Why don't more Christians defend Rev Wright?

Discuss the Christian Faith.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Oh,, woe is Rev Wright,,, a terrible man,, according to the media,

and this is before the NAACP,,,speech....

This man,, preaching a gospel,, strange to the white people of America,

offensive to many,,, even.........

Filmed,, recorded,, cut up,, and filtered to an audience, for the sole purpose of effecting the outcome of an American Election..

30 years of Christian studies,, 8 yrs as marine in vietnam, and very few Christians stood up,,, raises questions as to what kind of people are these American Christians who claim to follow a man named Christ.

Reminds me of the Jews back in the days of Christ, who sat back while

one of their own got nailed,, and crowned,, King of the Jews!

I found it amazing to see in modern Christianity in America...

I've seen candidates get hammered but never through religion..

This time they use his Pastor/minister,, who to some white people, speaks a whole different language,, using religion for bad purposes,,

like taking care of the less fortunate, speaking up for equal rights,,

and putting God before country,,,,,,,,,,Blasphemy!!!!

Cable news going right with it,,, as planned,,I'm sure!

I mean you'd think Reverend Wright was a pedophile,, and Barrack was right with him,, watching the door,, enjoying it,,,,,,,I find this an attack on Christianity..

Why hasn't this ever happen to a white Pastor/preacher/priest?

The saddest thing for me,, is being aware of how a population can be duped,, watching it happen,, and told I'm nuts for mentioning it..

Nobody wants to admit, they might just be missing something..

I see this clear as day,, am I wrong?

God is gravity,, to the collective perspective we all seek!

DrJ
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Probably because he's an idiot..:thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

DrJ

Post by DrJ »

What makes him an idiot?

Are all Christians idiots,, in your mind,,:-5
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I compare the story,, not the men...

Why hasn't this ever happen before?
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I believe the story of Christ,, I see how someone can be attacked for speaking something he believes as truth,,,I believe their are good Christians that would speak up,, I do wonder about the understanding of anyone who condones what happen here,, and can justify it..

What do you think?

Am I crazy?:-5:sneaky:
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

DrJ;853890 wrote: I believe the story of Christ,, I see how someone can be attacked for speaking something he believes as truth,,,I believe their are good Christians that would speak up,, I do wonder about the understanding of anyone who condones what happen here,, and can justify it..

What do you think?

Am I crazy?:-5:sneaky:

ummm, you want the truth or me to sugar coat it?
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Go on,, let me have it,, :-3 I got my pain killers,,:-5
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Dr. J...why don't you show us what you are defending Rev. Wright about?

I have only heard bits and pieces of what he has said, so I can't really back up what I think of him without seeing the facts. I will say that I have no respect for Obama, so that probably causes problems for anyone associated with him for me anyway...we may have to just to agree to disagree.....I am a Christian and I don't like being bullied into supporting someone on here-say of supporting Christianity.

Show me what you are talking about, and I'll tell you what I think. Thanks!
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;853868 wrote: [...]

I mean you'd think Reverend Wright was a pedophile,, and Barrack was right with him,, watching the door,, enjoying it,,,,,,,I find this an attack on Christianity..

Make up your mind. Is it an attack on Christianity or an attack because he's not white?

Explain to me, please: where is the Christian message in the snippets he's being attacked for? How is accusing the US gov't for developing HIV as a means of genocide against people of color a Christian message? Or a patriotic message, for that matter?
Redtail

Post by Redtail »

As an "American Christian" (a term I'm using and heard for the very first time mind you, since I thought a Christian was a Christian, not specifically named from each country) I foung it drop dead appaulling shocking and SINFUL when I heard the words God Damn America shouting out of my radio, learning it was a "minister" saying it just took any kind of respect I could have had for him and threw it out the window. I don't care if it was out of context or not.......Thou shalt not use my name in vain is all I have to know to realize he's the idiot.
xyz

Post by xyz »

Calling oneself 'Rev' is indefensible.
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

DrJ;853868 wrote:

This man,, preaching a gospel,, strange to the white people of America,

offensive to many,,, even.........

I think you just answered your own question.

Filmed,, recorded,, cut up,, and filtered to an audience, for the sole purpose of effecting the outcome of an American Election..

...and the Rev. gleefully supplies the media with more audacious comments on a regular basis.

The guy loves the limelight, and he's playing it to the max.

Jerry Falwell was at least as big a twit as Wright, and I recall that he was ridiculed for different, yet equally lamebrained statements.

As a matter of fact, I remember him blaming the USA's moral decay as the reason why God let 9/11 happen, so maybe these two pious mouthpieces do have a lot in common, outside of their foolish antics.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Let's talk about this,,,,

WW,,,,,,,,,,,

I understand going after a candidate in a presidential race,, hey, they are free game,, they want the top Job,, I personnally believe some attacks are there to take advantage of people who don't have time to keep up with the issues in government that effect them,, there children and their grandchildren,, so they cloud the path to information with all kinds of things,, especially when they are in the weaker position...

But now,,, they have gone after the Christian Minister of the candidate,, they can't seem to stop,,, I wonder,, if people don't speak up now,, what's next?

They're going to start taking clips from all Christian Ministers,, it's just funny to me how this has never happen before,, till a Black man has run for president,,

Exposing an opinion difference,, or using the different perspectives of Black Christians,,, and White Christians in how they transfer the message of Christ,,

against a voters intelligence,,,,

Politics is about the money,,,,,,,,,,only!

Religion is about gospel....

The fact that religious leaders aren't speaking up,, makes me wonder if the christian religious leaders,,, aren't in it just for the money as well....

Do you think it doesn't effect you?

Here is an interesting lesson learned long ago,,,the hard way,,

We did nothing to stop it!

We didn't realize,,,,,,,,,he was offering us stability,,,pride,,, and a strong economy!

We didn't understand what was happening; it didn't seem so important......

It all became apparent that this could happen anywhere,,,

people could be apathetic about voting,,, and other rights,,,

a trade off for something else....

How simple it could be to give it all up.

How difficult it would be to gain it all back.

When they came to get the Jews,, I was unconcerned because I wasn't a Jew....

Then they came for the union leaders,, and I felt the same way.....

Next they came for the farmer,, and the merchant,,,,

but this didn't bother me either,,, because I was neither of these.......

Then they came for the intellectual,,,,the scholar,,, and I cried,,,

Stop!!!!!!!!!! ,,,

but I looked around,,

and there was no one left to hear me........

We've always had these rights,,,,,,,,we assume we will always have them,,,,,,,,,

We take them for granted.................most quiet citizens would never realize,,

until it was too late,,,,,,it was happening!

These issue don't seem to effect you now,,,but soon you will cry,,,STOP,,,

I hope you,, at least,, start paying attention to that very special,,,

and fragile thing,, we all call religious freedom..........

Religion is merely politics,,,,

God is gravity,,,,,,,,to the collective perspective we all seek..

Do the math,,,,,,,,
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

RJ,,, that is the thing that has impressed me most as well,, the people are stopping this in a quiet manner,, I was so mad,, I was beating the keys on this lab top, writing newspapers,, news shows,, elected officials,, I found myself thinking about every conspiracy theory I've ever heard or read about,, and non reaction by Christian leaders,, inflamed my madness,, and then while typing an email I found myself in a rythm I hadn't felt before,, like something carrying me,, driving the mechinism,, coming off the gas peddle,, and the thought came,,

Reacting correctly takes more time!

It was an amazing feeling,, :driving:

:-6 I realized whatever happens,, its going to be OK!:-6:-6
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

rjwould;854356 wrote: I don't have a problem with anything Wright has said in the least. What I do object to is the media attaching everything he says to Obama as if Wrights comments are Obama's own words. Its merely an excuse by the media to appeal to the lesser good of the American people and racism. However, it seems it is not working to the extent the media at large had hoped. Obama still enjoys a lead over Clinton and McCain.

I'm pretty impressed with the democratic electorate so far regarding this issue..We'll see how it plays out this coming Tuesday.
If you agree with what Wright has said, and at one time Obama also had no problem with Wrights comments, How come Obama has now distanced and renounced Wright and his so called "divisive and destructive" (Obama's words not mine) comments?
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Me agreeing with the minister has nothing to do with why I felt it was wrong..

I haven't researched any of what he was talking about,,

I wanted to know who was behind it,, because if for anything else the divide and conquer people don't care about none of us,,

Divided we fail,, agree or disagree with your minister,, it doesn't have anything to do,, in my opinion,, with how they slice up the Great American Pie...

Religious freedom is what's at stake here...

I don't judge all catholics for what their freaky pedophilic priest did...

All this is about is an idea,, or a history lesson,, I know why they used this,,

Rj,,,said it best,,, They knew parts of White America would bite..

Shameful,,,

I hope the American Christians are better than that.....

I also believe this is the most important conversation in the Christian religion today.. in my humble opinion.......
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I can't help but think that Wright is intentionally trying to torpedo Obama. I can't for the life of me figure out why.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

YZGI;854467 wrote: I can't help but think that Wright is intentionally trying to torpedo Obama. I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Let me help you out with the question of 'why?'

If Obama were to be elected by blacks and whites alike, where does that leave the 'racist americans' argument that Wright and his ilk live off of? No where.... that's where it's left. He and his type only have an audience so long as there is the perception of unfairness and injustice to feed off of. If you have a man who comes forward and and can say 'I worked my ass off, look what that got me' it kinda sends to the crapper the notion that 'we are where we are because another race won't let us lift ourselves any higher'.

And talk about racist! If wright had been Hillarys pastor instead of Obamas her campaign would have had funeral services a month ago...:wah:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

flopstock;854642 wrote: Let me help you out with the question of 'why?'

If Obama were to be elected by blacks and whites alike, where does that leave the 'racist americans' argument that Wright and his ilk live off of? No where.... that's where it's left. He and his type only have an audience so long as there is the perception of unfairness and injustice to feed off of. If you have a man who comes forward and and can say 'I worked my ass off, look what that got me' it kinda sends to the crapper the notion that 'we are where we are because another race won't let us lift ourselves any higher'.

And talk about racist! If wright had been Hillarys pastor instead of Obamas her campaign would have had funeral services a month ago...:wah:
Makes sense. Do you reckon Al Sharton and Jesse Jackson are writing his scripts?
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

rjwould;854681 wrote: Thats interesting insight, but do you really think its that conspiratorial?

Don't confuse hypocritical with conspiritorial.

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

YZGI;854653 wrote: Makes sense. Do you reckon Al Sharton and Jesse Jackson are writing his scripts?

No way. All of these self righteous folks have more concern with grabbing the limelight for themselves then they do with advancing any cause. I'm not surprised we haven't heard from Sharpton or Jackson condemning the Reverends rantings as unproductive and divisive. Or better yet objecting to the criticism of Wright as just more white on black racism. It's a pretty tough position to espouse when calm rational folks in the African American community are making comments to the affect that they never heard preachings like his in 'their' church.

All the white right-wingers are just as bad. Folks whose livelihood is dependent on keeping the political and religious pot stirred with their comments, have absolutely NO interest in saying 'the guy should just be ignored like any other nutcase'.

Ya know though... the whole idea of this showing Obama as being a lousy judge of character... that one is an interesting subject for me. I personally would rather pick someone who put in their time at church sleeping in the pew and not really paying attention to what was being said, then I would want to pick someone who lived with someone for 30 plus years before catching a clue that he cheated on her... just who is the WORSE judge of moral fiber? The down side is that Obama named a book based on this guys preaching... which kinda indicates he was a listener.

Post by 911 »

I think the biggest factor was that Obama stated he had never heard his preacher say anything like that before yet he had been going to that church for twenty years.

So either Flopstock is right or Obama is lying. How can you go to the same church with the same preacher for twenty years and never get a hint of his personal feelings. Get a hint before the preacher is televised? :-2
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
xyz

Post by xyz »

Maybe Christians think that Wright is a capitalist puppet, along with Graham, Ratzinger, Ham, etc. Maybe this is all a stunt, like almost everything in politics, and Christians have far better things to do than give this hoopla attention.
xyz

Post by xyz »

Jester;854879 wrote: Well I claim to be a 'christain'...

And comparing what the Rev Wright
Rev Wright? The man is divine?
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;854384 wrote: [...]

They're going to start taking clips from all Christian Ministers,, it's just funny to me how this has never happen before,, till a Black man has run for president,,

[...]
Richard Bell;854338 wrote: [...]

Jerry Falwell was at least as big a twit as Wright, and I recall that he was ridiculed for different, yet equally lamebrained statements.

As a matter of fact, I remember him blaming the USA's moral decay as the reason why God let 9/11 happen, so maybe these two pious mouthpieces do have a lot in common, outside of their foolish antics.
Not that I expect you to respond (it would be out of character for you, apparently) but here's what I asked you earlier & you never addressed it.

Accountable;853943 wrote: Make up your mind. Is it an attack on Christianity or an attack because he's not white?

Explain to me, please: where is the Christian message in the snippets he's being attacked for? How is accusing the US gov't for developing HIV as a means of genocide against people of color a Christian message? Or a patriotic message, for that matter?
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Accountable,,,,

This subject is nothing but a political strategy,,, They think of every voter effected and why,,,,,, I wish you could nail it to one thing....

All things that divide an electorate(voters) are thought of when people run for office,,, by people who need to spin the truth and get opinions out on people we don't even know,, You only know another,, when you walk in his shoes..

Rev Wright did not ask for this,, He was pulled in,,,what should he of done?,,,,,,, In your mind..

Swallow it? :-2

Maybe,,,,,,,,just maybe,, he worked hard for his too..

I admired McCain back in 2000,, Karl Rove spit in his face,, and shiite all over his family in South Carolina,,, and McCain swallowed..

It made me think the 'Maverick McCain' was a fake....:lips:

Flop,,,,

I don't know if you realize this or not,, but your statement,,, about one race holding the other down,,, is a talking point for the neo nazi,,KKK Political wizards of this country,,,and it's a good one,,,,,,,,,,cheap shot,,but it works...

But this comment here lets me know theres more to you than meets the eye,,

Ya know though... the whole idea of this showing Obama as being a lousy judge of character... that one is an interesting subject for me. I personally would rather pick someone who put in their time at church sleeping in the pew and not really paying attention to what was being said, then I would want to pick someone who lived with someone for 30 plus years before catching a clue that he cheated on her... just who is the WORSE judge of moral fiber? The down side is that Obama named a book based on this guys preaching... which kinda indicates he was a listener. ....................

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,FlopStock

I've laughed about this all day............

I have got to say this,, maybe theres more to everyone than meets the eye..

Even Rev Wright,, as scary has he seems to sound.

I wonder why Christians don't take these political acts with the grain of salt they deserve,,,, I'd love see a Messiah come to earth and see what the right wing political strategists come up with and hear how Rush Limbaugh,, and sean Hannity, go after him,,,,,,,,Then let Bill Ooooooooooreally interview him!
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;855750 wrote: Accountable,,,,

This subject is nothing but a political strategy,,, They think of every voter effected and why,,,,,, I wish you could nail it to one thing....

All things that divide an electorate(voters) are thought of when people run for office,,, by people who need to spin the truth and get opinions out on people we don't even know,, You only know another,, when you walk in his shoes..

Rev Wright did not ask for this,, He was pulled in,,,what should he of done?,,,,,,, In your mind..

Swallow it? :-2

Maybe,,,,,,,,just maybe,, he worked hard for his too..

Forgive me, but I don't see how you addressed my question at all.

Accountable wrote: Explain to me, please: where is the Christian message in the snippets he's being attacked for? How is accusing the US gov't for developing HIV as a means of genocide against people of color a Christian message? Or a patriotic message, for that matter?
watermark

Post by watermark »

Haven't read the whole thread. My initial reaction to Rev Wright was of agreement with what he said. Why wouldn't a black preacher be outraged at the treatment of blacks? He was speaking his truth.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

watermark;855953 wrote: Haven't read the whole thread. My initial reaction to Rev Wright was of agreement with what he said. Why wouldn't a black preacher be outraged at the treatment of blacks? He was speaking his truth.
What? Have we slipped to 1968 again? Sheesh!

So you agree that the US gov't developed HIV as a tool of genocide against black people?
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I know you weren't addressing me, Acc, but just to be the devil for a bit, remember the Tuskegee Experiment? It seems crazy but it might could happen again with HIV. I'm not saying I believe this, in fact I don't, and from what little I have heard about this reverend, I think he's a little short of dangerous. But I'm one of those who don't trust the government and I don't think it's *too* farfetched to consider the notion that this could happen.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

RedGlitter;855966 wrote: I know you weren't addressing me, Acc, but just to be the devil for a bit, remember the Tuskegee Experiment? It seems crazy but it might could happen again with HIV. I'm not saying I believe this, in fact I don't, and from what little I have heard about this reverend, I think he's a little short of dangerous. But I'm one of those who don't trust the government and I don't think it's *too* farfetched to consider the notion that this could happen.No one injected the Tuskegee soldiers with syphilis, as the common myth goes.

Entire article here

The infamous Tuskegee experiment is the Medusa’s head of black left-wing paranoia. Whenever someone laments the fact that anywhere from 10 percent to 33 percent of African-Americans believe the U.S. government invented AIDS to kill blacks, someone will say, “That’s not so crazy when you consider what happened at Tuskegee.”

But it is crazy. And it’s dishonest.

Wright says the U.S. government “purposely infected African-American men with syphilis.” This is a lie, and no knowledgeable historian says otherwise. And yet, this untruth pops up routinely. In March, CNN commentator Roland Martin defended Wright, saying, “That actually did, indeed, happen.” On Fox News, the allegation has gone unchallenged on “Hannity & Colmes” and “The O’Reilly Factor.” Obery Hendricks, a prominent author and visiting scholar at Princeton University, told O’Reilly “I do know that the government injected syphilis into black men at the Tuskegee Institute. Now we know that the government is capable of doing those things.”

To which O’Reilly responded: “All right. All governments have done bad things in every country.”

True enough. And what the U.S. did at Tuskegee was indeed bad, very bad. But it didn’t do what these people say it did.

So what did happen? In 1932, public health researchers set out to study syphilis, particularly among African-Americans, who had higher infection rates than whites. They recruited 399 black men who already had syphilis. The doctors infected no one. In fact, the patients were selected in the first place because they were tertiary-stage syphilitics who were no longer contagious.

DrJ

Post by DrJ »

What are you asking? Maybe I misunderstood,, I've been known to do this from time to time...:-2

Sounds like you want me to break down the message of a sermon I haven't heard.

I don't want to presume something just because I heard a piece of a statement played on TV news,,,

Why don't you pick out the syphlis story anyway,,,I thought the aids story was something he said just for the cameras,,, Crazy like a fox,, is my theory on that.

But that has nothing to do with my Question,,,

A black Christian Ministers sermon,, cut up and served to white America,, to take advantage of the fact that white Christians go to white Churches and truly don't understand the perspective of a different race,,,fear of the unknown,,,

Why don't more Christians stand up in his defense:confused:

Because conspiracy theories don't count has Christianity!:-5:sneaky:

So this is how we justify attacking Black Christians in church?:-3

Tell me why you don't think anything wrong of this? Accountable
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Acc I'm sorry! I misled you. I wasn't thinking that they actually infected the men but my understanding of it was that rather than treating it, they only pretended to, all the while taking notes on how it progressed. Using them as lab rats in essence. Is this incorrect?

It isn't too much of a stretch for me to believe that the government could easily do something like that.

Thank you for the info.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I don'/t care nothing about that,,,HIV thing,, I don't know enough about that,,

The way they went after it,, I thought they took a shot at White christians awareness level,, They say sunday morning services,, is the most seperated times in America...

That tells you why they worked it,,,

Heck,, if I knew for sure none of the statements were true,, I still would know that the people that are working this hit job,, don't care nothing about Christians,

White,,Black,,and any in between,,,This plays in a possible end game,,

The rich get richer,,, by playing on our differences,, its the first time I've seen it done using a politicians Pastor,,,
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

RedGlitter;855972 wrote: Acc I'm sorry! I misled you. I wasn't thinking that they actually infected the men but my understanding of it was that rather than treating it, they only pretended to, all the while taking notes on how it progressed. Using them as lab rats in essence. Is this incorrect?

It isn't too much of a stretch for me to believe that the government could easily do something like that.

Thank you for the info.
I believe you are correct, which makes it a completely wrong comparison with Wright's accusation. He doesn't accuse the gov't of allowing black people to catch HIV and watching what happens, he accuses the gov't of actively seeking a way to kill all black people. Genocide. Huge difference.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Okay. And good morning! :-6
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;855971 wrote: What are you asking? Maybe I misunderstood,, I've been known to do this from time to time...:-2Your opening post indicated that Wright was being attacked for the Christian message he was preaching from the pulpit. 'Gospel' I think you called it. My question was simple: where is the Christian message in the snippets he's being attacked for? How is accusing the US gov't for developing HIV as a means of genocide against people of color a Christian message? Or a patriotic message, for that matter?

DrJ wrote: [...]A black Christian Ministers sermon,, cut up and served to white America,, to take advantage of the fact that white Christians go to white Churches and truly don't understand the perspective of a different race,,,fear of the unknown,,,That's crap. Because he's been blessed with more melanin than I, I'm supposed to hear his vitriol and just smile & say "Oh, I obviously misunderstood because I'm white. He must've meant something else"?? Just how far does black entitlement and white guilt go, that a black man can say anything and not be called on it?

DrJ wrote: Why don't more Christians stand up in his defense:confused:

Because conspiracy theories don't count has Christianity!:-5:sneaky:

So this is how we justify attacking Black Christians in church?:-3

Tell me why you don't think anything wrong of this? AccountableBecause I don't see through your bigoted filters. I saw a man who a presidential candidate names as spiritual mentor stand up and yell "GOD DAMN AMERICA!" I saw a fellow American accuse our government, his and mine, of attempted genocide against her own people.

You saw a black Christian get attacked.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;855974 wrote: [...] its the first time I've seen it done using a politicians Pastor,,,That's because it's the first time a presidential candidate had a pastor who spewed hate for the US from the pulpit.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

The comments aren't really what I'm concerned with,,Mr.Hannity,,

Its the devisive spin it receives,, clouding all truth because of the weakened position of these non religious greedy Corporate machines that couldn't care less about anything or anyone it divides.. and it has now come to church...

But let's play the game,, hey this is just a chit chat room...

You understand from my chit,, that some how I believe,, let say that again,,

I,,,,,,,,I,, Believe this has something to do with black/white,,entitlement/guilt..

Not true,,,

The strategy is to Let our own divisive nature work itself to that,, some bring that up,, just to keep the arguement for justification,, which is the natural thing people do,, works like a charm........The rich get richer,, until a new generation comes and changes how we think of our differences...

Divides us right up,,,, clouding all issues on the table,,, making our choices more complicated,, it works both ways.

Keeping a nation divided is a full time job....hehehe

I see a Black Christian Minister getting peppered for putting God before government,,,as he quotes,, an American Ambassador,, GD America,,

Chickens coming home to roost,, An American Ambassador's words,,, on Foxnews.

If your a church going Christian,, you will care,, because your Minister is next,,

if we allow attacks of people inside Church,, who put God before Government,, and speak truth to power,, whatever its about,,what does that say about where this country is headed?:driving:

What does it say abpout the Christian religion if people's attitude is well,,

it's not me, speaking bad about an American policy from a perspective of a God fearing citizen,,, X+Y=X+Y,,,,Golden rule,,we get,, exactly,, what we give?:sneaky:

C'mon,,,,,,,are you really judging a Christian who happens to believe in the golden rule,,,,,,,,,and speaks of it in church?:-3

That's exactly what he is being called out on,, bigoted filter my a//...........:-5

Hey ACC,,, the worst anyone believes from Rev Wright,, is hey,, what country on God's green earth is perfect,,may they cast the first stone.......:guitarist

Now,,,What the F""K is Melinan? lmao:wah:

As long as we hold on to our differences,, the harder life is going to get on the poor and middle class in this country,,bottom line!~
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;856556 wrote: If your a church going Christian,, you will care,, because your Minister is next,,No minister of any church I have attended has ever said such things as Mr Wright. Not even close.

DrJ wrote: if we allow attacks of people inside Church,, who put God before Government,, and speak truth to power,, whatever its about,,what does that say about where this country is headed?:driving:I would agree with you, except that you include Mr Wright as one of those people, and I'm not about to stipulate that he speaks truth.

DrJ wrote: What does it say abpout the Christian religion if people's attitude is well,,

it's not me, speaking bad about an American policy from a perspective of a God fearing citizen,,, X+Y=X+Y,,,,Golden rule,,we get,, exactly,, what we give?:sneaky:That's not the Golden rule. You've got some remedial studying to do.

I hope you're not referring to Wright's accusing the US gov't of creating HIV for the purpose of genocide when you write "American policy."

DrJ wrote: C'mon,,,,,,,are you really judging a Christian who happens to believe in the golden rule,,,,,,,,,and speaks of it in church?:-3

That's exactly what he is being called out on,, bigoted filter my a//...........:-5You gotta explain that one to me.

DrJ wrote: As long as we hold on to our differences,, the harder life is going to get on the poor and middle class in this country,,bottom line!~
Odd threat. :-2
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I believe the poor Rev got caught up,,, with things he has said over a lifetime,,

these things are old news from the past,, so he decides to try and stand up for his right to say them,,, and when any of us do this,, foot and mouth disease,

is probably a common occurance,,,

I had to respect him,, for standing up:thinking:

I'm only 48,, if I had to answer for every odd truth I've believed over the years,,

every conspiracy I've bought and talked about,, well I do feel for the poor man,,

whose only crime seems to be,, is preaching at a church that a possible next president attends,,

I just think you like this,, :sneaky:,,,,,,

Golden rule=give what you want to get,,X+Y,, treat others like you want,,to be,,

Help me if I got that wrong,,,:thinking:

This sermon got him recognized,, in a dishonest way,, yet not many Christians thought anything of that,,,,,,,I find that disturbing,,

I truly believe down the road we will here all kinds of reasons why people didn't,

It reminded me of the Dixie Chick situation,,

I bet you was a CD crushing M''''f''''r,,,heavy on the Mfr,,,,,,,,,,

Thats right,, I love the dixie chicks tooooooooo:guitarist....:wah:

I also admire anyone who involves themselves in this conversation...:-5

Look,, I'm a white guy,, and I don't trust politicians,, or the American media,,

I'm also glad to have that right...

Does being a proud american mean we should close our eyes to possible histories,

of what any certain government as been guilty of,, or not?

Why do you think a Christian Minister would say all this stuff,,,anyway?
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

odd threat,,,,,,,,,

Political strategy-----God,,guns,,$$$$$$$$

Who do you believe this strategy was aimed at?

Why?

Elections determine how we slice the pie...

Get them debating everything but the $$$$$

That's all they care about,,control of the purse strings,,,

pro=life and pro choice are merely items on a resume to a job that pays because of influence on where the money goes,,

People get into politics to get their hands into the national treasure, and will believe whatever is popular that election year..

They change when needed,,, if the poor and middle class stood as 1,,

The deal would change,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I hope I live to see it!
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;856644 wrote: I believe the poor Rev got caught up,,, with things he has said over a lifetime,,

these things are old news from the past,, so he decides to try and stand up for his right to say them,,, and when any of us do this,, foot and mouth disease,

is probably a common occurance,,,

I had to respect him,, for standing up:thinking:
I don't. You're trying to make excuses for him just like Obama did. He took that as an insult. He knew and knows exactly what he is saying.
gmc

Post by gmc »

RedGlitter;855972 wrote: Acc I'm sorry! I misled you. I wasn't thinking that they actually infected the men but my understanding of it was that rather than treating it, they only pretended to, all the while taking notes on how it progressed. Using them as lab rats in essence. Is this incorrect?

Thank you for the info.

Actually clinton apologised in 1997.

http://www.tuskegee.edu/Global/story.asp?S=1211608

You need to put it in it's historical context

http://www.notdeadyet.org/eughis.html

It was actually part of a world wide eugenics movement that was aimed more at people with mental and physical disabilities than just of different races. The black racial dimension is peculiarly American. The most comprehensive programme of it's kind was actually in in sweden.

If you really want to worry some of these ideas haven't gone away.

http://www.sntp.net/eugenics/eugenics_america.htm

In 1974, Federal District Court Judge Gerhard Gesell estimated that "over the last few years" between 100,000 and 150,000 low-income persons were sterilized under federally funded programs. Ruling on behalf of plaintiffs in a class action suit, Judge Gesell stated that "an indefinite number" of those sterilized were "improperly coerced" into accepting sterilization. Judge Gesell observed that "the dividing line between family planning and eugenics was murky" (Relf v. Weinberger et. al. U.S. District Court of D.C., March 15, 1974). In may cases welfare patients were told that they could lose their benefits if they did not submit to the sterilization procedure. On September 21, 1975 The New York Times Magazine reported that doctors in major cities were routinely performing hysterectomies on mostly black welfare recipients as a form of sterilization, a practice that came to be known euphemistically among medical insiders as the "Mississippi appendectomy."

In 1994, legislators in Connecticut and Florida introduced bills that would provide cash bonuses for welfare recipients who accepted Norplant. Florida and Colorado have introduced incentive programs for men to accept sterilization. the Florida bill would offer $400 to men living below the poverty line for undergoing a vasectomy; the Colorado bill would allow criminals early release. While none of these bills has yet become law, the momentum for eugenic solutions is growing. If current trends continue, we can expect to see such sterilization programs gain legal sanction across America.

I'm a non american so these things don't concern me and I haven't a clue who reverent wright is or what he said but surely the only thing that matters is if what he said is actually true or not? If they're not true then who listens. does no one in the media investigate?

Return to “Christianity”