Yeah, The Rich ARE getting Richer!

Big Business, Small Business, Investments, and Personal Finances
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Been thinking quite a bit about the recent “Occupy Wall Street” campaign in the States and the demonstrations outside St. Paul’s in London. With the recent events in Egypt, Libya, Syria in mind I kind of found myself starting to sympathise with the unwashed masses … the hoi polloi so to speak. I have never ever been in favour of, nor supported the anarchist cause, but lately?

Top of the range Bankers awarding themselves a 49% salary increase in the midst of a global recession, Presidents taking delivery of jet airliners costing more than a gazillion ordinary workers lifetime take home pay? WTF.

Not to even mention the really, really obscene rich like the Bill Gates, Warren Buffetts, Bernard Arnaults, Lakshi Mittals, Amancio Ortegas of the world who count their wealth in BILLIONS … oh and Mexico Slim whose fortune is estimated at 74 billion US$. What do these guys do with this kind of bucks?

Anyway, I was gonna say that in the good old days when men were men and women were double breasted, things were like different. Then I came upon some research I had done on Mary Pickford, a Canadian born motion picture actress who operated 1905–1933

(But I will put up her facts in a separate thread after this.)

Point is … point is, maybe the Stones were right, cos it could come to this soon:

“Everywhere I hear the sound of marching, charging feet, boy

Cause summers here and the time is right for fighting in the street, boy!”

Lyrics … Street Fighting Man. Jagger/Richards.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
gmc

Post by gmc »

they don't right good protest songs any more do they.

Born In The U S A Lyrics. - YouTube

I sure I read somewhere republicans don't realise the significance of the lyrics and wanted to use it as theme song.

Politicians used to be frightened of the people rising up against them mybe we've ;et them become complacent
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

gmc;1373862 wrote: they don't right good protest songs any more do they.

Born In The U S A Lyrics. - YouTube

I sure I read somewhere republicans don't realise the significance of the lyrics and wanted to use it as theme song.

Politicians used to be frightened of the people rising up against them mybe we've ;et them become complacent

That? As a Republican Theme song?

Turns out I've misunderstood them all these years!

Return to “Wall Street to Main Street”