The Option of being good and bad

Discuss the Christian Faith.
Reb185

Post by Reb185 »

I would like to know why I should conduct myself properly and behave, rather then just be an outright jerk that lies, cheats and steals at every corner. I know we are all imperfect and I'm not not going to necessarily be the above, but, I would like some enlightenment from you all on this subject because I tell ya...I notice a lot of people aren't so "nice" and it shocks me how these such people can get ahead in life. Seems like the people who try to have their head on straight are perceived as "second" to a group of people who have no decency at all and indulge in all kinds of debauchery. No, this post wasn't made to garner pity, but, to hear your thoughts and....yes I am envious you can say, I don't think it's fair.

Also different reasons then going to hell, that is the most obvious.
Reb185

Post by Reb185 »

Oh I know it. I somtimes wonder why it's stressed so much to behave, when the people that often say such things secretely behind closed doors are taking advantage of people. This post is also not to garner pity or anything, I just want to know.
Reb185

Post by Reb185 »

haha it's all good man, at least your honest. Hopefully sometime I will get a meaningful answer from ya, I hope to earn my stripes hehe
Lon

Post by Lon »

It's called CHOICE Reb. We all have the opportunity to choose the way we speak, write and conduct ourselves, and then await the repurcussions. If we don't like the repurcussions, then it's best we change.
guppy

Post by guppy »

you make your own choices in life..i live my life by my choices and values...by the values that allow me to sleep at night...and be able to look myself in the mirror and not be ashamed....:-6
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

I think there are many people who are out for a fight - you can fight with them or just ignore. If that is all they want why humour them. You won't find any like that here - they are all wonderful people and anyone who wishing to pick a fight should just move on cos it aint happin here!
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Don't waste your time envying people like that. What goes around...comes around. You may not be around to see that moment when they look in the mirror and finally see themselves as they really are. You cannot control their lives, so just concentrate on your own. As long as you know you are doing the right thing, the best that you can do, and treating people the way you want to be treated, you are doing just fine in this life. There's only one "you", and you may feel like just another face in the crowd.......but you are unique. Look yourself in the mirror and smile.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Obviously the Christian message is the answer to your question but that is not what you want to hear.

I think that we owe it to ourselves to act with decency and honour as much as we possibly can. Not to the point of being a doormat or being cuckolded at every turn but to be able to say that we have strived to be the best person that we can possibly be.

We all fail at times, we all get angry, jealous, tired, resentful etc but those are our human qualities, they are what makes us the people we are.

I firmly believe that a life lived at the expense of others has little reward, material things are not what count - there are no pockets in shrouds.
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Ted

Post by Ted »

Reb:-6

The best reason I can give is the maintenance of my own personal integrity.

I do like what both Pinky and along have said as well.

Shalom

Ted:-6

Return to “Christianity”