The First Pictures of Snowflakes

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
tabby

Post by tabby »

The perfect symmetry of such random creations is amazing to me and I love these photographs. As I scanned down the page, I was reminded so much of a kaleidoscope and half expected the shapes to morph into new & varied albeit white & gray shapes.

Great photographs in their time and very innovative of Mr. Bentley while using some fairly unsophisticated equipment by our current standards.

Still waiting on some snow here ... so far it's been a no-show!

The First Pictures Of Snowflakes EVER
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

tabby;1415853 wrote: The perfect symmetry of such random creations is amazing to me and I love these photographs. As I scanned down the page, I was reminded so much of a kaleidoscope and half expected the shapes to morph into new & varied albeit white & gray shapes.

Great photographs in their time and very innovative of Mr. Bentley while using some fairly unsophisticated equipment by our current standards.

Still waiting on some snow here ... so far it's been a no-show!

The First Pictures Of Snowflakes EVER

Beautiful - the level of detail when he caught them before the melt started is fantastic.
tabby

Post by tabby »

Here are a few more snowflake close-ups ... beautiful.

Macro Photos of Individual Snowflakes �TwistedSifter

Return to “Photography More”