Prayers Please....

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
shelbell

Prayers Please....

Post by shelbell »

My gramma is in the hospital again...this could be the last time. She is refusing things that will help her live, but she's so tired of fighting so hard just to stay here with us...she's ready to go home, be with her hubby(my grampa that died about 20yrs ago), her parents, siblings and a son. She's 91, about 80lbs, and it's so hard to even see her in her bed she is so small and frail...I couldn't even see any outline of her. Her mind is pretty much gone now and she doesn't know much of anything going on around her. We are so lucky to have 5 generations alive, just like when her mom was still here...it's so cool. She's always been so full of spunk and so feisty, but that twinkle of mischief is gone from her eyes... and now I'm waiting for the phone call...the one I'm dreading. Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks....Shel :-4

Attached files
Raven

Prayers Please....

Post by Raven »

Aw hunny. Of course our prayers are with you. Be at peace sweetheart. It sounds like it's about time. And you had the chance to say goodbye. It sounds like she had a wonderful life by being surrounded by people who love her. You have been blessed by having her so long. Wish I could give you a real hug, but this one will have to do. :yh_hugs:yh_flower
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
Odie

Prayers Please....

Post by Odie »

sis, your gramma has always been in my prayers as I knew she is aging.........

Its her time now, and you took the time to say goodbye.

be at peace.

((((((((((hugs)))))))

:yh_pray
Life is just to short for drama.
CARLA

Prayers Please....

Post by CARLA »

Prayers and my thought are with you. :yh_pray
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

pinkchick

Prayers Please....

Post by pinkchick »

My thoughts are with you Shelly. Love to you all :-4:-4
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Imladris

Prayers Please....

Post by Imladris »

My thoughts are with you, we went through the same earlier this year, I know how hard it is to lose someone who has always been there.

Many, many hugs for you and your family.:-4
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Mustang

Prayers Please....

Post by Mustang »

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers Shelbell. Many memories have been made between you all that will be cherished for years. :yh_flower
Oscar Namechange

Prayers Please....

Post by Oscar Namechange »

shelbell;1253659 wrote: My gramma is in the hospital again...this could be the last time. She is refusing things that will help her live, but she's so tired of fighting so hard just to stay here with us...she's ready to go home, be with her hubby(my grampa that died about 20yrs ago), her parents, siblings and a son. She's 91, about 80lbs, and it's so hard to even see her in her bed she is so small and frail...I couldn't even see any outline of her. Her mind is pretty much gone now and she doesn't know much of anything going on around her. We are so lucky to have 5 generations alive, just like when her mom was still here...it's so cool. She's always been so full of spunk and so feisty, but that twinkle of mischief is gone from her eyes... and now I'm waiting for the phone call...the one I'm dreading. Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks....Shel :-4
It's very unfair after what you have been through already. I'll be thinking of you Shell. Sending you love, hugs and prayers. :-4:-4:-4
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
farmer giles

Prayers Please....

Post by farmer giles »

you are in my thoughts shellbutt i hope all goe...jim:-6:-6
shelbell

Prayers Please....

Post by shelbell »

Thanks all....they did talk her into using oxygen, but she's refusing all meds, monitors and IV's and she's too weak to eat. She has mentioned a couple of times, when she's been coherent, that she just wants to go. I will be going to see her tonight too...we know it's just a matter of time now, and probably not much of that at all. I know it's really gonna be hard after losing Grant just 7 months ago, but I'll just have to push thru it like everything else.

Thank you again for all your prayers. :-4
abbey

Prayers Please....

Post by abbey »

How very sad,

My thoughts are with you and your family right now Shell. :-4
Betty Boop

Prayers Please....

Post by Betty Boop »

Will be thinking of you, hard times but obviously, bless her, she realises she wants to go now. Stay strong Shel :-4
Kathy Ellen

Prayers Please....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this sad news Shelly:-4

All of my thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family:-4
shelbell

Prayers Please....

Post by shelbell »

Thanks all...it's good that in her senile mind she is still aware of the fact that she doesn't want to fight anymore..she wants to be let go of this life and go to where her family is...she misses her hubby(grampa), parents, siblings and her youngest son and just wants to be with them again. I know it will be hard to let her go, but I also know it is her time, and she has lived a very fulfilling and wonderful life. :-4
Rapunzel

Prayers Please....

Post by Rapunzel »

Raven;1253661 wrote: Aw hunny. Of course our prayers are with you. Be at peace sweetheart. It sounds like it's about time. And you had the chance to say goodbye. It sounds like she had a wonderful life by being surrounded by people who love her. You have been blessed by having her so long. Wish I could give you a real hug, but this one will have to do. :yh_hugs:yh_flower

How beautifully put. How sad for you and your family Shelly, you're all in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs, Mel. xxxxx :-4 :yh_hugs
along-for-the-ride

Prayers Please....

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I know it hard to let go of someone you love so much. I've had to do this myself. You will always have her with you in cherished memories and moments you shared with her. I believe Gramma knows it's her time to go. I believe she knows that she goes with love. From you and all the other people who have known and loved her so.

If I were there with you, shelbell, I'd give you a hug. I know.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
chonsigirl

Prayers Please....

Post by chonsigirl »

All our love and prayers are with you and your family.:-4
Odie

Prayers Please....

Post by Odie »

Shelly, how is your gramma doing today?
shelbell

Prayers Please....

Post by shelbell »

along-for-the-ride;1253926 wrote: I know it hard to let go of someone you love so much. I've had to do this myself. You will always have her with you in cherished memories and moments you shared with her. I believe Gramma knows it's her time to go. I believe she knows that she goes with love. From you and all the other people who have known and loved her so.

If I were there with you, shelbell, I'd give you a hug. I know.

Thanks aftr...I think what is making this doubly hard is that it's only been 7 months since I lost hubby...I just don't know how I'm supposed to go thru another loss. Thanks for the hugs hun...I can use as many as I can get right now. :-4
shelbell

Prayers Please....

Post by shelbell »

chonsigirl;1253929 wrote: All our love and prayers are with you and your family.:-4

Thanks chonsi. :-4
shelbell

Prayers Please....

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1254019 wrote: Shelly, how is your gramma doing today?

I'm waiting to hear back from my mom. Last night she was not doing well at all...it's like her eyes were almost black with nothing in them. They have been giving her some meds by crushing them and putting them in applesauce, but I think the only reason she's eating it is cuz she doesn't know the meds are in there. She also agreed to the oxygen, but I think that's because of the lung cancer making it harder for her to breathe...but she's still refusing the IV's and monitors and does have a DNR signed. The docs said there is nothing else they can do for her except keep her comfortable...and it could be any time now.
mrsK

Prayers Please....

Post by mrsK »

Thinking of you & the family.

Love & prayers to all of you:-4:-4
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
shelbell

Prayers Please....

Post by shelbell »

mrsK;1254119 wrote: Thinking of you & the family.

Love & prayers to all of you:-4:-4

Thanks mrsK...:-4
shelbell

Prayers Please....

Post by shelbell »

They moved her into a nursing home today and they are supposed to have someone with her 24/7. Told my mom I might not be able to go there tonight...I'm so worn out emotionally...it's just too soon after losing Grant...I don't know how to handle it. :-1
Odie

Prayers Please....

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1254118 wrote: I'm waiting to hear back from my mom. Last night she was not doing well at all...it's like her eyes were almost black with nothing in them. They have been giving her some meds by crushing them and putting them in applesauce, but I think the only reason she's eating it is cuz she doesn't know the meds are in there. She also agreed to the oxygen, but I think that's because of the lung cancer making it harder for her to breathe...but she's still refusing the IV's and monitors and does have a DNR signed. The docs said there is nothing else they can do for her except keep her comfortable...and it could be any time now.

is anyone with your mom?

I guess she is with your gramma around the clock.

I feel for your mom, its tough on her.:-4
shelbell

Prayers Please....

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1254148 wrote: is anyone with your mom?

I guess she is with your gramma around the clock.

I feel for your mom, its tough on her.:-4

My mom's sister spends a lot of time up there too...but her husband is in the hospital due to his diabetes. It seems like there is always someone with gramma....She has tons of grandkids and great-grandkids. My little Rylan is her only great-great grandkid tho. :-4
Odie

Prayers Please....

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1254156 wrote: My mom's sister spends a lot of time up there too...but her husband is in the hospital due to his diabetes. It seems like there is always someone with gramma....She has tons of grandkids and great-grandkids. My little Rylan is her only great-great grandkid tho. :-4

no, I mean, if anyone spends time sitting with your mom?

She is the one who needs help for breaks, and strength now.

even though my mom has Alzheimer's and has no idea what is what or who is there, it makes me feel good to be there....just for me.
Rapunzel

Prayers Please....

Post by Rapunzel »

shelbell;1254128 wrote: They moved her into a nursing home today and they are supposed to have someone with her 24/7. Told my mom I might not be able to go there tonight...I'm so worn out emotionally...it's just too soon after losing Grant...I don't know how to handle it. :-1

Your Gran knows you love her but you need to do what's best for you. Your mum and Gran will understand. Take care of yourself knowing that your Gran is comfortable and has a good life and a loving family around her. What more can any of us ask for?

Much love and hugs to you, Mel. xxxxx :-4 :yh_hugs:yh_hugs:yh_hugs
shelbell

Prayers Please....

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1254165 wrote: no, I mean, if anyone spends time sitting with your mom?

She is the one who needs help for breaks, and strength now.

even though my mom has Alzheimer's and has no idea what is what or who is there, it makes me feel good to be there....just for me.

Oh yeah, and it helps that so many people visit cuz it gives my mom a break so she doesn't feel like she has to be there constantly. I'm gonna try to get up there tomorrow...and if not, then on Thursday.
shelbell

Prayers Please....

Post by shelbell »

Rapunzel;1254176 wrote: Your Gran knows you love her but you need to do what's best for you. Your mum and Gran will understand. Take care of yourself knowing that your Gran is comfortable and has a good life and a loving family around her. What more can any of us ask for?

Much love and hugs to you, Mel. xxxxx :-4 :yh_hugs:yh_hugs:yh_hugs

Thank you Mel, you're so right. I've been so exhausted the past few days that I can barely stay awake, and some nights just fall asleep in my big comfy chair...wake up awhile later and drag myself to bed. I really just need a night in to do a few things that need to be done...like some laundry. :wah:
Imladris

Prayers Please....

Post by Imladris »

shelbell;1254187 wrote: Thank you Mel, you're so right. I've been so exhausted the past few days that I can barely stay awake, and some nights just fall asleep in my big comfy chair...wake up awhile later and drag myself to bed. I really just need a night in to do a few things that need to be done...like some laundry. :wah:

Gran would understand. She knows how much she's loved and no doubt that she loves you too.

She would want you to take care of yourself too. :-4
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
shelbell

Prayers Please....

Post by shelbell »

Imladris;1254307 wrote: Gran would understand. She knows how much she's loved and no doubt that she loves you too.

She would want you to take care of yourself too. :-4

Thanks Immy...you're right, she knows I love her and I know she loves me back. After another terrible night of sleep, I don't even know if it would be safe for me to drive right now.
Rapunzel

Prayers Please....

Post by Rapunzel »

shelbell;1254437 wrote: Thanks Immy...you're right, she knows I love her and I know she loves me back. After another terrible night of sleep, I don't even know if it would be safe for me to drive right now.

If you think you're going to have another bad night then you should take 3 paracetamol and have an early night. I find 3 knock me out for a solid dreamless 8 hours and I wake up feeling soooo much better.

You need to be there for your mum and your kids and your gran, but also for yourself. A good nights sleep will ease a lot of the worries and burdens which plague us so much when we're desperately tired and everything seems like such an unbearably huge deal. A good nights sleep will help you cope so much better with tomorrow.

Hugs to you sweetheart, you're in my thoughts and prayers. If I can do anything to help, even chatting to you on the phone, let me know. Sending lots of hugs and warm thoughts to you. All my love, Mel. xxxxx :-4:yh_hugs:yh_hugs:yh_hugs:yh_hugs
shelbell

Prayers Please....

Post by shelbell »

Rapunzel;1254456 wrote: If you think you're going to have another bad night then you should take 3 paracetamol and have an early night. I find 3 knock me out for a solid dreamless 8 hours and I wake up feeling soooo much better.

You need to be there for your mum and your kids and your gran, but also for yourself. A good nights sleep will ease a lot of the worries and burdens which plague us so much when we're desperately tired and everything seems like such an unbearably huge deal. A good nights sleep will help you cope so much better with tomorrow.

Hugs to you sweetheart, you're in my thoughts and prayers. If I can do anything to help, even chatting to you on the phone, let me know. Sending lots of hugs and warm thoughts to you. All my love, Mel. xxxxx :-4:yh_hugs:yh_hugs:yh_hugs:yh_hugs

Thanks Mel...I don't think we have paracetamol here. I do have tons of hard core meds that are supposed to knock me out...but the way my mind is racing at night, none of them seem to really work. I do fall asleep pretty fast, but know it's waking up so many times. I've tried sleeping pills but they don't work. it just seems to be an endless cycle. I should take a nap, I seem to sleep better during a nap. :-4
Rapunzel

Prayers Please....

Post by Rapunzel »

shelbell;1254462 wrote: Thanks Mel...I don't think we have paracetamol here. I do have tons of hard core meds that are supposed to knock me out...but the way my mind is racing at night, none of them seem to really work. I do fall asleep pretty fast, but know it's waking up so many times. I've tried sleeping pills but they don't work. it just seems to be an endless cycle. I should take a nap, I seem to sleep better during a nap. :-4

I know what you mean, when you're mind is racing and you toss and turn and keep waking up. You're really dozing, not sleeping. If napping helps, go for it. You're going to need your strength for your mum and family in the weeks and months ahead as well as now, so take time to rest and do whatever's best for you. Take care hunny. xxx
Odie

Prayers Please....

Post by Odie »

ohhhhhhhhh yes when the mind is racing.....

get up and try reading sis.
shelbell

Prayers Please....

Post by shelbell »

Rapunzel;1254466 wrote: I know what you mean, when you're mind is racing and you toss and turn and keep waking up. You're really dozing, not sleeping. If napping helps, go for it. You're going to need your strength for your mum and family in the weeks and months ahead as well as now, so take time to rest and do whatever's best for you. Take care hunny. xxx

Oh yeah Mel, you can even tell that you're dozing and not sleeping. I do have meds to help my mind from racing, but when I add those to my Oxycontin(a stong narcotic for pain) and my anti-depressant, it's almost like I'm drunk...plus I'll wake up with a cigarette lit and burning a hole in my clothes or bed...it's a scary thing. So I've had to cut back on my anti-psychotic drug (the one for the racing thoughts) or I'm afraid I'll set me and my bed on fire. I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. It's very frustrating, :-5:-5
shelbell

Prayers Please....

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1254475 wrote: ohhhhhhhhh yes when the mind is racing.....

get up and try reading sis.

I'm still working on finding a boring book...maybe I'll try one that I've already read...the repetiveness may help. :wah:
abbey

Prayers Please....

Post by abbey »

Hiya Shell, Hope you're okay. :-6

How's you gran?
shelbell

Prayers Please....

Post by shelbell »

abbey;1257052 wrote: Hiya Shell, Hope you're okay. :-6

How's you gran?

Too much to handle...spent 2 days basically in bed. Gramma is still about the same...she's a tough old bird. Thanks abbey!! :-6
abbey

Prayers Please....

Post by abbey »

shelbell;1257198 wrote: Too much to handle...spent 2 days basically in bed. Gramma is still about the same...she's a tough old bird. Thanks abbey!! :-6I know only too well how it can knock the stuffing out of you.

Take care of you Shell. :-4
shelbell

Prayers Please....

Post by shelbell »

abbey;1257210 wrote: I know only too well how it can knock the stuffing out of you.

Take care of you Shell. :-4

Thank you abbey...I'm working on it. :-4
farmer giles

Prayers Please....

Post by farmer giles »

keep your chins up girl :):):sneaky::yh_rotfl
shelbell

Prayers Please....

Post by shelbell »

farmer giles;1257235 wrote: keep your chins up girl :):):sneaky::yh_rotfl

Chins? CHINS??? Just how fat do you think I am???? :wah::wah:

Return to “Members' News”