Rental Question

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
chonsigirl

Rental Question

Post by chonsigirl »

Question: What agency(s) would I call to report an incorrect increase on a mobile space?

Background: I stayed at my own mobile home when I went to visit, and when they gave my daughter the space bill they added a $120 increase! (I assume because I stayed there, the home owner) She is going to try and clear this up on Friday herself, but I want some backup in case they try to pressure her into paying this silly fee. (ah, she is expecting, she was crying about it on the phone last night) How can they charge the homeowner for residing in their own residence?

You know, I do not complain, well too much. But this ticked me off.

And even though all my family came to see me when I came out, before the visit not one offered me a place to stay. They assumed I would stay at my own place, which I did. Or rent a hotel room, which not have money to do. it is an unusual thing to do, because my first husband lives there too. But it turned out all right, we all got along with no problems. But I guess my family assumes I am well enough off to afford such things-the expect the kids to rent a car next month when they go. They are under 25 and cannot do that, someone will have to pick them up from the airport. Their brother will. But it is kind of sad, they saved their own money for the tickets, and are splitting the cost of the baby shower they are throwing. (I did the prep work while there, and bought lots of the stuff ahead of time) My mom is too senile to drive, but my brother and sister are both retired and have nothing to do. They could pick them up! They have never offered all these years.

Advice on the rental question is appreciated, I wanted numbers ready in case my daughter gets a hassle.
CARLA

Rental Question

Post by CARLA »

Wouldn't it be the place where the mobile home is at? They usually have a main office somewhere on the grounds.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

fuzzywuzzy

Rental Question

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Is their a law concerning increases to rent where you are? There should be something that says Rent cannot be increased over a certain percentage of the original rent. (ie: ten pecent, 30 percent.)
chonsigirl

Rental Question

Post by chonsigirl »

CARLA;1222717 wrote: Wouldn't it be the place where the mobile home is at? They usually have a main office somewhere on the grounds.

My daughter is going up there Friday to talk to them before paying the space rent for the month. It was handwritten in on the official rent notice that they would have to pay an additional $120 for the month. And the yearly lease was just signed in June, there can be no rent increases until next year.
Odie

Rental Question

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1222710 wrote: Question: What agency(s) would I call to report an incorrect increase on a mobile space?

Background: I stayed at my own mobile home when I went to visit, and when they gave my daughter the space bill they added a $120 increase! (I assume because I stayed there, the home owner) She is going to try and clear this up on Friday herself, but I want some backup in case they try to pressure her into paying this silly fee. (ah, she is expecting, she was crying about it on the phone last night) How can they charge the homeowner for residing in their own residence?

You know, I do not complain, well too much. But this ticked me off.

And even though all my family came to see me when I came out, before the visit not one offered me a place to stay. They assumed I would stay at my own place, which I did. Or rent a hotel room, which not have money to do. it is an unusual thing to do, because my first husband lives there too. But it turned out all right, we all got along with no problems. But I guess my family assumes I am well enough off to afford such things-the expect the kids to rent a car next month when they go. They are under 25 and cannot do that, someone will have to pick them up from the airport. Their brother will. But it is kind of sad, they saved their own money for the tickets, and are splitting the cost of the baby shower they are throwing. (I did the prep work while there, and bought lots of the stuff ahead of time) My mom is too senile to drive, but my brother and sister are both retired and have nothing to do. They could pick them up! They have never offered all these years.

Advice on the rental question is appreciated, I wanted numbers ready in case my daughter gets a hassle.

because your the home owner, why would they charge you to stay at your own place?

are others paying the same amount?

you should only have to pay an increase yearly.....just like everyone else.
Life is just to short for drama.
Nomad

Rental Question

Post by Nomad »

Write or phone your California congressman/woman if they give you the business.

I assure you they will be very helpful and courteous. At the very least they will put you in touch with the right people. Trust me on this one.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Members' News”