The Second Coming

Discuss the Christian Faith.
OpenMind

The Second Coming

Post by OpenMind »

charles_r51 wrote: maybe they don't know what a bad word is.:lips:

sorry i took so long to reply, but i've been out of town- fishing for little swimming things. know what i mean?

Wassat? Winnows?:D
charles_r51

The Second Coming

Post by charles_r51 »

OpenMind wrote: Wassat? Winnows?:D

nope, water-spiders. they're more meaty and you can catch'em with your hands, if your fast enough. but you gotta be careful, cuz you might fall in and get all wet!then you gotta get all dressed again.;) :D
OpenMind

The Second Coming

Post by OpenMind »

charles_r51 wrote: nope, water-spiders. they're more meaty and you can catch'em with your hands, if your fast enough. but you gotta be careful, cuz you might fall in and get all wet!then you gotta get all dressed again.;) :D

That would be very inconvenient if you haven't got a change of clothes with you.

I've never come across water-spiders. Do they spin webs in the water?
charles_r51

The Second Coming

Post by charles_r51 »

OpenMind wrote: That would be very inconvenient if you haven't got a change of clothes with you.

I've never come across water-spiders. Do they spin webs in the water?

wet clothes do tend to get water in the pockets and ruin the bait. spiders don't like wet bread crumbs. the do spin webs, but they throw them at minnows to snare them. after that, they try to skin 'em and descale 'em. lastly, they roll 'em in the breadcrumbs and fry 'em until they're golden brown and eat 'em with tartar sauce.:D :p ;)
OpenMind

The Second Coming

Post by OpenMind »

charles_r51 wrote: wet clothes do tend to get water in the pockets and ruin the bait. spiders don't like wet bread crumbs. the do spin webs, but they throw them at minnows to snare them. after that, they try to skin 'em and descale 'em. lastly, they roll 'em in the breadcrumbs and fry 'em until they're golden brown and eat 'em with tartar sauce.:D :p ;)

They sound useful to have around while fishing then.

Well, I'm off to do my daily duty to the economy.:D
charles_r51

The Second Coming

Post by charles_r51 »

OpenMind wrote: They sound useful to have around while fishing then.

Well, I'm off to do my daily duty to the economy.:D

they are. and they taste good, too. you just have to chase off the frogs.

i quit doing my duty to the economy cuz it didn't do anything for me.:D :guitarist
OpenMind

The Second Coming

Post by OpenMind »

charles_r51 wrote: they are. and they taste good, too. you just have to chase off the frogs.

i quit doing my duty to the economy cuz it didn't do anything for me.:D :guitarist

Charles, I would quit too, but it'll do even less than nothing if I did.
charles_r51

The Second Coming

Post by charles_r51 »

OpenMind wrote: Charles, I would quit too, but it'll do even less than nothing if I did.

i understand. i didn't have any choice in the matter. my health went away and never came back. i live on chemicals and plastic parts. but at least i can still think. at least i think so, but i've begun to wonder avbout that ,too! oh well. back to old boob tube for my daily dose of idiocy. :lips: :-4 :-4
OpenMind

The Second Coming

Post by OpenMind »

charles_r51 wrote: i understand. i didn't have any choice in the matter. my health went away and never came back. i live on chemicals and plastic parts. but at least i can still think. at least i think so, but i've begun to wonder avbout that ,too! oh well. back to old boob tube for my daily dose of idiocy. :lips: :-4 :-4

There's nought wrong with your brain, Charles. And you've got spirit. It's always an honour, an education, and a laugh to banter with you.:-6
charles_r51

The Second Coming

Post by charles_r51 »

OpenMind wrote: There's nought wrong with your brain, Charles. And you've got spirit. It's always an honour, an education, and a laugh to banter with you.:-6

i know somethings wrong upstairs, my wife tells me so. and my shrink, and my kids, and everybody i run into (literally) on the street. they always ask me if i'm blind or just nuts. i just laugh it off with "both". just don't take me to seriously cuz i'm pretty smart. and i got the diploma from the wacky university to prove it. i even went to the campus one day to get my diploma. it cost me two dollars, plus copy fees of 35 cents, and a postage stamp to authenticate it. they wanted a dollar for a notary stamp, but i only had bus fare to get back to iowa. that set me back 50 cents, twice.:D :-4
OpenMind

The Second Coming

Post by OpenMind »

charles_r51 wrote: i know somethings wrong upstairs, my wife tells me so. and my shrink, and my kids, and everybody i run into (literally) on the street. they always ask me if i'm blind or just nuts. i just laugh it off with "both". just don't take me to seriously cuz i'm pretty smart. and i got the diploma from the wacky university to prove it. i even went to the campus one day to get my diploma. it cost me two dollars, plus copy fees of 35 cents, and a postage stamp to authenticate it. they wanted a dollar for a notary stamp, but i only had bus fare to get back to iowa. that set me back 50 cents, twice.:D :-4

If there's anything wrong with your brain, I've never detected it. I'd have never known there were any other problems if you hadn't said.

Get a bigger motor. These people you run into would make more effort to make way for you.:D
charles_r51

The Second Coming

Post by charles_r51 »

OpenMind wrote: If there's anything wrong with your brain, I've never detected it. I'd have never known there were any other problems if you hadn't said.

Get a bigger motor. These people you run into would make more effort to make way for you.:D

i had a bigger motor but the gas price was so high i traded it in for tricycle. not many people get out of the way when i ring the bell. they just look around like dummies and then i run them over. oops.:-5 :D
Supersilly@rse

The Second Coming

Post by Supersilly@rse »

Ted wrote: One of the issues we have never addressed is the second coming of the Christ. Nor have we addressed the issues of the history behind that particular statement of faith. As a statement of faith it cannot be proven or disproved but it does deserve a spot in discussion.

Shalom

Ted

I think that the reason this has been so seldom discussed is because many people feel that the 'first coming' has not been adequately addressed/ proven?

par example - the da Vinci Code is a FANTASTIC book, but does rely very heavily on us accepting the fact that there is a bloodline to follow.......
OpenMind

The Second Coming

Post by OpenMind »

charles_r51 wrote: i had a bigger motor but the gas price was so high i traded it in for tricycle. not many people get out of the way when i ring the bell. they just look around like dummies and then i run them over. oops.:-5 :D

Then they probably deserve it. Dummies are for knocking over anyway.:wah:
Ted

The Second Coming

Post by Ted »

Supersilly:-6

Historian and Biblical scholar Bart Ehrman has addressed the Da Vinci thingy quite well in his book "Fact and Fiction in "The Da Vinci Code". If you are at all interested it is a worthwhile read.

Shalom

Ted:-6
charles_r51

The Second Coming

Post by charles_r51 »

Supersilly@rse wrote: I think that the reason this has been so seldom discussed is because many people feel that the 'first coming' has not been adequately addressed/ proven?

par example - the da Vinci Code is a FANTASTIC book, but does rely very heavily on us accepting the fact that there is a bloodline to follow.......

not fact. but a possibility. remember it is fiction and his use both facts and fiction is what makes the book a go0d read. i don't accept all of his fictional statements p0osing for fact, but i do understand his purpose. that is to sell an entertaining book. the wide range of criticism from the religious community did nothing more than increase its commercial success, and not keep people from reading it, which was the intent of the criticism. he used some actual facts, some supposed facts, anbd much fictionalization of historical occurances to come up with an excellant book, but it did not change or affirm anyones particular religious beliefs, though many in the religious community claimed it would and that it was based on lies and innuendo and not supported by dogma which is just as wrong as anything else. doghma proves nothing, but presumes to impose a great deal. as to whether a bloodline exists, i think it a possibility, but i don't require it to be a fact in ordewr to come to a conclusion. the da vinci code book does so, but it is also a fictional story and should be viewed as such. :-4 :-4
charles_r51

The Second Coming

Post by charles_r51 »

OpenMind wrote: Then they probably deserve it. Dummies are for knocking over anyway.:wah:

but they kinda hard on my fenders. they even make scrathces in the paint and i have to get out the watercolors just about every day.:D :driving:
charles_r51

The Second Coming

Post by charles_r51 »

Ted wrote: Supersilly:-6

Historian and Biblical scholar Bart Ehrman has addressed the Da Vinci thingy quite well in his book "Fact and Fiction in "The Da Vinci Code". If you are at all interested it is a worthwhile read.

Shalom

why was there such an proar anyway? can't anyone just read a book now, or shouldwqe go back to the age when the church told us everything and we were supp0osed to accept it as gospel?

oh, hi ted, haven't heard much from you lately.:-4
Ted

The Second Coming

Post by Ted »

charles:-6

Ehrman, as a scholar, was asked by his publisher to address the issue. In doing so he pointed out how the writer has misinterpreted, distorted and misuesed history. It was done I believe to counter the fact that many folks were reading this novel as if it contained a lot of bona fide history.

Shalom

charles_r51

The Second Coming

Post by charles_r51 »

Ted wrote: charles:-6

Ehrman, as a scholar, was asked by his publisher to address the issue. In doing so he pointed out how the writer has misinterpreted, distorted and misuesed history. It was done I believe to counter the fact that many folks were reading this novel as if it contained a lot of bona fide history.

Shalom

but it was the blending i found most entertaining. why people would take it as factual seems rather a lame excuse to damn the writer's work. there doesn't seem much difference than was done rto rushdie over his book, though noit so extreme an order.

it seems that whenever someone writes a fictional account of history and historical characters, someone else has to cause an uproar because one or two people find it "blasphjemous". how stupid can people really be, after all? doesn't anyone have the ability toi think for themselves? why should a few have so much control over what people should be allowed to read and have some opinion on when the writer deliberately writes a fictional account of a historical period or series of events.

is all we are to read just the "fun with dick and jane" type books, or can we read something which challenges the status quo, or the dogma of history?:-4
Ted

The Second Coming

Post by Ted »

Charles:-6

I remember Dick and Jane and Spot and Puff and I think it was Sally.

Actually Ehrman has good comments to make on "The Da Vinci Code" as a novel. People were concerned that people, in spite of its classification were taking the apparent history seriously.

There is nothing wrong with it as a novel. I've heard so much about it and seen so much on TV about the book that I've never bothered to read it. I read 3/4 of "Demons and Angels" and becoming bored with it I returned it to its owner. Or was that "Angels and Demons". Something like that anyway.

I can certainly agree with your comments on Rushdie. Knowing how the right wing Muslims are, he could probably have anticipated the reaction. Look at what has happened with the publishing, in Denmark, of some simple cartoons.

Shalom

charles_r51

The Second Coming

Post by charles_r51 »

Ted wrote: Charles:-6

I remember Dick and Jane and Spot and Puff and I think it was Sally.

Actually Ehrman has good comments to make on "The Da Vinci Code" as a novel. People were concerned that people, in spite of its classification were taking the apparent history seriously.

There is nothing wrong with it as a novel. I've heard so much about it and seen so much on TV about the book that I've never bothered to read it. I read 3/4 of "Demons and Angels" and becoming bored with it I returned it to its owner. Or was that "Angels and Demons". Something like that anyway.

I can certainly agree with your comments on Rushdie. Knowing how the right wing Muslims are, he could probably have anticipated the reaction. Look at what has happened with the publishing, in Denmark, of some simple cartoons.

Shalom

i read angels and demons. not a very good book but highly critical of somethings without much real substance. read da vinci and saw the film, both were interesting, but again, a good deal of fictionization of history and figures involved. ala in all, though, worth the read. never read rushdie, nor saw any of the danish cartoons, but when the uproar over south park happened, i got mad. i love that show because it offends anyone and everyone at one ti,me or other, it really makes me mad when they edit it just because some mullah doesn't like it when they make fun. but they really arre hypocritical because they are always willing to denmigrate others but can't take it. it just shows how afraid everyone is about the muslims and are being led by the nose to stay that way.:driving: :D
Ted

The Second Coming

Post by Ted »

I saw the cartoons on the net. I went looking. You are right about dishing it out and not being able to take it.

When I saw the cartoons I thought it was rather silly to make such a fuss over that. I've seen worse depictions of Christian things. None it bothers me. I feel pretty certain that God couldn't care less about such antics as cartoons.

I often wonder if God, Allah etc. is so powerful then He really doesn't need the human race to fight for His cause. He could look after that Himself. I believe it has little to do with religion and everything to do with power. I've read parts of the Qur'an and the fundamentalists are hardly reflecting what I've read. And I do respect the Qur'an as a sacred book to the Muslims and have no problem with that.

Good grief, one of the terrorist cells here in Canada were planning to behead the prime minister. What utter nonsense. As of yet we have not had a terrorist attack on our soil but the "Air India" disaster was one perpetrated on Canadian soil. Just another useless rightwing goup who have nothing better to contribute to human kind other than cowardly acts.

Shalom

charles_r51

The Second Coming

Post by charles_r51 »

I saw the cartoons on the net. I went looking. You are right about dishing it out and not being able to take it.

When I saw the cartoons I thought it was rather silly to make such a fuss over that. I've seen worse depictions of Christian things. None it bothers me. I feel pretty certain that God couldn't care less about such antics as cartoons.

I often wonder if God, Allah etc. is so powerful then He really doesn't need the human race to fight for His cause. He could look after that Himself. I believe it has little to do with religion and everything to do with power. I've read parts of the Qur'an and the fundamentalists are hardly reflecting what I've read. And I do respect the Qur'an as a sacred book to the Muslims and have no problem with that.

Good grief, one of the terrorist cells here in Canada were planning to behead the prime minister. What utter nonsense. As of yet we have not had a terrorist attack on our soil but the "Air India" disaster was one perpetrated on Canadian soil. Just another useless rightwing goup who have nothing better to contribute to human kind other than cowardly acts.

Shalom

having tried to read the koran or however one spells the stupid word, i found to much anger in some parts but that's just my opinion and not a reflection on whether it is pr isn't religious. the same can be said of many christian writings so i dare not cond3emn one or the other and don't. i do see much hypocrisy, and mis-use of various teachings thoiugh. buddhism, shintoism, confusionism, sikhism and a myriad of other ideas don't alwayts ref;ect what is seen especially by those wqho are outside the particular belief.

but the sensless violence of those who would impose their belief is tragic for those on both ends. violence begets violence, peace begets peace and everything in between. it's truly unfortunate that so many prefer to act out their frustrations with one idea by glorifying their own indifference to the suffering in theirown and inflicting it on others.

i have a friend who was raised a christian in lebanon. he told me that the main reason he and his family left was because the muslim populace would just as soon kill you as look at you, if yoiu were a non-muslim. it is this indifference to life as a whole which is the greatest impediment to a stable middle east. they create instability and then blame others for their troubles. :driving: :-4
nvalleyvee

The Second Coming

Post by nvalleyvee »

Ted wrote: One of the issues we have never addressed is the second coming of the Christ. Nor have we addressed the issues of the history behind that particular statement of faith. As a statement of faith it cannot be proven or disproved but it does deserve a spot in discussion.

Shalom

Ted

According to different religions.............Christ is not the ONLY prophet........

Could you possibly aknowledge more that one prophet from God? Maybe God spoke throught several people.......I know that happened................do not talk to me about a one true savior.............If if fact there is one true God...............he/she spoke through many vessels in this world. So we are allowed many belief systems on this Earth.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
charles_r51

The Second Coming

Post by charles_r51 »

nvalleyvee wrote: According to different religions.............Christ is not the ONLY prophet........

Could you possibly aknowledge more that one prophet from God? Maybe God spoke throught several people.......I know that happened................do not talk to me about a one true savior.............If if fact there is one true God...............he/she spoke through many vessels in this world. So we are allowed many belief systems on this Earth.

you point is well taken. even christianity claims having many prophetrs. many other religions have their prophets, or enlightened ones or whatever you want to label them. that's all it is anyway is a label. a study of religions from many places and diverse cultures will always be a point of contention by some, and a learning experience for others. but it is the source of the belief that matters, not the content, when trying to understand the people who follow it. jesus is a source and should be looked at as such when learning about christianity, just as buddha and mohammed must be studied as the sources for buddhism and islamism.:-4
Ted

The Second Coming

Post by Ted »

nvalleyvee:-6

Interesting thoughts. I personally believe that God has spoke to many different folks from many different cultures. If He is to be understood than He must speak in a way that these different folks can understand.

As a Christian pluralist I accept the validity of all the great faiths of the world. God has a thousand or more names.

Shalom

Ted

The Second Coming

Post by Ted »

I concur. Good post.

We do not have to denigrate anothers faith in order to build our up. Unfortunately many figure that is what they have to do.

Shalom

charles_r51

The Second Coming

Post by charles_r51 »

I concur. Good post.

We do not have to denigrate anothers faith in order to build our up. Unfortunately many figure that is what they have to do.

Shalom

far too many. fortunately, there are enough who seek truth and knowledge to help others see that what they believe about something they have never learned can be very much an enriching experience. others, however, would rather shove one belief down the throats of people to cause more strife than can ever be prevented from creating and fomenting discord between the various beliefs. mayhap one day that will change, but something very drastic will have to happen first.

many faiths have some concept of an end of days, so that may be it, but i personnaly believe that it will be far more different than so many christian evangelicals are claiming is happenning. maybe some violent earth changes, or other physical earth disruptions will make humanity start working together instaed of being at each oothers' throats all the time.:-5
nick1289

The Second Coming

Post by nick1289 »

Hello Ted, have you ever heard of the biblical calender of history? It's a study that goes to 2011-12. The earth was created about 13,000 years ago. It uses the birth and death ages of the ones who were given to count as a calender.

Well if you'd like to read about it it is at

worldwide.familyradio.org/zusa/graphical/literature/calendar/calendar_contents

and

timehasanend.org/public/en_time_has_an_end_ch03.html

Thank you.

Ted wrote: Bryn Mawr:-6

sullivan-county.com/nf0/y2k/bible_ca.

220 Dates for the End of the world!!! Date Setters!

You might indeed find this an interesting site. An interesting read.

Shalom

Ted

The Second Coming

Post by Ted »

nick:-6

Welcome to the forum.

With the actual age of the earth being somewhere around 5 billion years I'm not too interested in a document that is contrary to reality.

Thanks.

Shalom

nick1289

The Second Coming

Post by nick1289 »

Yeah, it's contrary because it's in the bible. It isn't to be trusted, unless God saves you.

:)
Ted

The Second Coming

Post by Ted »

That is a misreading of the Bible. The Bible gives no age for the earth. Science has clearly shown that it is at least 5 Billion years old.

Shalom

nick1289

The Second Coming

Post by nick1289 »

Yeah you're right, it doesn't say the age of the earth as a sentence or verse. It gives the information of time lines like, Israel was in bondage for 430 years and etc. and the times of peoples reigns. Rightly adding it all up lets us say it goes back that far. I hope that helps the topic.
Ted

The Second Coming

Post by Ted »

I don't think that adding anything, in the Bible, up is going to give anything close to an accurate account.

I think that I have a far different view of the Bible than you do.

Shalom

nick1289

The Second Coming

Post by nick1289 »

Then why have a topic on the bible regarding time?

Ted wrote: nick:-6

I don't think that adding anything, in the Bible, up is going to give anything close to an accurate account.

I think that I have a far different view of the Bible than you do.

Shalom

Ted

The Second Coming

Post by Ted »

The fact of the matter is the Bible is a very important book to all Christians. It has some profound truths to teach and some great wisdom to hand on to future generations.

Shalom

buttercup

The Second Coming

Post by buttercup »

missed ya ted :-4
Ted

The Second Coming

Post by Ted »

buttercup:-6

Thanks.

Shalom

buttercup

The Second Coming

Post by buttercup »

you know i dont believe at all but i really respect that you do, your alright ted :D
Ted

The Second Coming

Post by Ted »

buttercup:-6

Thanks.

Many of the things you don't believe in I probaly do not believe in either.

Shalom

buttercup

The Second Coming

Post by buttercup »

like the off licence/liquor store is not really closed at this time of night :-3

sweet dreams ted :-6
DrJ

The Second Coming

Post by DrJ »

Ted;367630 wrote: Rain:-6

Welcome. Good to have you aboard.

There is a great group here but be advised they all speak their minds clearly and concisely. Many times one simply has to agree to disagree.

The only comment I care to make at the moment is concerning your interpretation of sacred scripture. The Bible is a book composed of many smaller works of writing. It is composed of myth, legend, folk tale, poetry, short story, fiction and very little history.

It was not a book written to be taken literally. It is mostly midrash or if you wish a more modern term parable. Midrash was an ancient style of both writing and interpreting sacred scripture and it made a great deal of use of metaphor. It is not and never was intended to be read literally or to be an history book. It is primarily and religious book and must be taken as such.

Without an understanding of the history, culture, language, fund of knowledge, belief systems and their conceptualization ability it is clearly impossible to interpret what the writers intended. If one does not study these one is in fact reading the Bible blindly.

To add to that when the canon of scripture, NT at this point, was put together there were many copies of of each of the "books". And there were many differences among these copies; 400 000+ variants. Thus we do not even have exact copies of the autographs and without further discoveries can expect to get no closer than we are today.

Shalom

Do Re Mi Fa so la ti doooooooooooooooo!

Do the Math!

List all things taught that separate you from Christ...

List all things that you have in common with a human named Messiah!

List all things you think possible to achieve in this world....

What is true about the religions of that time,, that isn't true today?

What differences do you comprehend now,,, that wasn't possible then?

Would you believe your pregnant daughter was still a virgin?

Would you believe the child over your Christian belief?

Why wouldn't you jump on the bandwagon to crucify,,,,

if he/she did not agree with your picture of God's reality?

What if God sent a daughter? BLASPHEMY!!!!

The anti-christ will come in the name of Christ,,,

don't any find it interesting that this was written,,

long before Christianity was formed?

So dark,,, the con of mannnnnnnnnnnnn!

Now wouldn't that be a shadowy maze to get thru in life,,,

even for a Messiah! Bwahahahahahahaha!

And tho,, I walk thru the valley,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Forgive them father,,they know not,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:-6:-6:-6
Ted

The Second Coming

Post by Ted »

DrJ:-6

[ ?]

Shalom

watermark

The Second Coming

Post by watermark »

Ted;367409 wrote: One of the issues we have never addressed is the second coming of the Christ. Nor have we addressed the issues of the history behind that particular statement of faith. As a statement of faith it cannot be proven or disproved but it does deserve a spot in discussion.

Shalom

Ted

Hi-

That's strange how this wasn't brought up before concerning Christianity. This is what people place their faith in as Christians, at least the Christians I've kinown. This is the crux of the faith. There can be no debate or discussion about the second coming because within the mind and heart of the believer it's already decided. One can call it heaven too. At least that's my observation.

Mayans are another people who kept track of when the end of the world would occur. Not sure if they were Christions. Probably wrong time period. :D

From what I can see all religions try to foresee what's gonna happen. I think they wanted or want to prepare themselves in order to be safe in their lives. They fear the unknown and it's a reassuring thing to know what's gonna happen.

Erin
Ted

The Second Coming

Post by Ted »

watermark:-6

Within the emerging paradigm of Christianity we have come to realize that the "Second Coming" is a statement of faith. It is neither provable nor disprovable. It is a matter of faith. Personally I happen to accept the second coming but any descriptions in the Bible concerning that event are, by nature of the topic, purely metaphor. We do not know what is going to happen. Such discussion is beyond human language or human comprehension. To see it otherwise is to make God too small and reduce the Divine to the human level.

Shalom

watermark

The Second Coming

Post by watermark »

Ted;875929 wrote: watermark:-6

Within the emerging paradigm of Christianity we have come to realize that the "Second Coming" is a statement of faith. It is neither provable nor disprovable. It is a matter of faith. Personally I happen to accept the second coming but any descriptions in the Bible concerning that event are, by nature of the topic, purely metaphor. We do not know what is going to happen. Such discussion is beyond human language or human comprehension. To see it otherwise is to make God too small and reduce the Divine to the human level.

Shalom

Ted,

Nothing can stay the same way forever. Obviously the second coming could mean a million different things to that many people. By saying the Bible's account is a metaphor means the change could represent all these different interpretations. Not that I disagree, it's just that some take the meaning very narrowly and some broadly.

Some peole fight over the meaning. Some would kill and die over the meaning. Some verbose people just talk about it and make everyone else paranoid about the event. I've watched educated people who look like leaders of a particular faith talk about the future as if they have conferred with God and have been given instruction on how to counsel others in the spiritual realm over such matters.

Now Christians have become environmentalists (when previously they couldn't have cared less) all in the name of their faith and their position to be saved when the second coming occurs. Not necessarily to make heaven on earth or anything but in order to place themselves righteously when the time comes.

Erin
Ted

The Second Coming

Post by Ted »

Watermark:-6

I can agree with what you are saying. That however is only one part of Christianity. Many of them would not even recognize me as a Christian of which I couldn't care less. For me Jesus is Lord and God or the Divine if you wish is the creator.

To make the Christian faith a living faith and to make the Bible a living book it must be interpreted in light of our present situation and knowledge which is much advanced over the writers.

In some ways today there are now two Christianities the traditional which only dates back some 400 years and the emerging paradigm.

Shalom

DrJ

The Second Coming

Post by DrJ »

DrJ;874504 wrote: Do Re Mi Fa so la ti doooooooooooooooo!

Do the Math!

List all things taught that separate you from Christ...

List all things that you have in common with a human named Messiah!

List all things you think possible to achieve in this world....

What is true about the religions of that time,, that isn't true today?

What differences do you comprehend now,,, that wasn't possible then?

Would you believe your pregnant daughter was still a virgin?

Would you believe the child over your Christian belief?

Why wouldn't you jump on the bandwagon to crucify,,,,

if he/she did not agree with your picture of God's reality?

What if God sent a daughter? BLASPHEMY!!!!

The anti-christ will come in the name of Christ,,,

don't any find it interesting that this was written,,

long before Christianity was formed?

So dark,,, the con of mannnnnnnnnnnnn!

Now wouldn't that be a shadowy maze to get thru in life,,,

even for a Messiah! Bwahahahahahahaha!

And tho,, I walk thru the valley,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Forgive them father,,they know not,,,,,,,,,

My point is,,,, we get no understanding from any religion about this higher power we all feel the need to understand,, unless you choose to accept any one certain definition or phrase....

It seems as if it is fine to believe anything that gets us thru the day, so in my mind getting thru the day must be the more important reality..

Whose to say we got a true understanding second hand,, third hand,, maybe more,, the message has problems people just can't face at times,, I guess my belief system has been shaped by circumstances beyond my control,, so I can't help but think this definition of a "second coming" may need more shaping as well.

I have to say,, I would not be surprised in the least that when I die I am so overwelmed with a reality that "The Christ Story" was just one sign of the potential of all humans,, one sign among many delivered for the sole purpose of advancement of the human spirit,,,

The truth is so definitive,,,2+2=4,,,

Death comes to all,, no matter the belief one holds,, so calling on an understanding for this has to come from within, in my opinion, but not something we have to worry about not learning,,,

Christ came,,, no one believed him,,, How could that happen?

Christ comes again,,, Think you will believe this time?

What if the message doesn't jibe,,

with the version of the story we have been told?:guitarist

It is nice to discuss,, this story of stories.../

Now if we could just understand one another in a world divided,,,,,,,,,,

:-6,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:-6..................:-6.............................:-6.........................:-6

Return to “Christianity”