getting readyy for the holidays

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
thomas40

Post by thomas40 »

now i am getting already for the holdays now hard to belive they are here already where does the time go? :) :-6
A Karenina

Post by A Karenina »

I'm looking forward to the holidays this year, even with being forced to solve knotty problems like where will I put my tree. (I moved earlier this year, and I really have nowhere to put the tree.)

What are some of your favorite traditions and things to do at holiday time?

My friends and I will be window shopping downtown, and eating hot roasted chestnuts with apple cider.

I will visit the coolest toy store in town and play with the newest stuff - even though I don't have any little kids to buy for.

I love, love, love the tiny white lights on my tree with small bright red apples. Makes me grin, and I don't know why. :)
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Well I put up my little 3 foot fiber optic tree...!! One more present to buy.. and I will be all done..!! :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

One thing we Irish are jealious of about the Americans at the Christmas holiday is, you guys having the White Christmas. Ours is only on Christmas cards. :-5
cars

Post by cars »

capt_buzzard wrote: One thing we Irish are jealious of about the Americans at the Christmas holiday is, you guys having the White Christmas. Ours is only on Christmas cards. :-5

White Christmas on cards is beautiful, (actually in life also) but White Christmas on the roads, makes it treacherous to visit relatives& friends! Guess can't have it good both ways! :wah:
Cars :)
Peg

Post by Peg »

I definately could live without a white Christmas!
persephone

Post by persephone »

I miss snow ball fights, and trying to stay on my feet rather than on my bum

I'm not going to risk a tree this year as my dog would try to eat it, and everytime I came home I would find it pulled over.

However I have baked 2 Christmas cakes, one alcoholic and the other just fruit :yh_party
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
minks

Post by minks »

Peg wrote: I definately could live without a white Christmas!

You clone my thoughts Peg. I can do without the snow thanks, give me sand and palm trees for christmas thanks :)
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
minks

Post by minks »

A Karenina wrote: I'm looking forward to the holidays this year, even with being forced to solve knotty problems like where will I put my tree. (I moved earlier this year, and I really have nowhere to put the tree.)

What are some of your favorite traditions and things to do at holiday time?

My friends and I will be window shopping downtown, and eating hot roasted chestnuts with apple cider.

I will visit the coolest toy store in town and play with the newest stuff - even though I don't have any little kids to buy for.

I love, love, love the tiny white lights on my tree with small bright red apples. Makes me grin, and I don't know why. :)

I did the same as you moved into a smaller house and had to struggle with where to put my tree which was huge (larger house when married) so I went to zellers and bought me a new one much smaller and be damed if I didn't get the little 5 footer for like $32 what a bargin. I reduced my decorations, lord knows I had excess (going from an 8 ft tree to a 5ft tree)and it looks quite quaint and cozy.

My fave xmas traditions is getting together with my parents and brother and sister inlaw. You know no matter what or who comes and goes in our lives our family will always remain our family. So it is comforting for me to know I go back to them every christmas. This christmas 1 more person out of a family of 4 is gone. Seems a bit tough but I know she is not far, just choosing to be elsewhere. So family support is golden to me.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “Members' News”