Thankyou

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
AussiePam

Thankyou

Post by AussiePam »

I had a grouchy day yesterday. Stuff is pearshaped back at the ranch here - yet again - and this time so totally unnecessarily. And my longsuffering partner and I end up, as always, picking up the pieces, drying the tears, sorting the consequences and trying to get everything back on track. We are weary.

BUT today is a new day, and the first day of the Celtic New Year. The first day of November - white rabbits... Samhain... All Saints Day. Whichever tradition you follow, or whichever hemisphere you happen to be in.. it's a joyful time.

Thank you - those fine FGers who wrote to me for your kindness and understanding.

And for those who offered me other chatrooms, FaceBook etc... thankyou too.

I had a hard think last night. From reading some of the emails I've found that I should be even more confused than I thought I already was.

I do have a page on FaceBook, but gee if there's this much confusion of white and black hats just in FG - I might, if I make the wrong decisions, merely transpose all of that to my little FB oasis - so far shared only by my family and a few people I grew up with and actually do really know.

Also, just out of the blue, I got messages somehow which were blasts from the past. In other words, people in different forums monitor what goes on in here nad just coincidentally make contact when there is an implosion. So my new paranoia may be reality based.

Anyway, really I suppose it doesn't matter that threads I start just die and I end up wittering away in a merry monologue. Those threads probably deserve it and monologues aren't so bad really. I mean it could be lots worse.

And if all the action is in fact going on behind the scenes, maybe that's okay too. If I monologue inanely on and just stab the arras like Hamlet did with an occasional sword thrust to show I know but don't care, no harm done. I haven't seeen Dr Parnassus's Imaginarium yet, but I believe that's trippy too.

It's cool to live in a parallel universe.

Surreality is the way to go.

Alienation can be fun.

Guys - you're all the best!!! And I love the lot of you!! Thank you again .... and let's party on...

:sneaky:

:-6
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

AussiePam

Thankyou

Post by AussiePam »

I need a new face... I went out walking yesterday and found myself at Luna Park... coincidence... I don't think so..

Here's the pic.

Attached files

OpenMind

Thankyou

Post by OpenMind »

Hello, Pam. That's a great photo.

Life sure can be confusing at times. Your picture is a pefect epitomisation of focussed confusion. Love the slim waistline though.

Sunday is the one and only day that's not confusing for me. It's the one and only day I am allowed to be with my daughter. It's the one and only day I live for and the one and only day worth living for.
Odie

Thankyou

Post by Odie »

AussiePam;1257938 wrote: I had a grouchy day yesterday. Stuff is pearshaped back at the ranch here - yet again - and this time so totally unnecessarily. And my longsuffering partner and I end up, as always, picking up the pieces, drying the tears, sorting the consequences and trying to get everything back on track. We are weary.

BUT today is a new day, and the first day of the Celtic New Year. The first day of November - white rabbits... Samhain... All Saints Day. Whichever tradition you follow, or whichever hemisphere you happen to be in.. it's a joyful time.

Thank you - those fine FGers who wrote to me for your kindness and understanding.

I had a hard think last night. From reading some of the emails I've found that I should be even more confused than I thought I already was.

I do have a page on FaceBook, but gee if there's this much confusion of white and black hats just in FG - I might, if I make the wrong decisions, merely transpose all of that to my little FB oasis - so far shared only by my family and a few people I grew up with and actually do really know.

Also, just out of the blue, I got messages somehow which were blasts from the past. In other words, people in different forums monitor what goes on in here nad just coincidentally make contact when there is an implosion. So my new paranoia may be reality based.

Anyway, really I suppose it doesn't matter that threads I start just die and I end up wittering away in a merry monologue. Those threads probably deserve it and monologues aren't so bad really. I mean it could be lots worse.

And if all the action is in fact going on behind the scenes, maybe that's okay too. If I monologue inanely on and just stab the arras like Hamlet did with an occasional sword thrust to show I know but don't care, no harm done. I haven't seeen Dr Parnassus's Imaginarium yet, but I believe that's trippy too.

Alienation can be fun.

Guys - you're all the best!!! And I love the lot of you!! Thank you again .... and let's party on...

Hi Pam!

Life can be cruel and down right nasty sometimes. I am truly sorry for whatever happened to you.

For several months, the action is behind the scene's, how sad it's now become....

Swords it the back? .. some can be known for that, so they weren't really your friends.;)

your threads? have you seen mine?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Today is a new day!:-6

let's just party on!:wah::wah:

Life is just to short for drama.
Peg

Thankyou

Post by Peg »

I wish I had a clue what all this "behind the scenes" stuff is. If I say that "A" is a brat and "B" tells "A" that I said that, are they being a true friend or just simply stirring the pot? What do they hope to achieve?
chonsigirl

Thankyou

Post by chonsigirl »

May you have a happy day ahead Pammie, it is spring there, it must be getting very pretty about now. :-6
Odie

Thankyou

Post by Odie »

Peg;1257977 wrote: I wish I had a clue what all this "behind the scenes" stuff is. If I say that "A" is a brat and "B" tells "A" that I said that, are they being a true friend or just simply stirring the pot? What do they hope to achieve?

it's stirring the pot alright!:-5:-5

msn live, facebook, you name it, they're doing it.:rolleyes:

the achievement is to see how good they are at convincing others your trash.:(:mad:
Betty Boop

Thankyou

Post by Betty Boop »

Oooh Pam you are looking awfully thin there, I have just the thing here for you, chocolate trifle, head on over quick... on second thoughts stay there, I'll nip over with it, it's warmer where you are. I may swing by and pick up Theia on the way :thinking: That's if she's talking to me, seeing as I turned up to visit her last time in the exact same cardi she had bought :wah:

Keep plodding on girl, I'm sure things will work out, pity life has to be such a ferocious roller coaster ride some days hey.
Betty Boop

Thankyou

Post by Betty Boop »

Odie;1258002 wrote: it's stirring the pot alright!:-5:-5

msn live, facebook, you name it, they're doing it.:rolleyes:

the achievement is to see how good they are at convincing others your trash.:(:mad:

Sadly it's nothing new, it's the same old regurgitated trash. It's like a nasty infection. Rise above it and let them get on with it is my philosophy. :-6
Odie

Thankyou

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1258006 wrote: Sadly it's nothing new, it's the same old regurgitated trash. It's like a nasty infection. Rise above it and let them get on with it is my philosophy. :-6

exactly.;)

c'mon Pam, you can do this, I did!:-6

if people are going spend their day trashing you, they weren't really friends.:-4
Odie

Thankyou

Post by Odie »

AussiePam;1258048 wrote: Spring is indeed sprung and the local jacarandas and bougainvillea and jasmines just take your breath away.. :sneaky:

oh my to have jasmine there......so sweet.:-6
AussiePam

Thankyou

Post by AussiePam »

Spring is indeed sprung and the local jacarandas and bougainvillea and jasmines just take your breath away.. (Photo taken near my local Italian cafe in Kirribilli. The harbour view is the other direction). :sneaky:

Attached files

Chezzie

Thankyou

Post by Chezzie »

big hugs Pam:-6

Sorry its early here, not been up long and the weather change has brought on my hay fever so not feeling totally tickety boo but didnt want to ignore your great thread.

I suppose forum world will always bring these type of people, not content in just having fun and ignoring the people who stop them having it...FG used to be the be all and end all for me, first place I logged on, was like going out for a night, something I dont get to do often so was great, so many fab people like Carolly, Kaz, Kay, you, Mrs K, Kathy and Ducks but to mention a few. Nomad and Jimbo the funny peeps, the great mods I work with plus stacks of others I like.. Now, I try and log in each day!!!! Im online daily, using facebook and their games, I get no hassle, no bitching, no backstabbing ......NO DRAMA...

I hardly ever turn my email on, usually go and delete hundreds of spam and NEVER have msn on, just cant be bothered with hassle, I have that in real life, I come online for FUN, nothing else lol..

I wish it was like that back here, couple of years back this place was THE place to be.
Kathy Ellen

Thankyou

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Big, big hugs to (((((((((((((Pam and Chezzie))))))))))))))) xxx
Kathy Ellen

Thankyou

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Pam,

Your pictures of Sydney Harbor are beautiful. Do you ever go to the Opera house, and if so, what operas have you seen? My favorties will always be Madam Butterfly and La Boheme.
Carolly

Thankyou

Post by Carolly »

Sometimes people stand out like a bright star and one you so wished you could reach out at times to just hug and say....sod em ....your a very ok person and jealousy has to be the worst thing possible online and in the RW.Well Pam I cant be there but the hugs are there and my love:-4
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
AussiePam

Thankyou

Post by AussiePam »

Thanks Kathy, Carolly, Chezzie, Betty Boop and everyone !!! I'm feeling cheery again tonight. It's a full moon and beautiful.

Chezzie - I hope your hayfever improves. That is a pain. Is there something in particular which sets you off?

Betty - yes, I think I love that pic. It nips my waistline in in a way our laced up great grandmothers would have been proud of.. well I'm sure they wouldn't have been able to breathe of course.... CHOCOLATE.... ahhhhhhhhhhh

I shall go in a minute and play the song about the Woman made all of Chockie. You know Guylian Chocolates?? They run a cafe at Circular Quay (five minutes by ferry) - and serve awesome coffee, French croissants and dipping bowls of melted chocolate.. SWOON

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/1245542-post13.html

Olivia Ruiz has just put out a new album.. HOORAY.

Kathy - I am embarrassed to say that I have never been to a performance at the Sydney Opera House. I too love Madame Butterfly - especially the Maria Callas version, and La Boheme, Tosca, Faust, Lucia, Carmen..

OpenMind - your daughter is beautiful. I'm sending a hug.

Has anyone read "The Time Traveler's Wife"? I just finished it. Kind of weird, but ORIGINAL !!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Time_Traveler%27s_Wife

The film should be out here soon.

Raven

Thankyou

Post by Raven »

AussiePam;1257938 wrote: I had a grouchy day yesterday. Stuff is pearshaped back at the ranch here - yet again - and this time so totally unnecessarily. And my longsuffering partner and I end up, as always, picking up the pieces, drying the tears, sorting the consequences and trying to get everything back on track. We are weary.

Alienation can be fun.

Aw hunny...you okay? :yh_hugs
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
shelbell

Thankyou

Post by shelbell »

I do understand what you mean. Log in to have some fun chatting with friends, but there will always be pot stirrers. Sometimes I'll come across someone on FB that insist they bring fg stuff over there...I politely tell them that if I wanted all the fg stuff going on, I'd be signed in there. I've also had people there try to drag me into it, and no, I've not always been successful, but have noticed when I tell people that that's not why I'm there, to bad mouth others, they will usually leave me alone.

I hope it gets better for you Pam. :-6
Odie

Thankyou

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1258129 wrote: I do understand what you mean. Log in to have some fun chatting with friends, but there will always be pot stirrers. Sometimes I'll come across someone on FB that insist they bring fg stuff over there...I politely tell them that if I wanted all the fg stuff going on, I'd be signed in there. I've also had people there try to drag me into it, and no, I've not always been successful, but have noticed when I tell people that that's not why I'm there, to bad mouth others, they will usually leave me alone.

I hope it gets better for you Pam. :-6

your right sis, fb has become the worst for pot stirrers.:-:yh_ttth:yh_ttth

I block those ones :D

I have no time nor patience for people who try and drag me into their drama lives.

I will not tolerate bad mouthing on fb, we are adults not children.:yh_shame

I just rise above them.;)

Fb is a really nice place, to just have fun, relax, play the quizzes and be yourself.
AussiePam

Thankyou

Post by AussiePam »

Let's move on, Odie from the repetitive pot stirring type stuff.. there have been lots of threads on that. I started the thread to have a small meltdown and am now over it...

On the home front, Raven, Shelbell, if we all make it unscathed through today - things should be better. Or much much worse. I'm putting my money on better.

It's the Feast of All Souls.. the feast of the dead. I'm not sure whether this bodes well or not. In France you put chrysanthemums on the graves of your rellies round this time. Wonder how mums got to become the flower of death??? Black flowers blossom.. fearless on my breath

---

Time out here to go play the Massive Attack song....:D

---

Anyway - it's morning here now.. and I'm going in search of coffee..

Black coffee blossoms.. fearless on my teeth...

kayleneaussie

Thankyou

Post by kayleneaussie »

Just love Luna Park Pam :-4 Havent been there for a very long time though:( is it just as fun as it used to be :thinking:
FOC THREAD PART 1
AussiePam

Thankyou

Post by AussiePam »

Kaylene - I've never actually been there to ride the rides, eat the fairy floss, be spruiked etc etc. But they charge differently now. You don't pay at the gate and enter.. You can enter any time and walk through, just pay for rides, eats etc. There's even a neat up market cafe in there which serves great quiche and vino lunches. I like to walk through there on my way to the North Sydney pool. In the evening the merry laughter floats across Lavender Bay and the lights make wonderful patterns on the water.

There's something about carnivals, road shows, freak alley, rollercoasters and ferris wheels - and especially clowns - which is surreal and trippy. Fun scary but with an underlying frightening scary too..

And the moving walkway at Chicago airport - what is that about!!!????

Rapunzel

Thankyou

Post by Rapunzel »

AussiePam;1258073 wrote: I'm feeling cheery again tonight. It's a full moon . . .

:sneaky: Is there something our Pammie isn't telling us? :sneaky::lips::wah::wah::wah:

I'm so sorry someone got you down Pammie and am glad you're feeling cheerier now. :):-6
Kathy Ellen

Thankyou

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Rapunzel;1258228 wrote: :sneaky: Is there something our Pammie isn't telling us? :sneaky::lips::wah::wah::wah:

I'm so sorry someone got you down Pammie and am glad you're feeling cheerier now. :):-6

Hey Rap,

Who's that guy clearning the ear wax out of Abe's ear??:confused: Man oh man...that wax must have piled up after all these years.:wah:
Rapunzel

Thankyou

Post by Rapunzel »

Kathy Ellen;1258229 wrote: Hey Rap,

Who's that guy clearning the ear wax out of Abe's ear??:confused: Man oh man...that wax must have piled up after all these years.:wah:

I've no idea Kathy, I just thought it was a fun picture. :)

It also makes you realise how big Abe's statue is by comparison. :)

And I like the way Abe appears to be pondering and wonder if all that excess wax has clogged up his cogs and I pondered as to whether it would clean up his thought speed processes so he could ponder more usefully and quickly in future. :-2

Ya know . . . that's way too much thought considering its just a funny photograph! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
ZAP

Thankyou

Post by ZAP »

As usual, I don't have a clue about what's going on but I'm sorry that someone has hurt you. YOU, Pam! One of the most interesting, well spoken, ERUDITE! people there is and I enjoy reading your thoughts immensley. Don't ever stop.:):)
AussiePam

Thankyou

Post by AussiePam »

Rapunzel;1258234 wrote: I've no idea Kathy, I just thought it was a fun picture. :)

It also makes you realise how big Abe's statue is by comparison. :)

And I like the way Abe appears to be pondering and wonder if all that excess wax has clogged up his cogs and I pondered as to whether it would clean up his thought speed processes so he could ponder more usefully and quickly in future. :-2

Ya know . . . that's way too much thought considering its just a funny photograph! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

GUFFAW!!!!!!!!!! Did you see the pic I posted for mrsK yesterday??? Two blokes look like they are about to abseil down the model's cleavage....

Zappy - I'm afraid I laughed so hard at the erudite thing that I've wet myself.. just going to change and I'll be back... Nobody hurt me by the way - I was just confused... in fact bewitched, bothered and bewildered......

:yh_rotfl

kayleneaussie

Thankyou

Post by kayleneaussie »

AussiePam;1258210 wrote: Kaylene - I've never actually been there to ride the rides, eat the fairy floss, be spruiked etc etc. But they charge differently now. You don't pay at the gate and enter.. You can enter any time and walk through, just pay for rides, eats etc. There's even a neat up market cafe in there which serves great quiche and vino lunches. I like to walk through there on my way to the North Sydney pool. In the evening the merry laughter floats across Lavender Bay and the lights make wonderful patterns on the water.

There's something about carnivals, road shows, freak alley, rollercoasters and ferris wheels - and especially clowns - which is surreal and trippy. Fun scary but with an underlying frightening scary too..

And the moving walkway at Chicago airport - what is that about!!!????

Much better idea then paying at the gate:D Think I am a bit old for the rides now:( but the quiche and vino lunches sound good to me ;)
FOC THREAD PART 1
AussiePam

Thankyou

Post by AussiePam »

This full moon thread with vampire bite

Bewitched. bewildered - erudite

Meanders on surreal, serene.

And now with undies dry and clean

I have returned to see what's what

And what is not. I've lost the plot

Attached files

Nomad

Thankyou

Post by Nomad »

Just in case.

therapist in sydney - Google Search
I AM AWESOME MAN
AussiePam

Thankyou

Post by AussiePam »

Thankyou Nomie!!

But I'll settle for a good night's sleep.

Return to “Members' News”