Transcend at this year’s International Worship Institute.

Discuss the Christian Faith.
worship2

Post by worship2 »

Seeking the next level of worship? Transcend at this year’s International Worship Institute.

Worshipers and leaders from around the world, different generations and denominations, different races and cultures with many styles and forms of worship in one place.

Many Worship Streams. One People. One Place.

WHEN: July 3-6, 2007

WHERE: Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, Grapevine

MORE INFO:worshipinstitute.com
NotToday

Post by NotToday »

magenta flame;624667 wrote: :wah: Gaylord:wah: :wah:

sorry It had to be said,,,,,, Gaylord focker!

ahem sorry it's out of my system now

carry on:lips:

LMAO, magenta, you crack me up!

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax, and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein
Ted

Post by Ted »

magenta:-6

That is a good one. Good observation. LOL

Shalom

Ted:-6
Ted

Post by Ted »

I find that the name of this institute and its advertising somewhat misleading. It would appear that this has nothing to do with a multi faith experience and is nothing more than an evangelical/fundamentalist Christian group.

Shalom

Ted

Post by Ted »

Far Rider:-6

I find it somewhat offensive that a group would have a title that implies or otherwise hardly fits what it really is. It would have been more appropriate to read as "Christian International Worship Institute" or even more appropriate "Fundamentalist Christian International Worship Institute". After all there are other Christians in the world besides the fundamentalists.

Shalom

spot

Post by spot »

Here's some quotes about the things they get up to:“Worship is first and foremost for His benefit, not ours, though it is marvelous to discover that in giving Him pleasure, we ourselves enter into what can become our richest and most wholesome experience in life.” Graham Kendrick p. 58 A True Heart for Worship by LAmar Boschman

“Our entire being is fashioned as an instrument of praise. Just as a master violin maker designs an instrument to produce maximum aesthetic results, so God tailor-made our bodies, souls and spirits to work together in consonance to produce pleasing expressions of praise and worship. When we use body language to express praise, that which is internal becomes visible.” Don McMinn p.60 A True Heart for Worship by Lamar Boschman

What would you say if I told you that worship is the most important thing a Christian can do? You might come back with the response that evangelism is the most important thing we do as Christians. We are told to go and tell.

http://www.experiencingworship.com/arti ... he-p5.html

My attitude, I think, is "who can possibly admire such a vain God?". What sort of supreme being is so self-centred that "God tailor-made our bodies, souls and spirits to work together in consonance to produce pleasing expressions of praise and worship"? I have no praise for Him but I have a stack of questions, most of which have an accusatory tone. He wants to try me at a bar of justice someday? The feeling's entirely mutual.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Ted

Post by Ted »

spot:-6

I can certainly agree with your comments above. The author of that article is like all Christians, he picks and chooses willy nilly what he wants to emphasize in the Bible and it is that which most appeals to him based on his personal experiences.

He speaks of the need to worship being inborn. Actually many has always been searching for the ultimate reality and it has absolutely nothing to do with worship. Though some folks feel exhilarated or elevated by worship. With that I have no problem.

His comment that the most important thing we can do as Christians is worship. This is totally contrary to Matt. 25 where we are told to care for the sick, clothe the naked etc.

A careful reading of the first two commandments clearly indicates only that we are not to worship other gods. Here again he takes what he likes from it.

His comments re marriage are simply not true. There are many folks around the world who are very happily married both of some faith and no faith. Once again he tells us what he wants to based on his own experiences. That is like telling me what I experienced and then trying to explain it when the individual telling me has no idea what I experienced.

He says "Developing a close relationship with the Lord is all that he desires." He must have missed Micah 6:8 where we clearly told what God requires of us: "Do justice, love kindness and walk humbly with your God.

I'm not going to read the rest past the first page. It's simply not worth the time.

Shalom

Return to “Christianity”