posting photo's

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
Rain

posting photo's

Post by Rain »

I have a great shot I took of the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse a couple years ago and would like to share it with you all, but I don't know how to make it small enough. Advice?
RedGlitter

posting photo's

Post by RedGlitter »

I'm not sure either, Rain, but someone once mentioned www.tinypic.com to me. I wonder if that would help? :confused:
Rapunzel

posting photo's

Post by Rapunzel »

I would have thought the easiest way was to write a reply and scroll down to 'manage attachments' before posting. 'Manage attachments' will open up your pictures file and allow you to scroll through and click on your picture of choice. Then click on 'upload' and 'submit reply'. It makes the pic appear as a small square pic in your post, so you don't blow the margins, but we can click on it and enjoy it in all its uncropped glory!

Clear as mud, huh? :rolleyes:
Rain

posting photo's

Post by Rain »

Thanx friends. I'll check these out and see which one is the easiest for me. :)

Okay, so I used that Irfanview and though I was able to (I think) make my photo smaller... I followed the directions to save it and make it a JPEG, but... where is it?? Can't find it. So... I'll give another one a try (sighing)
Rain

posting photo's

Post by Rain »

ok... trying again on here.......
Rain

posting photo's

Post by Rain »

Rapunzel;540001 wrote: I would have thought the easiest way was to write a reply and scroll down to 'manage attachments' before posting. 'Manage attachments' will open up your pictures file and allow you to scroll through and click on your picture of choice. Then click on 'upload' and 'submit reply'.

Clear as mud, huh? :rolleyes:

ARG!!! :mad: :-5 I just don't understand why this isn't working either.
WonderWendy3

posting photo's

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Rain, I had this same problem and I always need to re-size the pics...if you don't have a program on your computer that you can do this, I suggest photobucket...you have to register, but it's free, and you upload your pics there and then you can copy the link and then post them on here...alittle figuring out, but it works...

;)
Rain

posting photo's

Post by Rain »

Hhmmm, maybe that's my problem. I have a homestead acct. Maybe I'll try Rapunzel's idea and upload it from there. brb..... Nope, still too big for when you all click on it.............. going to try photobucket. Here's hoping.

Okay, so... I did the photobucket thing... Now how can I post the photo here for you all to see it??
Rain

posting photo's

Post by Rain »

testing. Okay, I think I got it. Buruther!

I was visiting my daughter on the OBX and woke up early one morning to catch the sun rising over the Atlantic ocean. Being a west coaster, I'd never seen that b4. So I was happily videoing the sun rise and wondered what was happening behind me. To my amazement, there was this HUGE rainbow gigantically towering over the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. I snapped this photo and named it God-vs-Lighthouse. The lighthouse is dwarfed quite literally. It was breath taking.

Attached files
Rain

posting photo's

Post by Rain »

never mind.
Fibonacci

posting photo's

Post by Fibonacci »

Nice Pic!
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Rain

posting photo's

Post by Rain »

Thanx. Had a heck of a time figuring this all out. But photo bucket seemed to work.

I thank all of you for the help. :)
RedGlitter

posting photo's

Post by RedGlitter »

Good job, Rain. That photo is stunning! Hatteras is my favorite lighthouse too. ;)
Rain

posting photo's

Post by Rain »

Mine too. We live where there's tons of them, but this one is the coolest. Have you ever been there?
Rain

posting photo's

Post by Rain »

Thanx :) Took me forever. Could I do it again? Uh..... Hhmmm. not sure :rolleyes: lol

Return to “Photography More”