just so i don't have to post this on every thread i enter haha

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

I'm doing amazing, School starts in august, i've been working at this place called Kemah Boardwalk... Best job ever i get to play with stingrays all day, but i technically am supposed to be working in the giftshop of aquarium and pretty much i'm retail... I've met a lot of cool people working there. I've learned i'm horrible with accents... an australian man ask me for post cards and i thought he said porter or something... he then said cheers and i thought he said cheese. I'm flying for the first time ever next week to Arizona!!! pretty excited about that. going to pick up my sister who just had surgery for an implant... and hmmm How have you been? oh and i've lost like 30 pounds... lol just thought i'd throw that in.... :)
Smoke signals ftw!
abbey

Post by abbey »

Well done, Well done oh and Well done. :-6

Good to see you safe and happy. :-4
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

HI there!:Dlooks like you are having a great time and enjoying life!,, good to see you here:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I was one of the one's who kept asking :wah:

Good to hear your doing well and long may it continue :)
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Peg

Post by Peg »

Omni_Skittles;1223239 wrote: I'm doing amazing, School starts in august, i've been working at this place called Kemah Boardwalk... Best job ever i get to play with stingrays all day, but i technically am supposed to be working in the giftshop of aquarium and pretty much i'm retail... I've met a lot of cool people working there. I've learned i'm horrible with accents... an australian man ask me for post cards and i thought he said porter or something... he then said cheers and i thought he said cheese. I'm flying for the first time ever next week to Arizona!!! pretty excited about that. going to pick up my sister who just had surgery for an implant... and hmmm How have you been? oh and i've lost like 30 pounds... lol just thought i'd throw that in.... :)

Good to see you again and with such great news! :-4
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Good to see you Skittles! Well done you! Enjoy your trip to your sister :-4:-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

Omni_Skittles;1223239 wrote: I'm doing amazing, School starts in august, i've been working at this place called Kemah Boardwalk... Best job ever i get to play with stingrays all day, but i technically am supposed to be working in the giftshop of aquarium and pretty much i'm retail... I've met a lot of cool people working there. I've learned i'm horrible with accents... an australian man ask me for post cards and i thought he said porter or something... he then said cheers and i thought he said cheese. I'm flying for the first time ever next week to Arizona!!! pretty excited about that. going to pick up my sister who just had surgery for an implant... and hmmm How have you been? oh and i've lost like 30 pounds... lol just thought i'd throw that in.... :)

playing with stingrays all day?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

great place to work in an aquarium giftshop!:guitarist:guitarist

awesome on the weight loss!

hope you enjoy your first flight!:guitarist:guitarist

yes....implants....hmmmmmmm

life's been hard in 2009.........but slowly improving.
Life is just to short for drama.
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

aww thank ya everyone

and yes oscar you were one. hahaha but it's okay... i just thought other people would get annoyed about hearing about me in a thread about something completly opposite.... hmm i wonder when that started bothering me...

odie, lol... and lol. my sister had a transplant is what i meant to say... maybe... ya know i'm not really sure... i just know she's robotic.... cyborg.... explains a lot if you ask me!!!! oh and of course life is hard... i know that but isn't it so much fun!!!!
Smoke signals ftw!
minks

Post by minks »

Awesome to hear from ya. Great things going on for you Omni yay for you.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Omni_Skittles;1223239 wrote: I've learned i'm horrible with accents

Keep practicing.

Doing English accents is fairly easy, why not start there then work your way up to Ethiopian accents. Theyre funny !

Do you do impressions too ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Nomad;1223373 wrote: Keep practicing.

Doing English accents is fairly easy, why not start there then work your way up to Ethiopian accents. Theyre funny !

Do you do impressions too ?

I meant i'm horrible with understanding accents. :-3
Smoke signals ftw!
Odie

Post by Odie »

Omni_Skittles;1223356 wrote: aww thank ya everyone

and yes oscar you were one. hahaha but it's okay... i just thought other people would get annoyed about hearing about me in a thread about something completly opposite.... hmm i wonder when that started bothering me...

odie, lol... and lol. my sister had a transplant is what i meant to say... maybe... ya know i'm not really sure... i just know she's robotic.... cyborg.... explains a lot if you ask me!!!! oh and of course life is hard... i know that but isn't it so much fun!!!!

oh yeah, life's just been a blast!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Omni_Skittles;1223374 wrote: I meant i'm horrible with understanding accents. :-3

What ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

Hey little skittle :D

Good to see you. I'm glad you're enjoying life :-6
Very nearly perfect ... :D
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Long time no see OS, but glad things are going fine for you ! Really well done on the weight loss !!! Good for you Mrs....... keep up the good work. Ere enjoy your flight and your stay with your sister !! :-6 :D ;)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Hi, Skittles. Good to hear from you and see you're doing well. Good on ya.:-6
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Nomad;1223469 wrote: What ? nuthin
Smoke signals ftw!
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

an australian man ask me for post cards and i thought he said porter or something... he then said cheers and i thought he said cheese.

Nobody understood my accent when I was in America. It was okay at first but conversation wise I was looked at pretty bleakly. It happens. But it can get confusing because I had one guy think I was german and began talking to me in german which confused things even worse.:wah::wah::wah::wah:

Australians tend to run their words into one another, and lose a couple of bits of alphabet along the way. Unless of course we talk proper like. I had to unnounciate my words a lot

Glad to see you're doing well skittles. 30 ? wow good for you !!!
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Omni_Skittles;1223374 wrote: I meant i'm horrible with understanding accents. :-3

Welcome back, Skittles! So nice to see ya here and doing well.

The good thing about the Forum Garden.............we all have the same accent. :wah:
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

fuzzywuzzy;1223662 wrote: Nobody understood my accent when I was in America. It was okay at first but conversation wise I was looked at pretty bleakly. It happens. But it can get confusing because I had one guy think I was german and began talking to me in german which confused things even worse.:wah::wah::wah::wah:

Australians tend to run their words into one another, and lose a couple of bits of alphabet along the way. Unless of course we talk proper like. I had to unnounciate my words a lot

Glad to see you're doing well skittles. 30 ? wow good for you !!!yeah it's really funny. he started speaking to me in spanish and i was like ummm i'm native american and he called me something... in..dig....i..dous or something. lol

It's easy to lose thirty pounds when you run and stop eating solids for three weeks lol
Smoke signals ftw!

Return to “Members' News”