When WE were Newbies

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
Nomad

When WE were Newbies

Post by Nomad »

qsducks;1197016 wrote: I remember joining back in 07...man was I fresh kill...now I'm used to it:wah:

Your still fresh kill to me. :)
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

When WE were Newbies

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1197013 wrote: Odie.............you thought I was gonna let you slip by. Oh no, my friend. :wah:

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/intro ... post925009

omg....so many wonderful replies!:guitarist:guitarist

now I finally know what Spot meant!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I felt like a little kid!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

thanks along, for the memories.:-4
Life is just to short for drama.
along-for-the-ride

When WE were Newbies

Post by along-for-the-ride »

:) Just found AussiePam.................

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/intro ... post217429
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
RedGlitter

When WE were Newbies

Post by RedGlitter »

12-22-05

Hi Everyone,

I just stumbled across your board this morning while looking for another online community. I usually hang out at Care2.com but sometimes it's a little slow over there which is when I plan to be here :)

A little about me: I'm 39, I live in Arizona and I work in animal rescue. I have done that since 1999.

I like cooking, reading (non fiction) music, being out in Nature and making people laugh. I have a lot of eclectic interests: I study the Victorian era, I collect seashells, birds, pigs, crystal balls and jewelry, preferably vintage. I'm very opinionated and often times my opinions are unpopular with people but I have to be who I am. I can be pretty straightforward at times. Nevertheless, I'm a kind person and worth getting to know. Have a nice day! :-6

Red Glitter
qsducks

When WE were Newbies

Post by qsducks »

qsducks;1187478 wrote: Hi, I'm Qsducks (my kid is a rubber duck collector, hence the name) - Live in a small town right outside of Philadelphia, PA - Go Eagles & Phillies, but most of all I'd love to see the Boston Red Sox win the World Serious again! Full time mom/everything to 4 kids 6 to 18 all still at home/school. Married to a Simon Cowell look alike and the only difference is my "Simon" is nicer and funnier.

Dabble in arts/crafts, yard sales etc. Fave color is blue, fave food is Cheesesteaks - the REAL KIND from the Philly Area (Pat's & Geno's), vacation in Ocean City, NJ (Weird Week participant every year). Love to have fun in general and glad to have these boards as an outlet to explore and have a good time with people. I already know several people here, so it's nice to meet everybody.

Still collect rubber ducks, go to yardsales, etc. Laura has since moved onto college and working full time and the other 3 are getting ready to bump up to the next grade in Sept. Hubs is still working. No Weird Week this year...going to Ireland instead. Must say, I've met a load of wonderful peeps here on the FG.:-4
I take it back on the Eagles...lose this year & feed Vicks to the dogs or better yet, throw him into the Delaware River...we'll never see him again:wah:
Barman

When WE were Newbies

Post by Barman »

Good evening to you all, i have just found this forum quite by accident. It looks huge with a lot of interesting alleyways so i joined instantly. I will have a look around, hopefully without getting lost then join in.

Mine dated 1st Feb 2007, amazed i found it.:)
Odie

When WE were Newbies

Post by Odie »

Barman;1230449 wrote: Mine dated 1st Feb 2007, amazed i found it.:)

cool isn't it?:-6

I just went to 'my topcs' and its the very last one.
Barman

When WE were Newbies

Post by Barman »

Odie;1230456 wrote: cool isn't it?:-6

I just went to 'my topcs' and its the very last one.

I had to look in other ways after changing my name from Soberano to Barman by deed poll.:wah:
Accountable

When WE were Newbies

Post by Accountable »

For those with too many posts to list that way, do an advanced search on yourself with no keyword. Order the posts in ascending order and you're done! :)
qsducks

When WE were Newbies

Post by qsducks »

Nomad;1197093 wrote: Your still fresh kill to me. :)

bite me
almostfamous

When WE were Newbies

Post by almostfamous »

This was a cool idea along :)

It was enlightening too ... I realized I already knew who fuzzywuzzy and barman were... sneaky lil buggers you :wah:

I'm back

As for my original intro, it's in the abyss after I requested an account delete a year or so ago. Suckdom.

A lot has changed though lemme tell ya, I won't bore you with details. Tons of life lessons learned and life-altering events since November 06. I'm sure several can relate.

As for me, I feel I'm pretty well the same person just a little wiser in a few areas. A little more scarred and burned but stronger for all of it.
Odie

When WE were Newbies

Post by Odie »

Accountable;1230459 wrote: For those with too many posts to list that way, do an advanced search on yourself with no keyword. Order the posts in ascending order and you're done! :)

to find their intro?

...click on 'my topics'........it will be the last one.;)
shelbell

When WE were Newbies

Post by shelbell »

Hi All

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am married, 3 daughters, 2 grandsons and another grandbaby on the way. I'm also "momma" to 2 dogs, 2 turtles and 3 fish. That's all the animals...for now. Only one kid left at home and she is gone a large portion of the time. Everyone thinks I have ESP because I figure out everything if someone is up to something they shouldn't be. They also call me Dr Doolittle because I have bonds with all our animals and can play with them and handle them the way no one else can...I read their signs and know what they want. Can you tell I'm almost an empty nester? I talk more about my animals than my kids. My husband and I are aproaching our 17th anniversary (Dec. 5) and I'm getting close to my 44th b-day (Thursday the 26th). Hubby is taking me to a Cubs game that day.

I guess not much has changed...still talk about my youngest daughter and my "puppies" a lot! :wah::wah:
Accountable

When WE were Newbies

Post by Accountable »

Odie;1230471 wrote: to find their intro?

...click on 'my topics'........it will be the last one.;)
Not mine. Too many to list. :) eta: must just be too long a history. Plus, some people intoduced themselves in other threads instead of starting their own.
AussiePam

When WE were Newbies

Post by AussiePam »

almostfamous;1230468 wrote: This was a cool idea along :)

As for my original intro, it's in the abyss after I requested an account delete a year or so ago. Suckdom.

You've made my day, almostfamous. A wondrous new word

SUCKDOM - enters Pam's poisonal dictionary - ça craint!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

almostfamous

When WE were Newbies

Post by almostfamous »

AussiePam;1230536 wrote: You've made my day, almostfamous. A wondrous new word

SUCKDOM - enters Pam's poisonal dictionary - ça craint!

he he he, that's a favorite of mine
almostfamous

When WE were Newbies

Post by almostfamous »

I just decided to google it and see if it had ever been used before. It appears I'm not as original as I thought. Bob Dylan appears to have spent time there as well as another blogger appears to live there.

Interesting I must say.
AussiePam

When WE were Newbies

Post by AussiePam »

Well I heard it first from you!! And immediately felt a spark of creativity overwhelm the blonde murk - but of course this feeling also has something to do with the nostalgia trip to FG past... grin.

It being Sunday, and sunny - in fact summery even - I'm heading to the beach - but will tuck suckdom away in my spiralling psyche and see how it reacts to sand, salt and surf...

:sneaky:

almostfamous

When WE were Newbies

Post by almostfamous »

AussiePam;1230591 wrote: Well I heard it first from you!! And immediately felt a spark of creativity overwhelm the blonde murk - but of course this feeling also has something to do with the nostalgia trip to FG past... grin.

It being Sunday, and sunny - in fact summery even - I'm heading to the beach - but will tuck suckdom away in my spiralling psyche and see how it reacts to sand, salt and surf...

:wah:

Yeah! You teach that elusive place a lesson you hear me?! :D

Enjoy the beach, I made my trip earlier :-6
OpenMind

When WE were Newbies

Post by OpenMind »

AussiePam;1230591 wrote: Well I heard it first from you!! And immediately felt a spark of creativity overwhelm the blonde murk - but of course this feeling also has something to do with the nostalgia trip to FG past... grin.

You go careful, AP. You don't want to come across any suckdoms in the sea. The sand's bad enough.:-2
AussiePam

When WE were Newbies

Post by AussiePam »

GUFFAW Openmind, almostfamous!!! It was a brilliant hot late winter's day at the beach. The water is still a bit cool, but everyone was in, wetsuits or not. Serious surfers, mermaids, dogs, kids, adults.. The lizards were out sunning themselves on the rocks too, and Romy fed them banana. Awesome day. Hard to believe the snowfields are only a couple of hours drive away... Australia is amazing. :-6

ps I managed somehow not to step in any suckdoms (and vice versa)

pinkchick

When WE were Newbies

Post by pinkchick »

Suckdom.

I'm with Pam ... fantastic word :D
Very nearly perfect ... :D
AussiePam

When WE were Newbies

Post by AussiePam »

Yes it is, isn't it!!! :sneaky: All pretty good here, touch wood, pinkchick!! How's things with you?

OpenMind

When WE were Newbies

Post by OpenMind »

AussiePam;1230633 wrote: GUFFAW Openmind, almostfamous!!! It was a brilliant hot late winter's day at the beach. The water is still a bit cool, but everyone was in, wetsuits or not. Serious surfers, mermaids, dogs, kids, adults.. The lizards were out sunning themselves on the rocks too, and Romy fed them banana. Awesome day. Hard to believe the snowfields are only a couple of hours drive away... Australia is amazing. :-6

ps I managed somehow not to step in any suckdoms (and vice versa)

Oh God. I've seen people jumping in the sea on Christmas day in Bournemouth here. Mind you, I know the sea is always warmer than the air when the climate is cold. Not that much though. Chucking it down with freezing rain too.
neffy

When WE were Newbies

Post by neffy »

i have looked for ine and find it:-1
The rottie queen
AussiePam

When WE were Newbies

Post by AussiePam »

Blimey neffy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! G'day to you, and to you too OM !!!

neffy

When WE were Newbies

Post by neffy »

hi pam nice to be back hows you ? xxx
The rottie queen
AussiePam

When WE were Newbies

Post by AussiePam »

Not bad Neffy!!! How's the rotties?

Return to “Members' News”