why does it matter what he says anyway?
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Why does it matter what he says?

The election,,, they have to find reasons to stop this lunacy of an idea,, that not only are republicans going to take a hit of biblical proportions in the next election, they may lose all say so,, in how government is run for the next couple decades..

Now they have to deal with a public,, that has been ignored for last 8 years, by an administration that couldn't care less what the American People thought,, about how the politicians handled the purse strings,,, once they won an election..

I am looking for all tricks by these elite people,, who think they are the only ones entitled to a comfortable living.. lies,,voter fraud,,etc.,,,etc.. All politicians need to be held accountable....

Attacking Ministers,, playing on our fears,, think about it..

All it takes is for more people to pay attention,, for anyone who is paying attention,, can see clearly how we all fall for the same type divisions,, over and over, and over,, it just looks like half of the people don't have a clue as to why anyone would try to fool them...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

They had the American people after 9/11,, but they chose to only acknowledge the upper class,, and shiite all over the livings of rest..

Watch how they scurry,,the desparation in their eyes,, while trying to get the smallest of agendas through,,,I'm sure they all won't be stopped ,, but lets just say they're going to have to think up a whole new set of spins and tricks to ride the Great American Ride,,,, The win-win situations need to be shared with all people,, not just the rich,,, everyone deserves help from the politicians that beg us for votes every election,,,,,,,,,,,

The American media as well,, Hannity,,Rush Limbaughless and all far Right/left people need to be exposed as the peddlers of division that they are,,,enemies of a united America!

Don't they realize,, a higher power maybe watching,,, even if they don't believe.

Embrace its presence!

We are all the same,,:-6 :guitarist :-6
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

:-2DrJ;857913 wrote: ...............

Give me signs that the American Government is Christian...........:-6

It's not supposed to be darlin'

DrJ

Post by DrJ »

GMC asked me about the jews and Rome,,

Check if I was Insane,,I guess!:wah:
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Here's the first half of what caught the eye of the political strategist.....

Judge away!

God Damn America” sermon.

Wright’s scriptural focus was Luke 19:37-44 (reading from the New Revised Standard Version).

In this sermon, Wright spoke about the military rule during biblical days, led by Pontius Pilate. It was clear, through his language, such as “occupying military brigade” that he was making an analogy to the war in Iraq.

“War does not make for peace,” he said. “Fighting for peace is like raping for virginity.”

“War does not make for peace. War only makes for escalating violence and a mindset to pay the enemy back by any means necessary,” he said.

He then gets to the thesis of his sermon, saying, “y’all looking to the government for only what God can give. A lot of people confuse God with their government.”

Wright criticizes the Bush administration and its supporters for using Godly language to justify the war in Iraq. He equates using God in America as condoning the war in Iraq to the same perspective of Islamic fundamentalists.

“We can see clearly the confusion in the mind of a few Muslims, and please notice I did not say all Muslims, I said a few Muslims, who see Allah as condoning killing and killing any and all who don’t believe what they don’t believe. They call it jihad. We can see clearly the confusion in their minds, but we cannot see clearly what it is that we do. We call it crusade when we turn right around and say that our God condones the killing of innocent civilians as a necessary means to an end. WE say that God understand collateral damage. We say that God knows how to forgive friendly fire.”

“We say that God will bless the shock and awe as we take over unilaterally another country, calling it a coalition because we’ve got three guys from Australia, going against the United Nations, going against the majority of Christians, Muslims and Jews throughout the world, making a pre-emptive strike in the name of God. We cannot see how what we are doing is the same thing that Al-Qaeda is doing under a different color flag – calling on the name of a different God to sanction and approve our murder and our mayhem.”

He continues on his thesis of equating government with our God, saying that God sent the early settlers to America to take the country from Native Americans; ordained slavery; and that “we believe that God approves of 6 percent of the people on the face of this earth controlling all of the wealth on the face of this earth while the other 94 percent live in poverty and squalor while we give millions of tax breaks to the white rich.”

He also criticizes the “lily white” G-7 nations for controlling the world’s capital.

Then Wright speaks to:

1. Governments lie.

“This government lied about their belief that all men were created equal. The truth is they believed that all white men were created equal. The truth is they did not even believe that white women were created equal, in creation nor civilization. The government had to pass an amendment to the Constitution to get white women the vote. Then the government had to pass an equal rights amendment to get equal protection under the law for women. The government still thinks a woman has no rights over her own body, and between Uncle Clarence (Thomas), who sexually harassed Anita Hill, and a closeted Klan court, that is a throwback to the 19th century, handpicked by Daddy Bush, Ronald Reagan, Gerald Ford, between Clarence and that stacked court, they are about to un-do Roe vs. Wade, just like they are about to un-do affirmative action. The government lied in its founding documents and the government is still lying today. Governments lie.”

“The government lied about Pearl Harbor. They knew the Japanese were going to attack. Governments lie. The government lied about the Gulf of Tonkin. They wanted that resolution to get us in the Vietnam War. Governments lie. The government lied about Nelson Mandela and our CIA helped put him in prison and keep him there for 27 years. The South African government lied on Nelson Mandela. Governments lie.”

“The government lied about the Tuskegee experiment. They purposely infected African American men with syphilis. Governments lie. The government lied about bombing Cambodia and Richard Nixon stood in front of the camera, ‘Let me make myself perfectly clear…’ Governments lie. The government lied about the drugs for arms Contra scheme orchestrated by Oliver North, and then the government pardoned all the perpetrators so they could get better jobs in the government. Governments lie.”

“The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. Governments lie. The government lied about a connection between Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein and a connection between 9.11.01 and Operation Iraqi Freedom. Governments lie.”

“The government lied about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq being a threat to the United States peace. And guess what else? If they don’t find them some weapons of mass destruction, they gonna do just like the LAPD, and plant the some weapons of mass destruction. Governments lie.”

That last one gets me too,, OJ found his way in there!

Now you see a wealth of divisive material,,, the sad thing,, its not even about any of this,, it's an end game..

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Here is an opinion that illustrates for me,, where this country is going because of this..

[March 21st, 2008 6:48 pm ET

Though I do not agree with what the reverend said, I think it is the context of how he said those comments that makes it truly disturbing. It seems to have been said with a huge sense of passion & conviction, and dare I say it, normality.

There are some things we think, and think good for saying it, and there are some things that we think, and should only think without verbally disclosing it.

In this time of social-sensitivity we should all be consious of this. No-one should think themselves as being anyone else’s mouth-peice. We say & write things that we cannot take back. This is our society today, and though it may not be ideal, perhaps this is a hard lesson for us all to always think before we talk, think before we write, and think about what we think.

Way to many 'Thinks' in there! Freedom of expression,,, has ended!
gmc

Post by gmc »

DrJ;858338 wrote: GMC asked me about the jews and Rome,,

Check if I was Insane,,I guess!:wah:

Only because you seemed to be under the rather delightful if rather unusual impression that the romans were jewish. Indeed you seem to think it was the state religion. As to your sanity I reserve judgement but your knowledge of history seems a bit shaky.

Clearly the US is not a christian country.

A Republic where people elect their leaders is a pagan concept that monotheist religions could never envisage.

Democracy is a pagan concept -even the very word is pagan.

Liberty is a pagan concept, even the very word shows it's pagan influences.

Your institutions such as the senate are pagan.

this forum takes it's name from a place where pagans met to settle their differences by discussion rather than killling each other

Why would you want it to be christian?
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Gmc,,,how do you get all that so mixed up,,

I state the Jewish Religion is 'tied to' the Roman Empire

as Chritianity is 'tied to' the American Empire,,,

OK I see,,,,You ask if I think the Jews were Romans,,

I assume ,,you assume,, I think,,,The Christians are us government,,

I ask you to show me this,,,I'm sorry,,I see how my ramblings get confused,,

I was relating them as to time of---in the times of the roman empire

Christians in the times of the American Empire,,

I believe religion to be part of our divisive nature,,,I wish not to be ruled by it!

I'm not the best at seperating my understanding,, on screen,,

so others might see how I understand it,, my word choice,,as defined in my mind

short hand habits,, of a 2-finger typer,,easy to miss in edit mode,,

I'm getting better at it tho,, if you'd of tried to read any post 9/11,

when the wound was fresh,,, a 100 thoughts in one paragraph,,,,

Now shakey history,, I know I'm shakey,

Corrections are more than welcome,,,,:-3

I don't write to change minds,, just to clarify my own!
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;857913 wrote: ACC,, This aids thing is key for you,, Tell me,, have you ever believed anything outside the norm about the people with their hands on the purse strings,, making policy,, other than what the American media has thought to share with us?

If the Aids is a lie,, which I believe is someone speaking out,, with no evidence, to back it up,, and trying to draw attention,, maybe,, for something else..

Squeaky wheel type thing,,, to get noticed,, like a politician who spins truth for other purposes altogether,,,Just my Theory..

gmc;857917 wrote: Apart from that stunning inaccuracy is the outcry perhaps more to do with being reminded about uncomfortable aspects of american history? Why does it matter what he says anyway?
Regardless of the original reasons, this American citizen has cried out some incredibly hateful things. Some of them have been explained away, but he stands beside this one.

This American citizen publicly accuses the United States government of purposely and maliciously developing and distributing a deadly virus with the express intent of genocide.... and repeatedly stands by his accusation without offering a shred of evidence. But because the color of his skin, this DrJ character thinks he deserves a pass -- because he spews his filth from a pulpit, a rebuttal is an unfair attack.

That pisses me off.

It shows clear bias and bigotry on the part of DrJ; my history here shows I have no tolerance for bigotry. Jeremiah Wright does not deserve a pass. Saying HIV is an American-made weapon of black genocide is not a Christian message. He is not speaking some code white people can't understand, and should keep quiet about. He is not above critique.

Jeremiah Wright is an adult citizen of my nation, deserving of the respect men give men. To make excuses based on his skin color pays vile and extreme disrespect - disrespect that comes from bigotry.

My reaction pays worlds more respect to Mr Wright than does that of DrJ.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Accountable;858575 wrote: Regardless of the original reasons, this American citizen has cried out some incredibly hateful things. Some of them have been explained away, but he stands beside this one.

This American citizen publicly accuses the United States government of purposely and maliciously developing and distributing a deadly virus with the express intent of genocide.... and repeatedly stands by his accusation without offering a shred of evidence. But because the color of his skin, this DrJ character thinks he deserves a pass -- because he spews his filth from a pulpit, a rebuttal is an unfair attack.

That pisses me off.

It shows clear bias and bigotry on the part of DrJ; my history here shows I have no tolerance for bigotry. Jeremiah Wright does not deserve a pass. Saying HIV is an American-made weapon of black genocide is not a Christian message. He is not speaking some code white people can't understand, and should keep quiet about. He is not above critique.

Jeremiah Wright is an adult citizen of my nation, deserving of the respect men give men. To make excuses based on his skin color pays vile and extreme disrespect - disrespect that comes from bigotry.

My reaction pays worlds more respect to Mr Wright than does that of DrJ.

There ya go!:yh_clap:yh_clap

DrJ

Post by DrJ »

[Acc writes:

That pisses me off.

DrJ ,,,,,ACCOUNTABLE!!

You are missing something,,,,pissed off:-5

I make the arguement that none of this should matter,, even the truth in it..

There is a lot of that,,by the way,,,.:lips:

You pick one thing out,, Mr Hannity,,, and cling to it,,,,,,,,,,

and color the whole man with it,,,

Now who is the Bigot?

Is it because of how much truth is in it? You need him to be baaaaaaaaaad!

Thou protests to much,,,,,,,,,,,sir!:sneaky:

Here's my advice to you,,, Don't vote for Rev Wright!:guitarist

My question to you is,,,,

How many Black Americans inside Trinity Church do you think do not deserve a pass,, for this one thing you have geniusly spotted, in this sermon,, in this 5000 word Thesis?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:thinking:

Why does it **** you off so much? Why does it matter how much respect either of us paid?

This is not a competition,,, I was pissed off,, that this was brought out to play on white fears!

The people it has effected most,,,so far are the elderly,,, fear conquers the spirit my friend....

Look man,,,,it shouldn't of even seen the light of day! I agree with you..

Dividing a country is a full time job,, even for the Bigotry police!

Comprende':-6

PS,,,,,,,Gee,, thx for all the support,,flop!!! hehehe

Return to “Christianity”