This Is The Famous Hotel Du Cap in the South of France.

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Gerald and Sara Murphy, a young American couple who had expatriated to France in the 1920s, once rented the hotel for an entire summer, a unique event for the era as the French Riviera was not a summer destination at the time, but a winter escape for the wealthy. With the Murphys came many legendary writers and artists of the Lost Generation, including F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway. The hotel was for many years famously known for not accepting any kinds of credit cards. Cash only was accepted though most guests wired money ahead of their stay.

(See First Reply.)
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Since you're a fan of Marilyn Monroe's, here's a link to the beautiful Hotel Del where they filmed some of "Some Like It Hot".

Hotel del Coronado - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Hey! Thanks Snooze ... I really appreciate anything I can learn about Miss MM!

Return to “Photography More”