Where is this member?

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
User avatar
Betty Boop
Posts: 16499
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: The end of the World

Where is this member?

Post by Betty Boop »

AnneBoleyn;1513210 wrote: Thanks for the encouraging words, Bruv.

“Nolite te bastardes carborundorum” (sic)

or

“Don’t let the bastards grind you down.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... ret-atwood

OK. I won't, but it will not be easy!


Hi Anne, great to see you, great book too, have you read it?
User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6632
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Where is this member?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Betty Boop;1513211 wrote: Hi Anne, great to see you, great book too, have you read it?


I don't think so. I did see the movie years ago with Natasha Richardson & am now watching the TV series with Elisabeth Moss. I have yet to watch episode 10, and thought that was the end of the show, but have since learned that there will be a second season; glad to hear there is more to the story. I don't remember the movie, so don't know how it ends. Please, Don't Tell Me!

Thank you for your kind words, it is nice to speak with you again.
User avatar
Betty Boop
Posts: 16499
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: The end of the World

Where is this member?

Post by Betty Boop »

AnneBoleyn;1513213 wrote: I don't think so. I did see the movie years ago with Natasha Richardson & am now watching the TV series with Elisabeth Moss. I have yet to watch episode 10, and thought that was the end of the show, but have since learned that there will be a second season; glad to hear there is more to the story. I don't remember the movie, so don't know how it ends. Please, Don't Tell Me!

Thank you for your kind words, it is nice to speak with you again.


Studied the book at college and love it, not seen the film, maybe I should. I've been watching the series slowly, I re-read the book before the series started and I'm up to around episode six of the series but taking my time as it's not following the book at all at the moment, can't decide if I like it or not :-3
User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6632
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Where is this member?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I love the series & have embarked on a Elisabeth Moss kick. Will next watch "Top of the Lake." Have you?









'
User avatar
Betty Boop
Posts: 16499
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: The end of the World

Where is this member?

Post by Betty Boop »

AnneBoleyn;1513241 wrote: I love the series & have embarked on a Elisabeth Moss kick. Will next watch "Top of the Lake." Have you?

'


No, not seen that one yet, maybe I will have a look for it once I've unpacked and settled back to mundane life after a week in Teneriefe :wah:

Return to “Members' News”