Irish People head to Florida

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Record numbers of Irish people are forsaking traditional Christmas celebrations at home this year to travel to sunny locations like Florida USA, and Spain. Its because of the continious bad weather of Rain, winds and frosty air. Some 50,000 Irish will fly out today for the sun. :driving:
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

capt_buzzard wrote: Record numbers of Irish people are forsaking traditional Christmas celebrations at home this year to travel to sunny locations like Florida USA, and Spain. Its because of the continious bad weather of Rain, winds and frosty air. Some 50,000 Irish will fly out today for the sun. :driving:
Indeed! You piqued my curiosity so I just checked:

UK ADVANCE WARNINGS OF SEVERE WEATHER

These warnings are issued when severe weather is expected to cause widespread disruption to traffic etc. over the next few days. See the guide below for more details.

Current warnings:

ADVANCE WARNING OF SEVERE WEATHER

Here is an ADVANCED WARNING of Heavy Snow affecting Scotland, Northern Ireland, England and Wales.

Issued by the Met Office at 08:52 on Thursday, 23 December 2004.

The Met Office is still forecasting a much colder spell for Christmas, in complete contrast with the mild weather experienced at present.

Bands of snow showers are forecast to develop in the north-west tomorrow, Christmas Eve. These will spread to many other northern and western areas overnight and during Christmas Day, becoming heavier and more prolonged as they do so. There is an increasing risk of some snow showers in the east on 26th as winds come in from the North Sea. Southeastern areas may see the rain turn to snow on the highest hills on Christmas Eve, but generally dry weather will follow with only a low risk of localised snow showers.

Confidence in a cold spell for Christmas is now considered high, but there remain doubts in the exact detail relating to the snow. Marked localised variations in snowfall are expected, with locations exposed to the north or northwest seeing several centimetres, whilst other more sheltered areas escape with little, if any. Disruption to travel is more likely in the north and west.

For enquiries regarding this warning - please contact your regional Met Office.

Transmitted by the Met Office at 08:52 on Thursday 23 December

Make sure you know what to do when severe weather is forecast, follow our severe weather advice. For more detailed weather information in your area, contact Weathercall.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Tombstone wrote: Indeed! You piqued my curiosity so I just checked:

UK ADVANCE WARNINGS OF SEVERE WEATHER

These warnings are issued when severe weather is expected to cause widespread disruption to traffic etc. over the next few days. See the guide below for more details.

Current warnings:

ADVANCE WARNING OF SEVERE WEATHER

Here is an ADVANCED WARNING of Heavy Snow affecting Scotland, Northern Ireland, England and Wales.

Issued by the Met Office at 08:52 on Thursday, 23 December 2004.

The Met Office is still forecasting a much colder spell for Christmas, in complete contrast with the mild weather experienced at present.

Bands of snow showers are forecast to develop in the north-west tomorrow, Christmas Eve. These will spread to many other northern and western areas overnight and during Christmas Day, becoming heavier and more prolonged as they do so. There is an increasing risk of some snow showers in the east on 26th as winds come in from the North Sea. Southeastern areas may see the rain turn to snow on the highest hills on Christmas Eve, but generally dry weather will follow with only a low risk of localised snow showers.

Confidence in a cold spell for Christmas is now considered high, but there remain doubts in the exact detail relating to the snow. Marked localised variations in snowfall are expected, with locations exposed to the north or northwest seeing several centimetres, whilst other more sheltered areas escape with little, if any. Disruption to travel is more likely in the north and west.

For enquiries regarding this warning - please contact your regional Met Office.

Transmitted by the Met Office at 08:52 on Thursday 23 December

Make sure you know what to do when severe weather is forecast, follow our severe weather advice. For more detailed weather information in your area, contact Weathercall.
I think we might just escape www.meteireann.ie/ :driving:
Der Wulf

Post by Der Wulf »

capt_buzzard wrote: Record numbers of Irish people are forsaking traditional Christmas celebrations at home this year to travel to sunny locations like Florida USA, and Spain. Its because of the continious bad weather of Rain, winds and frosty air. Some 50,000 Irish will fly out today for the sun. :driving:Send them to visit sunny Arizona, we love euro cash. (we like the Irish too):D
Old age and treachery, is an acceptable response to overwelming youth and skill :D
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by der wulf

Send them to visit sunny Arizona, we love euro cash. (we like the Irish too)

Yeah I want to see death valley and places like that,.
Der Wulf

Post by Der Wulf »

gmc wrote: Yeah I want to see death valley and places like that,.
Sure hope santa brought you a map, or geography book for Christmas.:yh_shame
Old age and treachery, is an acceptable response to overwelming youth and skill :D
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by der wulf

Sure hope santa brought you a map, or geography book for Christmas.

OK I'll get a map to find out where death valley is but the I'd also come see the grand canyon.
A Karenina

Post by A Karenina »

Death Valley is in CA, but the Grand Canyon is in AZ. No worries, gmc, they're right next door to each other. :)

I bet it was fun in FL for Christmas with the mini "Irish invasion". :D
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

gmc wrote: OK I'll get a map to find out where death valley is but the I'd also come see the grand canyon.
Definitely see the Grand Canyon first!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
A Karenina

Post by A Karenina »

I get to go!! (Happy Dancing) I get to go!! :-6

My buddy/coworker is having a condo built in AZ, and insists that I use it for a week. Who am I to refuse? (laughing) So I get to go see the Grand Canyon next winter. yay!
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
Der Wulf

Post by Der Wulf »

gmc wrote: OK I'll get a map to find out where death valley is but the I'd also come see the grand canyon.[I'm apologizing in advance, but I can't control myself]

Hmm, Grand Canyon, Death Valley, -sounds like a pilgrimage to our Hole 'y places. So better add Carlsbad (New Mexico), and Karschner (Az.) caverns, Ancient Cliff dwellings, and La Brea tar pit. Then if you need uplifting, you'll be right next door to the Rocky Mountains.

:-6

Return to “Members' News”