Good cameras?

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
faisalahmed

Good cameras?

Post by faisalahmed »

Well here is my story. I've never really been into photography or anything of that nature. But my dad decodes about 2-3 years ago that he doesn't want to pay 800-1000 for a professional photographer to take pictures at my sisters Quincenera. So he goes out and buys a Sony DSLR a100.

https://productz.com/en/sony-alpha-dslr ... tal-camera

I tried to learn what I could and took some pictures but I'd like to learn how to take better pictures with this thing.

I'm thinking of buying another camera and was wondering if this one is good or should I look into another camera. Any info would be great.
spot

Good cameras?

Post by spot »

Any working camera is better than the person using it. Replacing a working camera is not ever going to make better photos. Improving the photographer is how.

What comes from a more expensive camera is bragging rights for poseurs.

How you make yourself a good photographer is you get yourself a £50 Android phone and then you practice, with a photography training website or a book to provide advice. When you've taught yourself to be a good photographer you'll know enough to choose a camera. You might decide weight is the most important thing, or sturdiness. Every new camera on today's market has a better lens, better shutter, better exposure control, better speed range, better resolution, than any professional photographer had in the 20th century with the exception of Ansel Adams who carried a camera the size of his granny to push his resolution to an extreme.

A pre-digital camera used to be a lifetime investment - each of mine lasted at least 30 years. Today you might anticipate a ten year life, much as you would for a computer. Cameras are now throw-away commodities with the resale value of a pair of shoes.

Give a good photographer any camera off the shop shelf and you'll see amazing photos. When you choose, ask what's important to you. Would you like it to fit invisibly in a pocket or take up a flight case? Are you a portrait artist or capturing architecture?

As for willie-waving, there's one camera guaranteed to win... the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

Welcome to ForumGarden.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
tude dog

Good cameras?

Post by tude dog »

faisalahmed;1522835 wrote: Well here is my story. I've never really been into photography or anything of that nature. But my dad decodes about 2-3 years ago that he doesn't want to pay 800-1000 for a professional photographer to take pictures at my sisters Quincenera. So he goes out and buys a Sony DSLR a100.

https://productz.com/en/sony-alpha-dslr ... tal-camera

I tried to learn what I could and took some pictures but I'd like to learn how to take better pictures with this thing.

I'm thinking of buying another camera and was wondering if this one is good or should I look into another camera. Any info would be great.

I was resistant to digital cameras but broke down and bought a Sony DSLR a200. Still learning to adjust for exactly what I want to get out of it, but the good thing I ain't spending money of film and developing. Go out shoot, connect to the computer, see what you get. Keep or delete what you like.

Good luck.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
LarsMac

Good cameras?

Post by LarsMac »

Sony makes some very nice Consumer cameras that are within reach of the average budget, and turn out a nice photo

I bought my wife one of the those Mavica digtial with the 3.5" disk for storage. we still have it. It seems pretty clunky by today's standard.

I also have a little CyberShot that I picked up in Beijing about 2010 when my old carry about decided to stop working. It is a decent pocket camera.

I bought an HX400v a couple months ago, and it has become my basic carry around camera. This thing is pretty amazing. goes from 22 mm Macro to 1200 mm telephoto in seconds. And the quality of the pics has been fabulous.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Good cameras?

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1522878 wrote: I bought an HX400v a couple months ago, and it has become my basic carry around camera.

That looks very good value, I'm amazed it can be put on the market at that price.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Good cameras?

Post by LarsMac »

both the images below were taken from the same spot, different day auto focus, with with focal length being the only change.

Flatiron

Old Tree

The Moon looks pretty good for a small hand-held.

Dontcha think?

Moon
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Photography More”