Does God consider homosexuality a sin

Discuss the Christian Faith.
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

I am, albiet temporarily, a single mother and there is absolutely nothing that I can not teach my son. I can also assure you that he does not spend his time seeking my approval. He is also not afraid of pissing me off. I see absolutely no indication in his 10 year old behaviour that he will not make a wonderful, thoughtful husband perfectly capable of making a living and supporting a family.

As for my question -

Do you think that God creates all life?
Sandi

LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

If God creates all life and thinks that same sex pairings are a sin - how would you explain documented cases of same sex pairings of different species of animals that mate for life? Humans are the only species that use sex not only to procreate but as, shall we say, recreation. Following this line of thinking, one would assume (and be very wrong) that animals that mate for life would only chose members of the opposite sex. There are documented cases in both wild wolves and swans that have paired with members of the same sex for life and other studies which show that many species have same sex pairings.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 13,00.html

As for whether or not there are things I can and can not teach my son based upon my gender - I can assure you that, at the age of 10, we have discussed most subjects including auto care and sex (right down to the dirty little details) and he is very comfortable coming to me with any and all questions that he might have. Yes, he does have a strong father - who has been deployed or away with the military for about 6 of the last 10 years. Judging from the last note I got from the boy's teacher - I can assure you that I am not raising a whipped little sissy boy. :D
Sandi

southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

LilacDragon;1017943 wrote: If God creates all life and thinks that same sex pairings are a sin - how would you explain documented cases of same sex pairings of different species of animals that mate for life? Humans are the only species that use sex not only to procreate but as, shall we say, recreation. Following this line of thinking, one would assume (and be very wrong) that animals that mate for life would only chose members of the opposite sex. There are documented cases in both wild wolves and swans that have paired with members of the same sex for life and other studies which show that many species have same sex pairings.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 13,00.html

As for whether or not there are things I can and can not teach my son based upon my gender - I can assure you that, at the age of 10, we have discussed most subjects including auto care and sex (right down to the dirty little details) and he is very comfortable coming to me with any and all questions that he might have. Yes, he does have a strong father - who has been deployed or away with the military for about 6 of the last 10 years. Judging from the last note I got from the boy's teacher - I can assure you that I am not raising a whipped little sissy boy. :D i feel as you do. There is not just black and white. There are many shades of grey. Remember, he who is free of sin cast the first stone. well it sure won't be me. plus i don't feel God would want us to be judgemental. What is right for me. Should not have to be right for you. i feel being judgemental or narrowminded is a sin. But you or anyone else shouldn't have to feel that way.
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

Jester;1017960 wrote: ahahahah on your son I woudlnt doubt it for a second, well done.

Lilac, seriously? Aniumals are not humans, animals dont 'sin'. Dogs that, male or female will 'hump' legs, its instinctual.

Animals have lots of instincts that humans cannot copy in a society of mutual association. We cannot commit infanticide (well we're not supopsed to but we do abort our childre) We cannot go around killing an eating each other either, if homosexuality is acceptable in animals and you say therefore it is acceptable in humans then why do we have laws stopping us from murdering and eating one another? If animals can do it so can humans, right?

Absolutely not, we are not animals, we are human beings capable of higher reasoning our behavior and not relying on instinct alone to drive our needs.

Dogs hump for dominance reasons - not sexual ones.

And somehow I knew you would come back with this arguement. If God creates all life - then why would he create animals that willingly enter same sex relationships for life? The whole purpose of animal sex is procreation.

You are right - animals have lots of instincts that humans can not copy. For example: I have yet to meet a human that chases squirrels but haven't met many dogs that won't.

I never said that I thought homosexual behaviour was a sin - in any species. While I guess I understand where your coming from - I have a tendency to question the things I read.
Sandi

southern yankee

Jester;1017978 wrote: There we go I was waiting for it, do you want to call me a homophob next?

SY: define adultry if you will? Define fornication if you will? Do you think those are sins? that has nothing to do with the subject. BUT yes, anything that hurts others you do is a sin. But not being gay.
southern yankee

Jester;1018017 wrote: Well since adultry and fonrication is a sin then all homosexuals are sinning when they have sexual relations with another person. God never sanctioned same sex marriages and since all sex outside marriage is fornication then homosexuality is a sin. like i said before. i guess i did not make it plain enough. When a gay couple is committed in a loving relationship. Who is that hurting?? not me. but when a heterosexual cheats on their spouse, that causes pain. What two adults do. Is their business. I will not judge them. Do you think they, meaning gay couples are deviates?? If so, Remember there are many shades of Grey. We all do not think the same.
southern yankee

fuzzy butt;1018056 wrote: God does not see the human but sees his soul/heart . Many generations have decided upon what sin is . God sees the person from his point of view not from ours. Man is falliable God is not. but God is a loving God
southern yankee

fuzzy butt;1018088 wrote: Yep he's very loving ............but what we see as evil and distructive in nature about another human being is not how god sees it . he's been with us since birth and knows all , another words HE "gets it". We don't get it otherwise, suddenly we'd be all perfect and just like God .

Let me put this another way . If god didn't see us from his point of view then all soldiers would go to hell for murder or aiding and abetting murder. But surely god sees them from his point of view. God understands the generation born into strife or the individual unbringings of people, he understands what drives us and all the failings bred into us .

god understands our struggles, be it adultery or homosexualality or sanctioned killing or capital punshment or just plain losing it sometimes. but he understands why when and how and whether we have tried to correct it ................but..........why we also condone it. i guess that is why there are so many religions, with so many views. Who can say. which ones are wrong and which ones are right. I feel they all are wrong or right in different areas? that is why there are so many choices and beliefs.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Adultery has a rather interest history. First of all let me point out that in the days of David and Solomon polygamy was quite acceptable. It was also acceptable for men to have concubines.

In the Jewish encyclopedia we find that in ancient Israel it was not considered adultery for a married man to step out and have a dalliance with a woman as long as she was not married and was not a virgin. In other words the husband could have his "cake and eat it too".

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view. ... 5&letter=A

Polygamy was practiced even after the resurrection of Jesus and still is practiced by African Christians.

Shalom

Ted:-6
southern yankee

Ted;1019627 wrote: Adultery has a rather interest history. First of all let me point out that in the days of David and Solomon polygamy was quite acceptable. It was also acceptable for men to have concubines.

In the Jewish encyclopedia we find that in ancient Israel it was not considered adultery for a married man to step out and have a dalliance with a woman as long as she was not married and was not a virgin. In other words the husband could have his "cake and eat it too".

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view. ... 5&letter=A

Polygamy was practiced even after the resurrection of Jesus and still is practiced by African Christians.

Shalom

Ted:-6interesting, thank you for that info
wildhorses

Post by wildhorses »

I am an agnostic. Maybe there is a God maybe not. But there is no hell. Why would God make a hell? Maybe we reincarnate and in our next life we are on the receiving end of our bad deeds in this life. I think that most people are good and hell would be pretty empty...so why build one? As far as homosexuals go....God made them, so I think he likes them. One of my best friends is gay. He is such a good friend. I can't imagine my life without him.
Ted

Post by Ted »

wildhorses:-6

I think we create our own hell in the here and now. Sometimes we do a bloody good job of it too.

Shalom

Ted:-6
southern yankee

wildhorses;1019633 wrote: I am an agnostic. Maybe there is a God maybe not. But there is no hell. Why would God make a hell? Maybe we reincarnate and in our next life we are on the receiving end of our bad deeds in this life. I think that most people are good and hell would be pretty empty...so why build one? As far as homosexuals go....God made them, so I think he likes them. One of my best friends is gay. He is such a good friend. I can't imagine my life without him. that is why we are all so different. you just don't wake up one morning and say I THINK I WILL BE GAY. Also you may be right about hell. I think all the pain and suffering you go through alive from illness and DRAMA. Is HELL.
wildhorses

Post by wildhorses »

southern yankee;1019635 wrote: that is why we are all so different. you just don't wake up one morning and say I THINK I WILL BE GAY. Also you may be right about hell. I think all the pain and suffering you go through alive from illness and DRAMA. Is HELL.

I agree yankee. So I wonder what it was that I did in my last life that was so bad to have me ending up here? lol.
southern yankee

wildhorses;1019639 wrote: I agree yankee. So I wonder what it was that I did in my last life that was so bad to have me ending up here? lol. who knows why any of us are here??

Return to “Christianity”