Lord, I gotta problem...

Discuss the Christian Faith.
weinbeck

Lord, I gotta problem...

Post by weinbeck »

I don't know whether this has already received coverage, but is it wrong to pray about financial matters? What I'm asking, is is God remotely interested in people's seemingly mundane everyday problems like paying the mortgage, the phone bill, the rates etc? Is it wrong to ask for God's help in these matters? Am I in fact being selfish when I ask for His help while I struggle to make ends meet?:-3
abbey

Lord, I gotta problem...

Post by abbey »

Surely if it gives you strength it can't be wrong?:-6
SOJOURNER

Lord, I gotta problem...

Post by SOJOURNER »

weinbeck;530636 wrote: I don't know whether this has already received coverage, but is it wrong to pray about financial matters? What I'm asking, is is God remotely interested in people's seemingly mundane everyday problems like paying the mortgage, the phone bill, the rates etc? Is it wrong to ask for God's help in these matters? Am I in fact being selfish when I ask for His help while I struggle to make ends meet?:-3

We are told to put all things in His hands. Praying is never wrong. However, 'listening' for His answer is even more important.
WonderWendy3

Lord, I gotta problem...

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Ask and you shall receive.

God wants you to trust in him in EVERYTHING!:-6
weeder

Lord, I gotta problem...

Post by weeder »

Praying never hurts... but I believe " God helps those who help themselves" So while praying, I try to put some kind of plan into action.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
RedGlitter

Lord, I gotta problem...

Post by RedGlitter »

Weinbeck, I don't think it's wrong to pray about anything. I have heard some people say it's wrong to trouble God about "little" things but I am not of that mindset. I think God is there for us no matter what our problems are. That's my opinion. :-6
Ted

Lord, I gotta problem...

Post by Ted »

It seems to me that God wants what is best for human kind. Thus I see nothing wrong with such prayers. God will respond as He will.

Shalom

Ted:-6
Nomad

Lord, I gotta problem...

Post by Nomad »

weinbeck;530636 wrote: I don't know whether this has already received coverage, but is it wrong to pray about financial matters? What I'm asking, is is God remotely interested in people's seemingly mundane everyday problems like paying the mortgage, the phone bill, the rates etc? Is it wrong to ask for God's help in these matters? Am I in fact being selfish when I ask for His help while I struggle to make ends meet?:-3

In my opinion God doesnt exist for such matters. I personally dont believe God is intuitive in these regards. I believe Gods inclinations abound in a broader sense of earthly and heavenly matters.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Elvira

Lord, I gotta problem...

Post by Elvira »

WonderWendy3;530726 wrote: Ask and you shall receive.

God wants you to trust in him in EVERYTHING!:-6

Ok - so I should go to the bank and ask for a £10K loan for a world cruise?

I'll tell them you said so! :wah:
WonderWendy3

Lord, I gotta problem...

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Elvira;537212 wrote: Ok - so I should go to the bank and ask for a £10K loan for a world cruise?

I'll tell them you said so! :wah:

Ummm...okay...:wah:

You do that...I'm saying this with a smile on my face...the bank and I, myslef are not GOD!!....but go ahead...:-6
WonderWendy3

Lord, I gotta problem...

Post by WonderWendy3 »

pompom;537208 wrote:

LOVE IT!!:driving:

Return to “Christianity”