So... I need some baby names

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
cars

Post by cars »

Congratulations, & best wishes! :-6

As far as selecting a name, you can just do what others have done. Take a tin can, throw it down a stone road, & name the baby the first 3 sounds the can makes, like "ping- ding-wing" :wah::D:p;)
Cars :)
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

AussiePam;1268179 wrote: GRIN.... Look Fuzz - no shouting... We gotta keep the preggers lady all calm and quietly gestating.... grin. Play some Mozart or maybe some trad bluesy jazz...

Oh nonsence !! auntie Pammy.......lots of noise is good for a baby, makes them good sleepers. And Koan has to get used to noise now anyway:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

nah I'm really quite miffed that koesy is having a little joey !!!!!

Selecting a name huh? well you could do what the ex and I did for our last one. bottle of port, internet with a plefora of names and a kitchen white board where I stood chopping and changing names as they were called out to me. Keehan is what I came up with. chopped Kieran and Keegan up and stuck them togather again.:D
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

koan;1268090 wrote: So far I'm still most keen on Noah or Oliver for a boy

maybe Naomi or Olivia for a girl...

argh. an O name would make OD the initials. Not a good thing.

Oli ? Wasn't he a stooge?:lips:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

There is a book of Traditional Molvanian names just published for the Christmas market - but surprisingly, it looked strange and unhelpful.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I like Jewish names myself. i've always thought they are names you 'sing' rather than 'say'.
spot

Post by spot »

fuzzywuzzy;1268668 wrote: I like Jewish names myself. i've always thought they are names you 'sing' rather than 'say'.

Rehoboam has a ring to it then.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Smart Alec!!!!:wah:

In fact yes it does...........so there:D
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

fuzzywuzzy;1268687 wrote: Smart Alec!!!!:wah:

In fact yes it does...........so there:DMonsieur Paul Regret is my choice.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Geez, we've got the humour squad on today haven't we . :-5:D

No really, you can't say "Rehoboam" by syllables. You have to say it in one. that's what I mean by singing it.

You can't say "DAVID" in syllables. Otherwise it just wouldn't sound right . You have to say it as one syllable, so it sounds right .....hence it coming out of peoples mouths as a song.
spot

Post by spot »

fuzzywuzzy;1268710 wrote: No really, you can't say "Rehoboam" by syllables. You have to say it in one. that's what I mean by singing it.That's not singing, that's plainchant. Speeding up words to fit is plainchant, filling out a line with syllables is singing. Unless you have an example to discuss?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

spot;1268797 wrote: That's not singing, that's plainchant. Speeding up words to fit is plainchant, filling out a line with syllables is singing. Unless you have an example to discuss?

Oh spotty!!! a plainchant?

Okay I'm not in the mood, a plainchant it is then................ it still doesn't make me wrong. It's still a beautiful language to name those by.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

My friend has just had a baby boy and I can't believe what she's called the poor little thing. BLAIZE XANDER.

He will go through his life being asked how to spell his name. The X in Xander is apparently pronounced as a Z, this means, folk will be calling him Blaze Zander. I can't think of a worse name.

Thank heavens all the children in our family have sensible names such as Henry, William, April etc.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Post by spot »

April???
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

That's such a pretty name spot.

April May? Or is that just going too far?

April is such a pretty name though. it's autum here in april and the landscape is just so beautiful.

that's it Koan have your baby and look out hte window to the day .............It will come to you naturally. It's a mothers right of passage.

Oh before anybody mentions "two dogs" just shut up!:yh_rotfl
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1268805 wrote: April???

What's wrong with April - my dog's called April :)
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Cecil, we'll call him Cecil the diesel.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

OOps ever had one of those days?

Return to “Members' News”