It's worse than we thought folks..

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1247796 wrote: Thankyou to all of you for your lovely good wishes. Also for the private messages and e mails I have recieved. I am over-whelmed bu every-one's kindness.

Pete has been in hospital all day having more X rays and scans. Now, it is the waiting game again. He finds the fatigue the worst. The Oncology department is marvellous and doing all they can.

Thankyou all again :-4:-4

stay positive Julie.

Give Peter a huge hug for me.

xoxo
Life is just to short for drama.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Sending high beams to Pete:-4......
cars

Post by cars »

Again, Wishing only the very best!!!
Cars :)
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Kathy Ellen;1247927 wrote: Sending high beams to Pete:-4...... Kathy...... thank you so much for your get well card that arrived this morning. Pete was so thrilled and a wonderful card of The Statue of Liberty. You really have a heart of gold :-4 I am still over-whelmed by every-one's kindness here. Your card will go on the board along with Ducks card of the Phillies that I treasure from Christmas.

Pete's stop smoking lasted two days :wah: I can't blame him... It's an awful time to pack up when he is so worried about the future.

Thankyou again kathy and to all of you who have e mailed, messaged and posted here. What an awesome bunch you are!!
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

So sorry to hear that news, Oscar. Hoping for the best and sending good thoughts to you and Peter.
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1248329 wrote: Kathy...... thank you so much for your get well card that arrived this morning. Pete was so thrilled and a wonderful card of The Statue of Liberty. You really have a heart of gold :-4 I am still over-whelmed by every-one's kindness here. Your card will go on the board along with Ducks card of the Phillies that I treasure from Christmas.

Pete's stop smoking lasted two days :wah: I can't blame him... It's an awful time to pack up when he is so worried about the future.

Thankyou again kathy and to all of you who have e mailed, messaged and posted here. What an awesome bunch you are!!

It does sound like he is feeling better now, keep up the faith!:-4
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1248369 wrote: It does sound like he is feeling better now, keep up the faith!:-4

Unfortuantely... he feels like shyte and is very tired all the time but we stay positive. I may have to take Raven up on her offer as the Oncology Liason guy is Scottish and I can't understand a word he says :wah:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1248374 wrote: Unfortuantely... he feels like shyte and is very tired all the time but we stay positive. I may have to take Raven up on her offer as the Oncology Liason guy is Scottish and I can't understand a word he says :wah:

so who will take care of him while your away.:confused:
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1248389 wrote: so who will take care of him while your away.:confused:
Don't worry Joan... we have lots of people around us, family, good friends. If he got really bad, of course I wouldn't go. Trust me, he'll be grateful for the quiet and peace :wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1248474 wrote: Don't worry Joan... we have lots of people around us, family, good friends. If he got really bad, of course I wouldn't go. Trust me, he'll be grateful for the quiet and peace :wah:

so will I!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1248480 wrote: so will I!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
No chance... I have a laptop and a stick thingy to hook up to the Internet. I can still get you from anywhere in the country :yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1248483 wrote: No chance... I have a laptop and a stick thingy to hook up to the Internet. I can still get you from anywhere in the country :yh_rotfl

good.:-4

just make sure he feeds Odiekins.:sneaky:
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

How did I miss this thread? Just popping in and out for a few minutes here and there, I guess. :-5

Oscar, hunni, much love and hugs to you and Peter. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. It's funny, I prayed as a child but stopped when I grew older. It was only when I joined FG and I saw how many American members would remember people in their prayers that I slowly started to pray again . . . and do you know what? . . . it really works! :)

With all my love to both of you :-4:-4

Mel xxx :yh_hugs:yh_hugs
Oscar Namechange

Rapunzel;1248489 wrote: How did I miss this thread? Just popping in and out for a few minutes here and there, I guess. :-5

Oscar, hunni, much love and hugs to you and Peter. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. It's funny, I prayed as a child but stopped when I grew older. It was only when I joined FG and I saw how many American members would remember people in their prayers that I slowly started to pray again . . . and do you know what? . . . it really works! :)

With all my love to both of you :-4:-4

Mel xxx :yh_hugs:yh_hugs Thankyou sweetpea :-4 We really do appreciate all the kindness here.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

oscar;1248329 wrote: Kathy...... thank you so much for your get well card that arrived this morning. Pete was so thrilled and a wonderful card of The Statue of Liberty. You really have a heart of gold :-4 I am still over-whelmed by every-one's kindness here. Your card will go on the board along with Ducks card of the Phillies that I treasure from Christmas.

Thanks so much Julie for letting me know about Pete's post...I'm not on all the time and miss a lot of posts...I'm happy that you liked my card...I love the Statue of Liberty and thought Pete would like an American card:-4

Our Duckster is great with her Phillies team...GO PHILLIES:-4
Oscar Namechange

Thankyou again for all the kindness we have recieved on FG.

Just a brief update for you without going into gory details. We spent yesterday at the hospital going through all the results.

Bones clear.

Lungs and bladder... not good. :(

We keep the faith :-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1251499 wrote: Thankyou again for all the kindness we have recieved on FG.

Just a brief update for you without going into gory details. We spent yesterday at the hospital going through all the results.

Bones clear.

what is wrong with his lungs and bladder Julie?
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1251504 wrote: what is wrong with his lungs and bladder Julie? Will pm you.
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1251518 wrote: Will pm you.

thanks Julie.
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

oscar;1251499 wrote: Thankyou again for all the kindness we have recieved on FG.

Bones clear.

Sending good thoughts Peter's way.:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Raven

Post by Raven »

Bones clear.

Oh Honey!!

Now before you go off on one, it doesnt ALWAYS turn out bad! Remember Lance Armstrong? The guy who does the Tour de france every year? Where there is life, there is hope. Our prayers are with you babe. x
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
Oscar Namechange

Raven;1251845 wrote: Oh Honey!!

Now before you go off on one, it doesnt ALWAYS turn out bad! Remember Lance Armstrong? The guy who does the Tour de france every year? Where there is life, there is hope. Our prayers are with you babe. x Thanks Raven. There was always a very high risk of it returning so It's not a huge shock. Just a case of getting on with it now and exploring the options.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

I will keep up my thoughts and prayers for you both.:-4
Raven

Post by Raven »

oscar;1251846 wrote: Thanks Raven. There was always a very high risk of it returning so It's not a huge shock. Just a case of getting on with it now and exploring the options.
It hasnt metastasised to the bone, but what kind of lung involvement is there? Bladder is not hard to get at. Bladder usually responds very well. The main thing is not to panic.
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

Bones clear.

Stay strong Julie ... Love to you both xx :-4:-4
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Oscar Namechange

Raven;1251851 wrote: It hasnt metastasised to the bone, but what kind of lung involvement is there? Bladder is not hard to get at. Bladder usually responds very well. The main thing is not to panic.
Small tumours on lungs but he has had part of his bladder removed the last time round.
Oscar Namechange

pinkchick;1251852 wrote: Stay strong Julie ... Love to you both xx :-4:-4
Thanks Rosie.. much appreciated :-4
Raven

Post by Raven »

oscar;1251861 wrote: Small tumours on lungs but he has had part of his bladder removed the last time round.
Then there is hope for Mr. O.

Just stay strong, and if you need to lash out, unload or just someone to be silent with, I'm here honey. Pm me if you want my number dolly. I understand very well what you are dealing with. But only you know how you are coping. x
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Sorry to hear this, good wishes to you both and stay positive :-6
Oscar Namechange

Raven;1251869 wrote: Then there is hope for Mr. O.

Just stay strong, and if you need to lash out, unload or just someone to be silent with, I'm here honey. Pm me if you want my number dolly. I understand very well what you are dealing with. But only you know how you are coping. x
Thankyou and I will contact you when it becomes too much. Last time round he was given 9 months to live so we know there is hope. We're both fighters and we laugh a lot together. :-6
Raven

Post by Raven »

oscar;1251877 wrote: Thankyou and I will contact you when it becomes too much. Last time round he was given 9 months to live so we know there is hope. We're both fighters and we laugh a lot together. :-6
Well thats healthy! Good on you guys! Besides...Noone knows how long they have in this world. Wouldnt want to know personally. Our prayers are with you. x
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1251861 wrote: Small tumours on lungs but he has had part of his bladder removed the last time round.

There is hope for Peter.

stay strong, and keep the faith Julie!

xoxo
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1251891 wrote: There is hope for Peter.

stay strong, and keep the faith Julie!

xoxo
You've been a good friend Joan.

Thanks to everyone here for all your kindness. :-4:-4:-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1251901 wrote: You've been a good friend Joan.

Thanks to everyone here for all your kindness. :-4:-4:-4

now wheres' my pm?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

or email?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

always here for you kiddo!:-4

xxoxo
Verb of Nothing

Post by Verb of Nothing »

Raven;1251883 wrote: Well thats healthy! Good on you guys! Besides...Noone knows how long they have in this world.
thank god, may I add. At the least it's funnier this way.

Anyway, the real problem is not Living or Dying. You can choose to die/not die, you can choose to live/not live.

What you really can't choose is being born/not being born.

This kind of cheer me up, but at the same time saddens me because I realize I find myself here for my parents wish; not for mine.
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1251902 wrote: now wheres' my pm?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

or email?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

always here for you kiddo!:-4

xxoxo
Whoops.. :o:o Sorry... I tend to get distracted these days :wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1251907 wrote: Whoops.. :o:o Sorry... I tend to get distracted these days :wah:

don't you always!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

is Odiekins inside yet.:sneaky:
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

sending strength for peter:-4:-4 Its a very hard thing to go through i know:(

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Oscar Namechange

kazalala;1251939 wrote: sending strength for peter:-4:-4 Its a very hard thing to go through i know:(
Thanks Kaz :-4:-4
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

All the best to both of you.:-4
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Oscar Namechange

Clodhopper;1252059 wrote: All the best to both of you.:-4 Thankyou... very kind. :-4
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Bones clear.

Still sending love and prayers to both of you Jules. :-4:yh_pray
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Keep the faith Oscar your both in my prayers. :yh_pray:yh_pray
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Oscar Namechange

Today I went to my first meeting for partners of those with terminal Illness. I expected doom and gloom all around and to be honest, did not want to go. I have not laughed that much in months. We swapped stories, and just laughed and laughed until I came away far more upbeat. A great meeting and will go again. :-6
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

oscar;1254073 wrote: Today I went to my first meeting for partners of those with terminal Illness. I expected doom and gloom all around and to be honest, did not want to go. I have not laughed that much in months. We swapped stories, and just laughed and laughed until I came away far more upbeat. A great meeting and will go again. :-6

So glad it helped...it's good to have a support system in place at trying times like these. :-4
Oscar Namechange

shelbell;1254110 wrote: So glad it helped...it's good to have a support system in place at trying times like these. :-4

Yes and you also realise there are folk far worse off than yourself. :thinking::thinking:
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I'm so glad that you joined a support groups Julie. That was a very smart thing to do:-6:-4

I wish that I had done that when my Dad passed away in front of me, in a very frenzied way, and found out that Mom had alzheimers at the same time. We thought that both of our parents were becoming forgetful and just aging....... turned our lives upside down and spun around for years.

Hope this group brings you some peace (((Julie))).
Oscar Namechange

Kathy Ellen;1254132 wrote: I'm so glad that you joined a support groups Julie. That was a very smart thing to do:-6:-4

I wish that I had done that when my Dad passed away in front of me, in a very frenzied way, and found out that Mom had alzheimers at the same time. We thought that both of our parents were becoming forgetful and just aging....... turned our lives upside down and spun around for years.

Hope this group brings you some peace (((Julie))).
Thanks Kathy... Watching any loved one suffer is so hard and I was surprised we found so much to laugh at together. I must say that I'm not a fan of group therepy but the laughter did me good. I agree that it helps and would have helped you with your parents. :-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1254073 wrote: Today I went to my first meeting for partners of those with terminal Illness. I expected doom and gloom all around and to be honest, did not want to go. I have not laughed that much in months. We swapped stories, and just laughed and laughed until I came away far more upbeat. A great meeting and will go again. :-6

You needed to laugh Julie.

Happy that it helped.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

hugs.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."

Return to “Members' News”