Zeus = Theus?

Discuss the Christian Faith.
iesous

Zeus = Theus?

Post by iesous »

The 47 [or more] wisemen hired by King James in 1611 wrote Eli-zeus in Luke 4:27 and Timo-theus (first epistle of Paul to Thessalonians)

Was "Theus" different to "Zeus"?

Was this "Zeus" different to the Greek "Zeus"?

How could those 47 wisemen agree in writing "Zeus" (Theus)?

The reader must know that the english grammarians did a lot of changes in the writing and sounding of words in order to hide a lot of evil things

I invite the reader to take off the "holyness" of the bible (any version) and go through it deeply separating the "holy" from the "unholy" (Ieremias 15:19); this "holyness" has blinded the heart and mind of many sincere people, you must stop that obscure "holyness"; remember the real sources were destroyed by the Vatican, and any Bible read today comes from the Vatican, be KJV, NIV, VULGATE, and any other. Remember that Constantine commanded Eusebius to produce 50 different PERversions of the Catholic Bible.
chonsigirl

Zeus = Theus?

Post by chonsigirl »

I read my Bible in Greek and Hebrew, not a translation. The words Theos and Zeus are spelled differently in Greek.
Ted

Zeus = Theus?

Post by Ted »

iesous:-6

Your last paragraph flies in the face of the historical facts concerning the compilation of the Bible. We did not have the autographs. They had long ago disappeared or more likely disintegrated due to age.

The Bible as we have it today was compiled out of hundreds of documents from various parts of the early church. There were many copies of Matthew for instance and they each had variations. In fact among the New Testament manuscripts there are some 400 000 variants. "Misquoting Jesus", Bart Ehrman. The fact is we do not know if we have exact copies of the originals. It is probable that we do not. Even the early church made changes in the scriptures for various reasons; some positive and some negative.

These documents were from various churches throughout the east. In 376 the Vatican as such did not even exist. What were destroyed by the early church were the gnostic writings. However, with the discovery of the hidden Nag Hammadi scrolls some of those were preserved.

Shalom

Ted:-6
Ted

Zeus = Theus?

Post by Ted »

BTW Chonsi has answered the question about Zeur=theus.

Shalom

iesous

Zeus = Theus?

Post by iesous »

Ted;643664 wrote: BTW Chonsi has answered the question about Zeur=theus.

Shalom

I know about "DIOS", "ZEUS" and "THEOS" in greek characters, but I don't know what "THEUS" is, and if the sound is equal or different to "ZEUS". In latin appears "DEUS" which I suspect that the sounding of "DEUS"="THEUS"="ZEUS"
Ted

Zeus = Theus?

Post by Ted »

theus is a form of theos which is a word for "a god". pg317, "Greek English Lexicon", Liddell and Scott.

I am somewhat puzzled by the whole issue. Often there is no direct translation but what, I suppose, we could call an equivalent. Iesous in Greek is a translation of the Hebrew "Yeshua" which is the name Joshua which was a very common name in the first century.

When we puzzle over the meaning of a specific word we totally ignore the message it is giving. Add to that some 400 000 variants in the New Testament documents used and we cannot even be sure that the author used any specific word. The important question is "What does a passage mean?". If one wants to be totally accurate then we must call Jesus of Nazareth "Yeshua".

Shalom

Ted

Zeus = Theus?

Post by Ted »

To suggest that God the Father (Mother) etc would no know what we are talking about is to suggest that God is either stupid or ignorant. This is not one of the characteristics that I would apply to the Divinity.

Shalom

iesous

Zeus = Theus?

Post by iesous »

Ted;643663 wrote: iesous:-6

Your last paragraph flies in the face of the historical facts concerning the compilation of the Bible. We did not have the autographs. They had long ago disappeared or more likely disintegrated due to age.

The Bible as we have it today was compiled out of hundreds of documents from various parts of the early church. There were many copies of Matthew for instance and they each had variations. In fact among the New Testament manuscripts there are some 400 000 variants. "Misquoting Jesus", Bart Ehrman. The fact is we do not know if we have exact copies of the originals. It is probable that we do not. Even the early church made changes in the scriptures for various reasons; some positive and some negative.

These documents were from various churches throughout the east. In 376 the Vatican as such did not even exist. What were destroyed by the early church were the gnostic writings. However, with the discovery of the hidden Nag Hammadi scrolls some of those were preserved.

Shalom

Dear TED, there are two great history: The real one and the prepared by a very great diabolic machinary, let's listen the high satanist Manly P. Hall

" Freemasonry is a fraternity within a fraternity -- an outer organization concealing an inner brotherhood of the elect ... it is necessary to establish the existence of these two separate and yet interdependent orders, the one visible and the other invisible. The visible society is a splendid camaraderie of 'free and accepted' men enjoined to devote themselves to ethical, educational, fraternal, patriotic, and humanitarian concerns. The invisible society is a secret and most August [defined as 'of majestic dignity, grandeur'] fraternity whose members are dedicated to the service of a mysterious arcannum arcandrum [defined as 'a secret, a mystery']." [Hall, Lectures on Ancient Philosophy, p. 433]

In the visible one you should find masonry, jesuits and most of secret societies are very young; for instance, you don't find public records of the Jesuits before the 1500 and the same with the others, however in the invisible part exist records that only know the very high initiated in the mysteries, just take for grant the words of Pike

"Masonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism, and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be mislead; to conceal the Truth, which it calls light, and draw them away from it." [Morals and Dogma, p. 104-5, 3rd Degree]

If you read Pharsalia of Lucanus, and others Documents about Celts and Druids for sure you should find "HESUS" and would then understand that Druids were not others that Hesuits (Jesuits); "VATICANUS" appears to be a very recent name in the visible side, but no so in invisible side. Do you know the secret [real] name of Rome?

If you read Revelation 17 you should understand that the angel is speaking of a very ancient "city", as ancient as before the flood.

The Bible as we have it today was compiled out of hundreds of documents from various parts of the early church.

In fact among the New Testament manuscripts there are some 400 000 variants.

If you consider the real reason for the hot persecution and destruction undertaken by the Romans Popes-Caesars, by the Sinagogues of Satan, for sure you should find thar was to destroy the original sacred hebrew scripture and the real books of the evangelio. "THOSE VARIANTS" means that the "invisible Rome" through the "visible Rome" had already destroyed the original ones, for sure one can not know how much of the original still remained at the first centuries, I copy for you the order of Constantine to Eusebius

(333 AD) Letter of Constantine to Eusebius on the preparation of the copies of the Scriptures.

Synopsis: Orders fifty copies with directions as to style.

“VICTOR CONSTANTINUS, MAXIMUS AUGUSTUS, to Eusebius.

“It happens, through the favoring providence of God our Savior, that great numbers have united themselves to the most holy church in the city which is called by my name. It seems, therefore, highly requisite, since that city is rapidly advancing in prosperity in all other respects, that the number of churches should also he increased. Do you, therefore, receive with all readiness my determination on this behalf. I have thought it expedient to instruct your Prudence to order fifty copies of the sacred Scriptures, the provision and use of which you know to be most needful for the instruction of the Church, to be written on prepared parchment in a legible manner, and in a convenient, portable form, by professional transcribers thoroughly practiced in their art. The catholicus of the diocese has also received instructions by letter from our Clemency to be careful to furnish all things necessary for the preparation of such copies; and it will be for you to take special care that they be completed with as little delay as possible. You have authority also, in virtue of this letter, to use two of the public carriages for their conveyance, by which arrangement the copies when fairly written will most easily be forwarded for my personal inspection; and one of the deacons of your church may be intrusted with this service, who, on his arrival here, shall experience my liberality. God preserve you, beloved brother!”.

(Preserved in Eusebius of Caesarea’s Life of Constantine 4:36, Theodoret’s Ecclesiastical History 1:15, and Socrates’ Scholasticus’ Ecclesiastical History 1:9)
Ted

Zeus = Theus?

Post by Ted »

Stonehenge was built 2800 BCE and 1800 BCE. It is impossible that it was built by the Jesuits. This order did not exist when Stonehenge was built.

Far too many people look for hidden and mysterious groups to explain what they cannot understand. These groups do not exist except in the minds of a few. One good example is the whole idea of "Satan". Satan was an invention borrowed by the Hebrews from the Mesopotamians and was designed to explain the evil in the world. The word "Satan" is really just the personification of all that is evil. The whole concept of Satan has a negative effect on people because it gives them a scapegoat for their misbehaviour. It goes like this. I didn't want to do ??? but Satan made me. This is nothing more than a total abdication from ones personal responsibility for their behaviour.

The Druids were the earlier form of the Celtic religion. They eventually turned to Christianity and have contributed much to the history of our faith and worship.

The book of "Revelation" is a letter written, apparently, by someone named John. It is a major complaint to the churches about the Roman Empire. In "Revelation", and scholars are fairly much in agreement with this, Rome is renamed Babylon which is a reference to the exile to ancient Babylon. The real meaning of "Revelation" would have been understood by those to whom it was written but that has long since disappeared into history. It is not a prophetic book predicting events at some great distance in the future. That is a total misreading of the book.

The Good News of Jesus of Nazareth was the advent of the "Kingdom of God" in the then here and now.

The Roman Catholic Church became the official church of the Roman Empire under Constantine in 380.

Before the Roman Catholic Church was created there were many churches throughout the known world that did not necessarily agree with each other. Even then there were various denominations just as in the time of Jesus there were many Judaisms and not just one. It was this plethora of churches and the hand copying of ancient texts that created the variation in the documents as well as a multitude of documents not included in the Bible. We do have access to those documents. They are printed in books on that topic.

The Roman Church has its problems and presents problems to others who are not of the same belief. However, it is not the evil organization that others would make it out to be. All these secret documents hidden in the Vatican archives to be hiding the truth from the world is just another myth.

Shalom

iesous

Zeus = Theus?

Post by iesous »

Ted;643817 wrote: The Roman Catholic Church became the official church of the Roman Empire under Constantine in 380.

Dear Ted, Constantine was as Pontifix Maximun as Iulio Caesar, and for sure Caesar was not the first Pontifex Maximun,

Annum agens sextum decimum patrem amisit; sequentibusque consulibus Flamen Dialis destinatus dimissa Cossutia

This "Flamen Dialis" was a very ancient office, DIA is a short for "DIABOL", which was a Chananite word for "DEVIL", in it the "D" was just a mark, a kind of the three dots used by some masons; in that case - DIA - the sound was reduced to just "IA", which in sumerian appears as EA, Gilgamesh belonged to the line of priests of "IA", when one follows carefully the traces, then one understands that the words

The invisible society is a secret and most August [defined as 'of majestic dignity, grandeur'] fraternity whose members are dedicated to the service of a mysterious arcannum arcandrum [defined as 'a secret, a mystery']." [Hall, Lectures on Ancient Philosophy, p. 433]

have real meaning, "arcannum" here means "very ancient". And if one is still pay a little attention one finds that the names are the same: "JAH", "YAH", "IAH", "IA", "EA", "DIA", let's read the words of Socrates in Cratulus

[396a] pankalôs to onoma keisthai: esti de ou rhaidion katanoêsai. atechnôs gar estin hoion logos to tou Dios onoma, dielontes de auto dichêi hoi men tôi heterôi merei, hoi de tôi heterôi chrômetha-- hoi men gar “Zêna,” hoi de “Dia” kalousin--suntithemena d' eis hen dêloi tên phusin tou theou, ho dê prosêkein phamen onomati hoiôi te einai apergazesthai. ou gar estin hêmin kai tois allois pasin hostis estin aitios mallon tou zên ê ho archôn te kai basileus tôn pantôn. sumbainei oun orthôs

Which in english is

[396a] for the name DIOS is exactly like a sentence; we divide it into two parts, and some of us use one part, others the other; for some call him Zena (Zêna), and others Dia (Dia); but the two in combination express the nature of the god, which is just what we said a name should be able to do. For certainly no one is so much the author of life (zên) for us and all others as the ruler and king of all.

If one still goes beyond, Josephus, speaking of the Babulonos Tower, gave us the following testimony:

Hestiaios legôn houtôs: “tôn de hiereôn tous diasôthentas ta tou Enualiou Dios hierômata labontas eis Senaar tês Babulônias elthein.”

This "Enualiou Dios" is not other than Ares, which was known as HESUS Mars. The "H" here sounds as the spanish "J", which means that "HESUS=JESUS".

de Vries, Jan. Keltische Religion. Stuttgart, Germany: W. Kohlhammer, 1954. Trans. David Fickett-Wilbar (and much appreciated!)

p. 97: "Hesus Mars is placated thus: men are suspended in trees even until the parts of the leg have separated."

one can not but say with Solomon: "nothing is new under the sun"

The facts that many charge their responsabilties to "SATAN" it doesn't mean that Satan doesn't exist, that is a constant through the whole human history recorded and not recorded, statistically speaking, Satan is certain, its original meaning was "enemy", based on the sentence:

15 And I will put enmity

between you and the man,

and between your offspring [a] and hers;

he will crush your head,

and you will strike his heel."
Ted

Zeus = Theus?

Post by Ted »

I have studied under many scholars. I've learned translation and interpretation in both Hebrew and Greek as well as Biblical history. I'm not sure where you are coming from but I will stick with recognized scholarship and cannot buy into the theory of making myth into historic reality.

Do I believe in Satan? Absolutely not. He was an early invention to explain evil. We no longer need that. I will admit there are mysteries in the world the greatest of which is the Divinity.

The Bible is a book composed of myth, legend, folk tale, poetry, short story, fiction, philosophy, theology and a few kernels of history spread throughout. It was never intended to be read as historical fact. It is primarily a religious book and is to be read as such. Profound truths can be taught in many forms not just historical accuracy.

If you choose to buy into the ancient myths as history, then go for it. I have no problem with that. It is your right to do so. I cannot.

I believe in getting on with the life the Divine was kind enough to give me and will follow where the Holy Spirit leads.

Shalom

Ted

Zeus = Theus?

Post by Ted »

BTW I tried to log into the 123 Christian Forum. I received an email thanking me for registering and the administrator would let me know when my account was open. That was about 2 weeks ago and I've heard nothing. I'm not surprised. A while back I logged into some other Christian forum that was positively revolting. I told them so and left. I suspect these groups exchange information. I doubt I will hear from 123 again. LOL

They are all alike.

Shalom

freethinkingthuthseeker

Zeus = Theus?

Post by freethinkingthuthseeker »

Ted;643817 wrote: iesous:-6

Stonehenge was built 2800 BCE and 1800 BCE. It is impossible that it was built by the Jesuits. This order did not exist when Stonehenge was built.

Far too many people look for hidden and mysterious groups to explain what they cannot understand. These groups do not exist except in the minds of a few. One good example is the whole idea of "Satan". Satan was an invention borrowed by the Hebrews from the Mesopotamians and was designed to explain the evil in the world. The word "Satan" is really just the personification of all that is evil. The whole concept of Satan has a negative effect on people because it gives them a scapegoat for their misbehaviour. It goes like this. I didn't want to do ??? but Satan made me. This is nothing more than a total abdication from ones personal responsibility for their behaviour.

The Druids were the earlier form of the Celtic religion. They eventually turned to Christianity and have contributed much to the history of our faith and worship.

The book of "Revelation" is a letter written, apparently, by someone named John. It is a major complaint to the churches about the Roman Empire. In "Revelation", and scholars are fairly much in agreement with this, Rome is renamed Babylon which is a reference to the exile to ancient Babylon. The real meaning of "Revelation" would have been understood by those to whom it was written but that has long since disappeared into history. It is not a prophetic book predicting events at some great distance in the future. That is a total misreading of the book.

The Good News of Jesus of Nazareth was the advent of the "Kingdom of God" in the then here and now.

The Roman Catholic Church became the official church of the Roman Empire under Constantine in 380.

Before the Roman Catholic Church was created there were many churches throughout the known world that did not necessarily agree with each other. Even then there were various denominations just as in the time of Jesus there were many Judaisms and not just one. It was this plethora of churches and the hand copying of ancient texts that created the variation in the documents as well as a multitude of documents not included in the Bible. We do have access to those documents. They are printed in books on that topic.

The Roman Church has its problems and presents problems to others who are not of the same belief. However, it is not the evil organization that others would make it out to be. All these secret documents hidden in the Vatican archives to be hiding the truth from the world is just another myth.

Shalom

Dear Ted

having observed some interesting posts from you since joining this forum and only checking in when I have plenty of free time over the last year or so I am now wondering what is your belief system.

if you truely believe that there is no satanic forces, how for example do you explain people who suffer with clinical mental health issues, serial murderers, peadophiles and rapists? As for your quote of erkharts contradictions in the gospels, I hope you realize that his statistic of 400.000 errors is by no means a genuine mean average on the works of the gospel writers which rather distorts the validity of his claims somewhat to put it mildly. His examples of his self glorifying utube posts amplyfy his selective critique of the Gospels of Jesus whilst ignoring the Beautiful clean Spiritual lessons and fulfillment of many OT prophecies of all that jesus did and stated as a man on earth.

Like the average wage figure here in the UK appears to be relatively high it is skewed by the few mega earners on millions of pounds per day to make the overall picture of everyday life look healthy when the vast majority earn less than 5000 per year! a cheap statistical trick

I expected better from you, Erhart is easy to see through when you see him in debate with Christians.

As for the OT MYTHYS idea have you no respect for the Jewish faith too?

what are you

Im beginning to suspect you are a uniterian, the worst possible compromise

God bless you

Return to “Christianity”