My life really can not get worse right now..

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

My baby sister has been Ill for some time now... Losing wieght and being unable to eat. She began bleeding from her bowels and this morning It has been confirmed that she has bowel cancer.

I'm pretty much used to cancer in my family along with already losing one sister to breast cancer but the differnce here is that my baby sister is just 35 years old and has 7 children at home to care for... 3 under the age of 4 years old.

At first they believed she had Chrones disease but this morning they have given her the news that the cancer Is in the lower part of her bowel. They wanted to look further up into the Intestines while she was under but they were so swollen they could not get the camera in there.

They have given her a foam pump steroid to take down the swelling so hopefully within a week they will be able to get the camera in further to see If has spread.

Her husband Is off work to help her and her 17 year daughter is a god send with the younger children. On top of this she has her son's trial due to start in April which may take months.

Just like my older Sister who died from cancer, she does not smoke or drink... It seems so unfair. :(
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I'm sorry!
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

It does seem terribly unfair, sorry to hear this news Oscar. :(
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Love & good thoughts for your sister:-4
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Oh oscsy baby I'm so sorry to hear that . Hopefully it's only in the lower bowels. (they can take that out and everything functions really well without it. ) have a few in the family that have had to have bowels removed for cancer, heredetry deseases and MS. as long as they get onto it quickly you're sis will be okay.

Love ya babes, I know the worry is awful but hang in there sweetheart and tell your sis to do the same .........she'll be right mate.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Sending prayers and thoughts your way, oscar.:-4
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

chonsigirl;1268667 wrote: Sending prayers and thoughts your way, oscar.:-4

Same here.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Julie, so very sorry to hear this awful news........... as if there isn't enough problems and worry your way. My thoughts are with you, your little sister and all your family. Sending strength to you Julie. :-6
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Nothing I can really say.......just hope everything turns out as you would want it to.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

G#Gill;1268758 wrote: Julie, so very sorry to hear this awful news........... as if there isn't enough problems and worry your way. My A are with you, your little sister and all your A. Sending strength to you Julie. :-6

Thankyou all for your kind thoughts.

Gill, you talk about strength. I have been sitting here feeling quite selfish this evening. In any family, you get the one member who has the strength and is the suppossed rock that everyone leans on. I feel selfish because to be honest, I am fed up with being that rock at times.

When my Father got cancer, I could accept that as he was a good age. People get old and a fact of life is that they get diseases. When my Mother had her stroke, again I accepted that because she was a good age. My husband Is also a good age so cancer could be expected also. My older sister was 50 when she died and left young children so that was difficult but with Sam, I think, 35 years old for god sake !!!

If It has not spread then she can have the bowel removed and a bag fitted ( which she will hate). We have to wait a week for the swelling to go down so they can explore further.

My brother is still in a wheelchair after falling from his horse and I just think, what the bloody hell is coming next?

My husband is responding well with treatment although now on a strict diet which he hates incase of possible surgery to remove the mass in his lungs.

Your right Gill... strength is just what I need right now. :(:(:(

OK.... moan over.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

oscar;1268796 wrote: Thankyou all for your kind thoughts.

Gill, you talk about strength. I have been sitting here feeling quite selfish this evening. In any family, you get the one member who has the strength and is the suppossed rock that everyone leans on. I feel selfish because to be honest, I am fed up with being that rock at times.

When my Father got cancer, I could accept that as he was a good age. People get old and a fact of life is that they get diseases. When my Mother had her stroke, again I accepted that because she was a good age. My husband Is also a good age so cancer could be expected also. My older sister was 50 when she died and left young children so that was difficult but with Sam, I think, 35 years old for god sake !!!

If It has not spread then she can have the bowel removed and a bag fitted ( which she will hate). We have to wait a week for the swelling to go down so they can explore further.

My brother is still in a wheelchair after falling from his horse and I just think, what the bloody hell is coming next?

My husband is responding well with treatment although now on a strict diet which he hates incase of possible surgery to remove the mass in his lungs.

Your right Gill... strength is just what I need right now. :(:(:(

OK.... moan over.

It's actually ok to moan, it's also ok to step down from being the strong one of the family, we all need to retreat from that label now and again, just for our own sanity. Be what 'you' need to be to get through this, that's all you can do. :-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1268604 wrote: My baby sister has been Ill for some time now... Losing wieght and being unable to eat. She began bleeding from her bowels and this morning It has been confirmed that she has bowel cancer.

I'm pretty much used to cancer in my family along with already losing one sister to breast cancer but the differnce here is that my baby sister is just 35 years old and has 7 children at home to care for... 3 under the age of 4 years old.

At first they believed she had Chrones disease but this morning they have given her the news that the cancer Is in the lower part of her bowel. They wanted to look further up into the Intestines while she was under but they were so swollen they could not get the camera in there.

They have given her a foam pump steroid to take down the swelling so hopefully within a week they will be able to get the camera in further to see If has spread.

Her husband Is off work to help her and her 17 year daughter is a god send with the younger children. On top of this she has her son's trial due to start in April which may take months.

Just like my older Sister who died from cancer, she does not smoke or drink... It seems so unfair. :(

I'm so sorry to hear this.:(

one can never get used to it.

but...there is hope, so lets focus on that.:-4
Life is just to short for drama.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Oscar

Life has educated you. Life has educated me.

Chrones disease & Diverticulitous (misspelled)? if diagnosed is usually a on-set

to some thing very serious .

Your story is very upsetting & as I've read here - obviously pulls at our hearts.

You know if there's anything we here at FG can do..??

If you just need to scream & cry - WE Hear You..

I am so sorry - too much stress - take care of yourself my dear..

Patsy
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

i really do hope from the bottom of my heart everything turns out ok and you can get some respite from the hell that is life for some of us :-4:-4
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Jim, that was so nice what you said to Julie. Remembering the various mock (or otherwise) clashes you have both had together in the past, it just shows what a lovely bunch of people contribute to Forum Garden. :-4

Most members do have 'baggage' of some sort - bad experiences, bad illnesses, legal problems, loneliness, all sorts of things, and they join Forum Garden to try to 'get away' from these things for a short while. They find that so many others have problems, so they know that these other people will understand what is being gone through, and it is a comfort to read compassion, sympathy, understanding, and the kind words that are written. Yes I do believe that such a site as Forum Garden does help people to maybe come to terms with whatever they are having to experience. It is a fact that it does help to write down how you feel, what you are thinking, share your problems - because, to know that somebody else is aware of what you are going through, means that you are not alone. You are not having to fight a battle by yourself - even if the only help is just words typed on a screen, sometimes that can make all the difference! :-6
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Julie, I am so sorry to hear this sad news. All of my thoughts are with you right now. Your family does not deserve this...:-4:-4
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Better to discover cancer as soon as possible so hopefully she can get the treatment she needs.
Oscar Namechange

G#Gill;1268922 wrote: Jim, that was so nice what you said to Julie. Remembering the various mock (or otherwise) clashes you have both had together in the past, it just shows what a lovely bunch of people contribute to Forum Garden. :-4

Most members do have 'baggage' of some sort - bad experiences, bad illnesses, legal problems, loneliness, all sorts of things, and they join Forum Garden to try to 'get away' from these things for a short while. They find that so many others have problems, so they know that these other people will understand what is being gone through, and it is a comfort to read compassion, sympathy, understanding, and the kind words that are written. Yes I do believe that such a site as Forum Garden does help people to maybe come to terms with whatever they are having to experience. It is a fact that it does help to write down how you feel, what you are thinking, share your problems - because, to know that somebody else is aware of what you are going through, means that you are not alone. You are not having to fight a battle by yourself - even if the only help is just words typed on a screen, sometimes that can make all the difference! :-6
Thankyou again to everyone's kind words.

Gill... your post is absolutely spot on. It is so much easier to talk to folk from behind the screen some-times even though some of us here have become close personal friends, There are things that can be said here that you can't say to your friends in real life. For example, Imagine going to the supermarket and saying 'Hey, my nephews been charged with murder'.

I've been getting a little religious today in my thinkings. I wondered was I put on this earth to pull my family through these things? yet when some-thing bad happens to me, the family and friends say, 'Julie will cope, she's a fighter' and some-times I want them to cope for me. Trouble Is, nothing bad happens to me, it's all the one's around me. I'm the one that wins the lottery or the winning horse. I've chain smoked all my life yet I don't get the cancer or fall off my horse. Then I feel guilty that these things haven't happened to me and It's them that suffer. My head is all over the place right now. :(:(:(

Thankyou again folks. Lovely post from Patsy. :-4

Return to “Members' News”