Hi Everyone

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
kazalala

Hi Everyone

Post by kazalala »

HI there,, hope you are all well :)

thought i would pop by for a while see whos still around and whats going on.

Me? Im now a nana threefold! My sons wife gave birth to twin girls ( Bobby and Olive )past July and my daughter had a baby girl ( Francesca May) in October :D They are obviously amazing of course and i am just loving being a big part of their lives,, i helped out a lot with the twins as they were a bit prem and so small,, but now i have them with me for a whole day at least once a week with the odd sleepover. Francesca i see quite often as i normally see my daughter often anyway and they always come for Sunday lunch. she dont really want to hand her over for one day a week yet on a regular basis as she is enjoying her too much and making the most before she has to go back to work. But i do get to babysit quite randomly and i have had her for a sleepover and booked in for a couple more soon :-4 Its her christening tomorrow for which i bought her dress,, i cant stop buying stuff i think im going to need to get a job haha.

i myself am doing ok, although i have been a bit unwell for quite a while now, but i think they finally have found the issue which is under-active thyroid and im hoping meds are gonna kick in a lot better soon.

Anyway, come and say hi and let me know whats going on in your world :)

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Bruv

Hi Everyone

Post by Bruv »

Don't think we have been introduced.

I am a virtual new boy, looking at your join date anyway.

Welcome to the world of grand parenthood much better than parent hood.......you get to send them back when you are fed up.

Somebody you know will be along soon I am sure.

Edit.......I joined shortly after you......forget the new boy bit.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Betty Boop

Hi Everyone

Post by Betty Boop »

Ooooh hello there Kaz, welcome back, sounds like you are having a great time with all the grandchildren.

Hope you get your health issues sorted now, nothing worse than shuffling along not feeling quite right, know that feeling well, have been an un-diagnosed celiac for years now and when I get a reaction it knocks me for six!

I'm currently in Royal Wootton Bassett visiting my God-daughter and her ten week old baby Freddie and his big brother Oliver.

Enjoy the Christening tomorrow :-6
Patsy Warnick

Hi Everyone

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Congrats on all the healthy beautiful babies.

welcome back

Patsy
G#Gill

Hi Everyone

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up chuck !!!! Good to see you on FG after so long away ! I'm not on FG every day, but I do pop in from time to time to see how things are going and maybe post on a couple of threads, and of course have a play in the arcade :wah: Sorry to hear you've not been very well, but glad you say that you may have had the problem sorted, and hopefully with a bit of medication.

Crumbs, Kaz, you have suddenly become very pre-occupied with quite an increase in the tribe !! Well done to all concerned and congratulations !!! You're obviously enjoying being a nana ! ;)

It's going to be fun for your grandchildren growing up together, with them being similar ages ! Are the twins identical ? They'll be heart breakers when they get in their teens, with having such good-looking parents ;) :wah: And I've no doubt your daughter's little one will grow into a bobby dazzler too. Perhaps you should send out a warning poster to the town's 2 year old boys ! :D

How's your hubby, Kaz, I hope he is OK and keeping well. Have you still got your tourer ? That is something that I really miss - our static caravan. We had so many holidays in it, nipping over to Norfolk every month for a week at a time ! It got so expensive trying to find the annual site rent, and I'm sure we would still have the static now had the greedy park owners not upped the rent so astronomically. We realised shortly after we had sold our static, that the intention was to get all the older statics off the site and build loads of lodges in their place. Ah well, maybe they will over-stretch themselves and go bust !

Any way, Kaz, we're fine although the years have caught up with the joints, and I have COPD (all the smoking I did ! Glad I gave up over 6 years ago !) - I don't do old :wah: Our son is working away but we hear from him quite often and he seems to be fine too.

I don't know whether you know that we have another dog. We adopted Jessica from our local RSPCA animal shelter and she's a wonderful animal - so intelligent. She is a first cross German Shepherd/Collie and is a very pretty honey/sandy colour all over. She had been left in a house with another similar type of dog, for at least 3 weeks before a neighbour called the police and the RSPCA because of all the howling day and night. Apparently the owner, a youngish man had been jailed and there was a mix up over a message about two dogs left in his house, so nobody took responsibility for them till the neighbour complained. :rolleyes:

It would seem that they were probably on the verge of eyeing each other up for the next meal ! Jessica was very thin when we went to find a dog, and were told that she and the other dog had been in their care for a month and they were feeding them both up. Jessica was born in 2010 and we adopted her in 2012, so she is 6 years old now and an absolute love !!! :-4 How is your Sheila by the way, I hope she's OK.

I hope you pop back again soon, Kaz, I have missed you ! :yh_sigh :yh_smiley Take care.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
spot

Hi Everyone

Post by spot »

Hi Kaz, it's good to see you post again.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
kazalala

Hi Everyone

Post by kazalala »

Bruv;1506832 wrote: Don't think we have been introduced.

I am a virtual new boy, looking at your join date anyway.

Welcome to the world of grand parenthood much better than parent hood.......you get to send them back when you are fed up.

Somebody you know will be along soon I am sure.

Edit.......I joined shortly after you......forget the new boy bit.

Thanks :) Its been a good while since i was here on any regular basis. Pleased to meet you.

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Hi Everyone

Post by kazalala »

Betty Boop;1506833 wrote: Ooooh hello there Kaz, welcome back, sounds like you are having a great time with all the grandchildren.

Hope you get your health issues sorted now, nothing worse than shuffling along not feeling quite right, know that feeling well, have been an un-diagnosed celiac for years now and when I get a reaction it knocks me for six!

I'm currently in Royal Wootton Bassett visiting my God-daughter and her ten week old baby Freddie and his big brother Oliver.

Enjoy the Christening tomorrow :-6

HI Betty :) I have been on the meds now for just 4 weeks but starting to feel better already. Got to go back for more blood tests in another 4 weeks to see if its a good dose or not. Im not sure i know much about celiac? Is hat to do with Gluten? I know they are starting to do more and more gluten free stuff now. Its funny as you wil know, its not until you feel better that you realise just how bad you were.

The christening went off really well, although a bit strange the way it was done in the church they chose, but it was all good and a nice party afterwards.

Attached files

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Hi Everyone

Post by kazalala »

Patsy Warnick;1506834 wrote: Congrats on all the healthy beautiful babies.

welcome back

Patsy

Thank you Patsy :)

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Hi Everyone

Post by kazalala »

G#Gill;1506835 wrote: Ay up chuck !!!! Good to see you on FG after so long away ! I'm not on FG every day, but I do pop in from time to time to see how things are going and maybe post on a couple of threads, and of course have a play in the arcade :wah: Sorry to hear you've not been very well, but glad you say that you may have had the problem sorted, and hopefully with a bit of medication.

Crumbs, Kaz, you have suddenly become very pre-occupied with quite an increase in the tribe !! Well done to all concerned and congratulations !!! You're obviously enjoying being a nana ! ;)

It's going to be fun for your grandchildren growing up together, with them being similar ages ! Are the twins identical ? They'll be heart breakers when they get in their teens, with having such good-looking parents ;) :wah: And I've no doubt your daughter's little one will grow into a bobby dazzler too. Perhaps you should send out a warning poster to the town's 2 year old boys ! :D

How's your hubby, Kaz, I hope he is OK and keeping well. Have you still got your tourer ? That is something that I really miss - our static caravan. We had so many holidays in it, nipping over to Norfolk every month for a week at a time ! It got so expensive trying to find the annual site rent, and I'm sure we would still have the static now had the greedy park owners not upped the rent so astronomically. We realised shortly after we had sold our static, that the intention was to get all the older statics off the site and build loads of lodges in their place. Ah well, maybe they will over-stretch themselves and go bust !

Any way, Kaz, we're fine although the years have caught up with the joints, and I have COPD (all the smoking I did ! Glad I gave up over 6 years ago !) - I don't do old :wah: Our son is working away but we hear from him quite often and he seems to be fine too.

I don't know whether you know that we have another dog. We adopted Jessica from our local RSPCA animal shelter and she's a wonderful animal - so intelligent. She is a first cross German Shepherd/Collie and is a very pretty honey/sandy colour all over. She had been left in a house with another similar type of dog, for at least 3 weeks before a neighbour called the police and the RSPCA because of all the howling day and night. Apparently the owner, a youngish man had been jailed and there was a mix up over a message about two dogs left in his house, so nobody took responsibility for them till the neighbour complained. :rolleyes:

It would seem that they were probably on the verge of eyeing each other up for the next meal ! Jessica was very thin when we went to find a dog, and were told that she and the other dog had been in their care for a month and they were feeding them both up. Jessica was born in 2010 and we adopted her in 2012, so she is 6 years old now and an absolute love !!! :-4 How is your Sheila by the way, I hope she's OK.

I hope you pop back again soon, Kaz, I have missed you ! :yh_sigh :yh_smiley Take care.

Hi Gill :)

My hubby is fine thanks for asking.. he is still working although not as hard and we hope to bring that down even further if we sell the house and become mortgage free. WE have just sold our tourer,, someone who goes to classic car rally's wanted it to use just as a kip down when the journey is pretty long. Otherwise we probably couldn't have sold it as its practically antique! Although it still never had any damp and everything worked on it.

Yes i did know about your dog Jessie you had her when I still had TPV

I am absolutely thrilled to be a nana now, and they were all so well behaved yesterday, did us proud :) Francesca slept through the actual christening, even the hair washing bit haha!

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Hi Everyone

Post by kazalala »

spot;1506864 wrote: Hi Kaz, it's good to see you post again.

Thank you, I just might!

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Clodhopper

Hi Everyone

Post by Clodhopper »

I certainly remember seeing your name a lot in past times but don't think we talked much. I'm a recent returner too. Welcome back :)
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
kazalala

Hi Everyone

Post by kazalala »

Thanks Clodhopper, yes i remember you :)

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Betty Boop

Hi Everyone

Post by Betty Boop »

kazalala;1506893 wrote: HI Betty :) I have been on the meds now for just 4 weeks but starting to feel better already. Got to go back for more blood tests in another 4 weeks to see if its a good dose or not. Im not sure i know much about celiac? Is hat to do with Gluten? I know they are starting to do more and more gluten free stuff now. Its funny as you wil know, its not until you feel better that you realise just how bad you were.

The christening went off really well, although a bit strange the way it was done in the church they chose, but it was all good and a nice party afterwards.

Yes, I have to avoid both wheat and gluten its hard work sometimes, my safest place is at home where I know everything is free from contamination :wah: It's quite stressful eating at friends houses, they just don't get how debilitating it is. Last time I got contaminated I wasn't right for over three weeks, it's no joke feeling exhausted all the time along with the major flare ups of eczema that come with it. It's a bit like saying you suffer from ME, no one really believes its an issue :-1

Glad the christening went well, if a bit strange :-3 haha Good to hear your medication is working too and I totally get the not realising how ill you have been whilst struggling on assuming everyone must just feel like ****e as we age :lips:
LarsMac

Hi Everyone

Post by LarsMac »

Well, you were here for a bit when I joined up, but then you left. Welcome back.

I read a number of your old posts when threads got resurrected, and enjoyed them. Hope you're gonna be around for a while.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Hi Everyone

Post by magentaflame »

Now heres a blast from the past.....welcome back Kaz. And you look like youre busy too. Congrats on the grandkadiddlys. :)
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
minks

Hi Everyone

Post by minks »

well welcome back oldster :)

Grand babes are such fun.

I am the proud owner of 9 of the lovelies.

3 girls 6 boys. All amazing and all very special.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
G#Gill

Hi Everyone

Post by G#Gill »

I'm surprised that the doc didn't explain better about celiac and what changes in the diet are needed ! You can get leaflets about it, but maybe the most detailed explanation about celiac is probably on the internet.

My hubby's niece is a celiac and has been so for most of her life. I must say that I was totally unfamiliar with it till I met his niece, and she explained so much to me, not least the diet she has to keep to and to avoid all gluten stuff. She takes various things with her whenever she visits or goes away. She says it's much safer and less hassle that way.

It's quite right that many people do not appreciate the problems when one is a celiac, and consequently do not really treat the matter seriously. They don't seem to realise that giving a celiac the wrong food can cause illness and great discomfort. They can be laid up for days even weeks !

I'm so sorry to hear that you are likely to be a celiac, but fortunately, these days, there are appropriate medicines to minimise the problem and more and more grocery shops are getting knowledgeable about different diet needs and make a point of isolating various gluten free items and making them more visible. Also labeling food items as gluten free etc. At least suppliers are getting more au fait, like they are over vegetarian stuff, and things suitable for diabetics etc.

It is a bit iffy eating out if you have a food disorder, because there are a lot of places that have not taken the trouble to learn up about these things, even vegetarian things!

I can remember us visiting a 4 star restaurant in Norfolk (admittedly it was a few years ago now ), and we emphasised that our son was a strict vegetarian, so no animal products in his salad. The waitress brought our meal and placed it on our table for us, went away, and we started to eat. My son made a grunting noise and put his knife and fork on the plate - he had found that they had put prawns in his salad ! My hubby beckoned to the waitress and pointed out the prawns. "That's alright, sir, prawns are not meat, they are shell fish !" The manager was asked for, and he was told what had happened and that we needed to have a complete replacement salad but without the prawns, and to inform the waitress and the kitchen staff that prawns were meat ! Vegetarians do not eat food that has had a face or eyes ! We did inform that manager that we did not know how they managed to achieve 4 stars, when there was such ignorance in the kitchen ! He went off muttering under his breath but no apology!

Most of the other patrons in the room overheard what was going on and some looked a little apprehensive. My son's plate had been taken away, but when 10 minutes had gone by and waitresses had been in and out of the kitchen, and there was no replacement offered, we stood up to leave. My hubby put some money on the table and as we were leaving (we hadn't eaten half our meal either), the waitress came into the room serving somebody else, so we said we were disgusted with the ignorance of a so-called 4 star establishment. We added that we would not be returning and we would not be recommending them to any of our friends and acquaintances, and that we have left what we think was sufficient cash to cover the cost of what small amount of food we had eaten. We walked from the restaurant leaving the waitress with her mouth open and saw the manager appear, also with a look of amazement on his face.

We then headed for the nearest fish and chip shop ! My son ate chips and baked beans.

We did notice that the following year here was a sign up saying that that restaurant was under new management !

As I said earlier, this incident happened several years ago, so it is hoped that kitchen staff etc would have learned about different diets for different needs of their customers these days - it is to be hoped ! :rolleyes:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
kazalala

Hi Everyone

Post by kazalala »

Betty Boop;1506937 wrote: Yes, I have to avoid both wheat and gluten its hard work sometimes, my safest place is at home where I know everything is free from contamination :wah: It's quite stressful eating at friends houses, they just don't get how debilitating it is. Last time I got contaminated I wasn't right for over three weeks, it's no joke feeling exhausted all the time along with the major flare ups of eczema that come with it. It's a bit like saying you suffer from ME, no one really believes its an issue :-1

Glad the christening went well, if a bit strange :-3 haha Good to hear your medication is working too and I totally get the not realising how ill you have been whilst struggling on assuming everyone must just feel like ****e as we age :lips:

ohh must be such a pain not being able to eat out in comfort,, i would miss that so much. Dont know if i spoke too soon about the meds working :-3 been feeling like im back to square one these past two day, today walking the dog i swear i wouldnt have been surprised if i slowed down so much i just stopped ,, like a robot that the batteries had run out :wah: Think i worked it off cleaning ( got a house viewing tomorrow, fingers crossed) I will try wait it out till my next lot of blood tests tho in 4 weeks, give it bit more time.

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Hi Everyone

Post by kazalala »

LarsMac;1506939 wrote: Well, you were here for a bit when I joined up, but then you left. Welcome back.

I read a number of your old posts when threads got resurrected, and enjoyed them. Hope you're gonna be around for a while.

Thanks I am going to have a bit better look around on the forum soon and hopefully post a couple of topics,, be warned though I am quite often a lover of the fluffy post :)

magentaflame;1506951 wrote: Now heres a blast from the past.....welcome back Kaz. And you look like youre busy too. Congrats on the grandkadiddlys. :)

Thanks Good to see you!

minks;1506952 wrote: well welcome back oldster :)

Grand babes are such fun.

I am the proud owner of 9 of the lovelies.

3 girls 6 boys. All amazing and all very special.

Hi Minks :) wow 9! They must keep you busy alright :lol:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Betty Boop

Hi Everyone

Post by Betty Boop »

kazalala;1506974 wrote: ohh must be such a pain not being able to eat out in comfort,, i would miss that so much. Dont know if i spoke too soon about the meds working :-3 been feeling like im back to square one these past two day, today walking the dog i swear i wouldnt have been surprised if i slowed down so much i just stopped ,, like a robot that the batteries had run out :wah: Think i worked it off cleaning ( got a house viewing tomorrow, fingers crossed) I will try wait it out till my next lot of blood tests tho in 4 weeks, give it bit more time.

Ditto, I'm shattered, I know I had a four hour drive yesterday so that might make me tired but this is different. I have been glutened, feel like I could sleep for a week, dragging myself around to get things done. That's the last time I eat at that particular friends house :-5. Doesn't matter how many times I explain people just don't get the problem of cross contamination, just one crumb of anything containing wheat or gluten will affect me and they are great fans of chopping things up on a worktop, never use a chopping board or a plate to prepare food on, bleeuurrggghhh it's all just basic hygiene if I'd known how she prepares food I would have made excuses and not eaten there at all. :-1

Good luck with the house viewing, get the bread on and the coffee brewing :wah:
kazalala

Hi Everyone

Post by kazalala »

Betty Boop;1506983 wrote: Ditto, I'm shattered, I know I had a four hour drive yesterday so that might make me tired but this is different. I have been glutened, feel like I could sleep for a week, dragging myself around to get things done. That's the last time I eat at that particular friends house :-5. Doesn't matter how many times I explain people just don't get the problem of cross contamination, just one crumb of anything containing wheat or gluten will affect me and they are great fans of chopping things up on a worktop, never use a chopping board or a plate to prepare food on, bleeuurrggghhh it's all just basic hygiene if I'd known how she prepares food I would have made excuses and not eaten there at all. :-1

Good luck with the house viewing, get the bread on and the coffee brewing :wah:

ohh,, why dont they just do all gluten free to be sure? My daughter in laws family do loads gluten free and i think all christmas dinner is as she has a cousin who needs to avoid it.

Im thinking of making a lemon drizzle loaf, i made one last week with a new recipe i found and its the best i have ever tasted! :D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Hi Everyone

Post by kazalala »

Thought i would stick an update here and means i get to moan and bitch at the same time:mad:

As i have mentioned i was diagnosed with under active thyroid and put on thyroid meds. Had my blood tests last week to check the levels and decide if the dose is right and then had my docs appointment yesterday to discuss the results. Well i was feeling so ill and in so much pain lately im totally sick of myself, so i was completely stunned when she told me my levels are fine now and the dose is ok. :thinking: I practically broke down however embarrassed i was. Honestly im in pain more or less all over, its pain and stiffness in my joints and muscles. So for now she has ordered more blood tests ( I think for Rheumatoid Arthritis) and given me some tablets for the pain. It was bad enough i should have to be on thyroid meds for life but i got over it and its only one little pill each day. But these for the pain are normally diagnosed as an anti depressant but are used in small doses for chronic pain. Im really not keen , i have only taken one last night and already feel a bit spaced out and tired today, So its a choice between pain or being zombie :-5

Has anyone here got RA or someone in their family? how do you/they cope and what meds if any are they on?

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
LarsMac

Hi Everyone

Post by LarsMac »

My sister in law had some pretty severe reactions to the thyroid meds she was first prescribed. Joint pain, I am pretty certain, was part of it.

Don't just take the Doc's word for it. make him/her do their proper research.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Hi Everyone

Post by spot »

RA is vile, my mother had it. I've no idea how it can be successfully treated, hers certainly wasn't.

To the best of my knowledge it's an auto-immune response to something but I could very easily be wrong. The only treatments I've heard of - the ones they used on her - seem to be as much mumbo-jumbo as a doctor of medicine might have used in the sixteenth century. Take the hair of a recently-dead mouse and boil it in nettle juice, that level of medicine.

You'd not want to know how poorly my mother coped, it would depress you.

The bright side to all this is that if you do find a treatment which improves matters you can feel very pleased about it, how's that.

I'll go and look, I know nothing.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
kazalala

Hi Everyone

Post by kazalala »

LarsMac;1507877 wrote: My sister in law had some pretty severe reactions to the thyroid meds she was first prescribed. Joint pain, I am pretty certain, was part of it.

Don't just take the Doc's word for it. make him/her do their proper research.

thanks Lars,,, yea i was unprepared at the appointment yesterday, but i think i will be more ready to ask a lot of questions at my next appointment. Unless they call me back in after the bloods tomorrow, im not due another appointment until about 3 or 4 weeks.

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Hi Everyone

Post by kazalala »

spot;1507879 wrote: RA is vile, my mother had it. I've no idea how it can be successfully treated, hers certainly wasn't.

To the best of my knowledge it's an auto-immune response to something but I could very easily be wrong. The only treatments I've heard of - the ones they used on her - seem to be as much mumbo-jumbo as a doctor of medicine might have used in the sixteenth century. Take the hair of a recently-dead mouse and boil it in nettle juice, that level of medicine.

You'd not want to know how poorly my mother coped, it would depress you.

The bright side to all this is that if you do find a treatment which improves matters you can feel very pleased about it, how's that.

I'll go and look, I know nothing.

Im already depressed wondering how on earth i can keep on coping with this,, my only strength so far was coming from the fact i was awaiting the thyroid results and just assumed they would need upping and my symptoms would then start to improve. Hence when i was told all was ok with the thyroid problem now, i more or less immediately fell into a pit of despair!

I found some information but havent even looked into it properly as yet, and the meds she has given me is certainly none of them on the list.

Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs) | Arthritis Research UK

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Members' News”