What a crap month

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
User avatar
magentaflame
Posts: 2920
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia

What a crap month

Post by magentaflame »

For Guy David Browne



bullying at work
car written off in a flood
now my little brother has died.

I'm stunned at just how shitty life can get.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
User avatar
spot
Posts: 39132
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

Re: What a crap month

Post by spot »

That's terrible news, I hope you have people locally to help you especially if it was unexpected. Where was he?
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
magentaflame
Posts: 2920
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: What a crap month

Post by magentaflame »

Hes died in Sydney and they are in lockdown. Its been nearly two weeks since he has passed and we know nothing. No body, no news if the coroner has seen to him.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
User avatar
Bryn Mawr
Posts: 15924
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: What a crap month

Post by Bryn Mawr »

magentaflame wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:02 pm Hes died in Sydney and they are in lockdown. Its been nearly two weeks since he has passed and we know nothing. No body, no news if the coroner has seen to him.
Shitty news indeed, my condolences.
User avatar
magentaflame
Posts: 2920
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: What a crap month

Post by magentaflame »

Thank you Bryn. It still hasn't hit properly yet/ It will probably be another couple of weeks to receive his body/ashes back. It just sucks. All we know is that he died in bed with his phone sitting on his chest. Something to do with his heart but not a heart attack as such.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
User avatar
Bryn Mawr
Posts: 15924
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: What a crap month

Post by Bryn Mawr »

magentaflame wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:46 pm Thank you Bryn. It still hasn't hit properly yet/ It will probably be another couple of weeks to receive his body/ashes back. It just sucks. All we know is that he died in bed with his phone sitting on his chest. Something to do with his heart but not a heart attack as such.
A friend of mine died like that in his forties, his wife woke on Christmas morning and found he’d died during the night. The doctors said it was congenital and could have happened at any time.
User avatar
magentaflame
Posts: 2920
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: What a crap month

Post by magentaflame »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:46 pm
magentaflame wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:46 pm Thank you Bryn. It still hasn't hit properly yet/ It will probably be another couple of weeks to receive his body/ashes back. It just sucks. All we know is that he died in bed with his phone sitting on his chest. Something to do with his heart but not a heart attack as such.
A friend of mine died like that in his forties, his wife woke on Christmas morning and found he’d died during the night. The doctors said it was congenital and could have happened at any time.
yeah....won't tell my son that.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12481
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Re: What a crap month

Post by LarsMac »

I'm sorry for your loss, Mags.
Control is an illusion. The Chaos is all part of the fun.
-Susan Hattie Steinsapir
User avatar
magentaflame
Posts: 2920
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: What a crap month

Post by magentaflame »

LarsMac wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:40 am I'm sorry for your loss, Mags.
Thank you mate.
We still haven't put him in the ground yet.....freaking lockdowns.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
User avatar
Bryn Mawr
Posts: 15924
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: What a crap month

Post by Bryn Mawr »

magentaflame wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:29 pm
LarsMac wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:40 am I'm sorry for your loss, Mags.
Thank you mate.
We still haven't put him in the ground yet.....freaking lockdowns.
That’s shocking - it must be coming up three month now :-(

I really feel for you, that must be devastating.
User avatar
FourPart
Posts: 6463
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:12 am

Re: What a crap month

Post by FourPart »

Crappiest month for me, ever.

I make a Non-Work related Political Comment on a Non-Work related Facebook Group (on the Jeremy Corbyn Group - story was about the Convicted Criminals being deported back to Jamaica. Someone posted to say that they should refuse to take their seats so that theplane couldn't take off. I said that in which case we should send them back by boat. That comment was said to be Racist).
Some Karen takes offence & trolls my FaceBook Profile, sees I work for Utilita & being a Utilita Customer registers a complaint.
As a result they decide that because I have their name on my Profile it classes as putting the Company into Disrepute & I am instantly dismissed for Grosss Misconduct, despite literally having been promoted 2 weeks earlier.

I appealed the decision, but the Outcome of the Appeal came through & has not been upheld.
I am, therefore, back on the Jobs Market.

Anyone who knows me will be fully aware of how dedicated I was to Utilita, so it has hit me harder than ever.

The whole episode has triggered my Aspergers & I have pretty much been on a non-stop meltdown. As a result I am currently also in FaceBook Jail for posting a link to a site that I found darkly humourous, which was selling Cyanide Capsules for £125 / 30 capsule, with a minimum order of £250. I found it comical enough that you would need to buy a bottle of 30, let alone have a minimum order.

However, if they think that a single flippant comment on FaceBook is putting their name into disrepute, just wait until the story I've emailed the Press gets out about their routinely charging Double Rate on Legacy Key Meters, despite my having brought the issue to their attention over 4 years ago.

On the Positive side there do seem to be a lot of potential opportunities out there at the moment.
User avatar
spot
Posts: 39132
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

Re: What a crap month

Post by spot »

That's an extreme step for them to have chosen, I'm horrified that you've been turfed out with no representation or assistance. Is there no union presence in the company to ask advice from?
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
FourPart
Posts: 6463
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:12 am

Re: What a crap month

Post by FourPart »

spot wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:05 am That's an extreme step for them to have chosen, I'm horrified that you've been turfed out with no representation or assistance. Is there no union presence in the company to ask advice from?
The company doesn't recognise a Union.
The Disciplinary Hearing permits a "Non Related Work Colleague" (why it has to be non related I have no idea) or a local Union Rep to advise only.
When I initially went into the Hearing I had no concept of the severity of the situation so I opted not to have anyone as I wasn't in a Union & felt it unfair to get any of my colleagues involved.
Afterwards I remembered a friend who used to be a Union Rep for advice. She went into full Professional Mode & asked to see the documentation & minutes from the Hearing. The first thing that she noticed was that my Aspergers had not been mentioned, despite the fact that it was on HR records. When it came to the Appeal she joined me on VideoLink. However, I got the Outcome yesterday, and the Appeal was Not Upheld.
Today I got a call from the ACAS Rep, who has been following the case via Ann. I said I didn't really want to go through the stress & expense of going to Tribunal when there's not even a guaranteed outcome. And even if they were to take me back on Tribunal, there would be a very hostile atmosphere.
The ACAS Rep will be contacting Utilita to put the case that hopefully there might be some chance of reinstatement, but very slight, but more importantly that this doesn't affect my being able to source them as a Reference.

But watch out for Utilita appearing in the National Press in the near future.
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12481
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Re: What a crap month

Post by LarsMac »

The company that I worked for was pretty straightforward about what we could expect were we to cause them any heartburn on public media.
They would immediately disassociate us from them.
Control is an illusion. The Chaos is all part of the fun.
-Susan Hattie Steinsapir
User avatar
FourPart
Posts: 6463
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:12 am

Re: What a crap month

Post by FourPart »

LarsMac wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:57 am The company that I worked for was pretty straightforward about what we could expect were we to cause them any heartburn on public media.
They would immediately disassociate us from them.
That would be understandable if the content related to the Business in any way. It wasn't.
But if they think that 1 line comment was putting them into disreppute, just wait until my report about their overcharging Key Meters hits the National Press & when OfGem starts investigating.
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12481
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Re: What a crap month

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:15 pm
LarsMac wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:57 am The company that I worked for was pretty straightforward about what we could expect were we to cause them any heartburn on public media.
They would immediately disassociate us from them.
That would be understandable if the content related to the Business in any way. It wasn't.
But if they think that 1 line comment was putting them into disreppute, just wait until my report about their overcharging Key Meters hits the National Press & when OfGem starts investigating.
Well, have fun with that. And good luck with the job hunt.
How's you music going, these days?
Control is an illusion. The Chaos is all part of the fun.
-Susan Hattie Steinsapir
User avatar
FourPart
Posts: 6463
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:12 am

Re: What a crap month

Post by FourPart »

LarsMac wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:24 pm
FourPart wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:15 pm
LarsMac wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:57 am The company that I worked for was pretty straightforward about what we could expect were we to cause them any heartburn on public media.
They would immediately disassociate us from them.
That would be understandable if the content related to the Business in any way. It wasn't.
But if they think that 1 line comment was putting them into disreppute, just wait until my report about their overcharging Key Meters hits the National Press & when OfGem starts investigating.
Well, have fun with that. And good luck with the job hunt.
How's you music going, these days?
The music sales are picking up. Am typically getting about $30 in Royalties at the moment.
Right now my main seller is my arrangement of Maroon 5's "Memories".
My August Report:
Image
User avatar
magentaflame
Posts: 2920
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: What a crap month

Post by magentaflame »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:07 am
magentaflame wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:29 pm
LarsMac wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:40 am I'm sorry for your loss, Mags.
Thank you mate.
We still haven't put him in the ground yet.....freaking lockdowns.
That’s shocking - it must be coming up three month now :-(

I really feel for you, that must be devastating.
Almost in October now....still nothing. I suppose the stress on the family is getting to everyone. Shananigans are going on. (and not in a good way)

I'm staying out of it. The vitriol between three parties was too exhausting for one afternoon let alone getting involved and having it affect my life.
Oh well....that's families for ya. lol
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
User avatar
Bryn Mawr
Posts: 15924
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: What a crap month

Post by Bryn Mawr »

magentaflame wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:01 pm
Bryn Mawr wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:07 am
magentaflame wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:29 pm
LarsMac wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:40 am I'm sorry for your loss, Mags.
Thank you mate.
We still haven't put him in the ground yet.....freaking lockdowns.
That’s shocking - it must be coming up three month now :-(

I really feel for you, that must be devastating.
Almost in October now....still nothing. I suppose the stress on the family is getting to everyone. Shananigans are going on. (and not in a good way)

I'm staying out of it. The vitriol between three parties was too exhausting for one afternoon let alone getting involved and having it affect my life.
Oh well....that's families for ya. lol
What is their excuse for not releasing the body? It cannot still be Covid surely!

As for the family shenanigans, staying as far out of it as possible sounds the only way to go but even then it must hurt just knowing it’s going on.
User avatar
magentaflame
Posts: 2920
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: What a crap month

Post by magentaflame »

magentaflame wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:01 pm
Bryn Mawr wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:07 am
magentaflame wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:29 pm
LarsMac wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:40 am I'm sorry for your loss, Mags.
Thank you mate.
We still haven't put him in the ground yet.....freaking lockdowns.
That’s shocking - it must be coming up three month now :-(

I really feel for you, that must be devastating.
Almost in October now....still nothing. I suppose the stress on the family is getting to everyone. Shananigans are going on. (and not in a good way)

I'm staying out of it. The vitriol between three parties was too exhausting for one afternoon let alone getting involved and having it affect my life.
Oh well....that's families for ya. lol
Firstly the two parties don't know what the other parties circumstances are presently. They are all presuming the others are being unreasonable.
Financially, morally and even legally the two parties are correct in what they want and are entitled to ......but.....under the circumstances the two parties (in my humble opinion) are wrong. There will be no negotiations or mediation between them, just threats and vitriol. And yes it's all about money.

A go fund me page was set up by his ex wife and the mother to his children the wording of which is very specific.
One party who were sickened by the fact that it was set up is wanting the money to pay for costs involved already.
One party wants the money to make his ashes into a diamond.

Both are entitled to request that. 'Request' being the operative word here.

Unfortunetly the person (diamond girl) who holds the money will be needing a roof over her head within the next month and should probably be looking into that. It's a mute point anyway because you need the ashes to make a diamond and that's not going to happen anytime soon.

The other party who just told me they are helping the Executor ....nope... when I asked if his young son is the executor I was told "sort of" he's elected to go "next of kin" ..... which is a murky way to go ....but anyway this party is "doing all they can to help out".
I asked the question of this person if they have suggested grief councelling or an advocate for these 20 and 22 year olds. The response? "no that's for them to sort out"......helping huh? Hmmmm.
And then I get the "his daughter didn't even answer her phone the day he died" ..I'm sorry but I often don't answer my phone. She didn't know he was about to die. And then the...I always spoke to him you don't know anything about how bad these kids are. etc etc etc. Every phone call I had with the parties was recorded (basically to save my own butt) And started with a phone call out of the blue from a rather distressed young woman who is obviously grieving at the moment to which the other party denies and doesn't believe she is. WTF?

The death certificate had to be sent back and corrected . They still haven't got around to testing his tissue so still no proper cause of death. Which means none of his money can be released to help with the situation. Because of covid and finances his belongings (including possibly his Will) are in a storage container in Sydney. Then there's the payment of such which is causing hardship to my mother. It's a bit of a mess.

Calming waters.......calming waters.

I'm going to change the title of this thread.......it's really been a fucked over year.

and on top of all that
Jesus Christ!!!!
On Sunday my cat of six years was attacked by a dog and after $743 had to put her down anyway. The money of which was from my bond and first months rent for my next place to live so that's set me back. when I had to make a statment to the ranger I was told I'll probably never see the money from the owner of the dog. I have jury duty this week and for the next three months and we're short staffed at work....it's not my fault but it's causing stress.

I fucking give up. (I'm laughing at the moment as I type this but I think it's a laugh of resignation.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
User avatar
magentaflame
Posts: 2920
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: What a crap month

Post by magentaflame »

FourPart wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:40 pm Crappiest month for me, ever.

I make a Non-Work related Political Comment on a Non-Work related Facebook Group (on the Jeremy Corbyn Group - story was about the Convicted Criminals being deported back to Jamaica. Someone posted to say that they should refuse to take their seats so that theplane couldn't take off. I said that in which case we should send them back by boat. That comment was said to be Racist).
Some Karen takes offence & trolls my FaceBook Profile, sees I work for Utilita & being a Utilita Customer registers a complaint.
As a result they decide that because I have their name on my Profile it classes as putting the Company into Disrepute & I am instantly dismissed for Grosss Misconduct, despite literally having been promoted 2 weeks earlier.

I appealed the decision, but the Outcome of the Appeal came through & has not been upheld.
I am, therefore, back on the Jobs Market.

Anyone who knows me will be fully aware of how dedicated I was to Utilita, so it has hit me harder than ever.

The whole episode has triggered my Aspergers & I have pretty much been on a non-stop meltdown. As a result I am currently also in FaceBook Jail for posting a link to a site that I found darkly humourous, which was selling Cyanide Capsules for £125 / 30 capsule, with a minimum order of £250. I found it comical enough that you would need to buy a bottle of 30, let alone have a minimum order.

However, if they think that a single flippant comment on FaceBook is putting their name into disrepute, just wait until the story I've emailed the Press gets out about their routinely charging Double Rate on Legacy Key Meters, despite my having brought the issue to their attention over 4 years ago.

On the Positive side there do seem to be a lot of potential opportunities out there at the moment.
This is the only place on the net I come to now. And I don't have an opinion on anything anymore. Not allowed to. Unless it's along government guidelines.
I think maybe you have been dismissed more likely over the issue you brought to them 4 years ago. lol
I hope you are on your feet soon . ;)
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
User avatar
FourPart
Posts: 6463
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:12 am

Re: What a crap month

Post by FourPart »

magentaflame wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:38 pm
FourPart wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:40 pm Crappiest month for me, ever.

I make a Non-Work related Political Comment on a Non-Work related Facebook Group (on the Jeremy Corbyn Group - story was about the Convicted Criminals being deported back to Jamaica. Someone posted to say that they should refuse to take their seats so that theplane couldn't take off. I said that in which case we should send them back by boat. That comment was said to be Racist).
Some Karen takes offence & trolls my FaceBook Profile, sees I work for Utilita & being a Utilita Customer registers a complaint.
As a result they decide that because I have their name on my Profile it classes as putting the Company into Disrepute & I am instantly dismissed for Grosss Misconduct, despite literally having been promoted 2 weeks earlier.

I appealed the decision, but the Outcome of the Appeal came through & has not been upheld.
I am, therefore, back on the Jobs Market.

Anyone who knows me will be fully aware of how dedicated I was to Utilita, so it has hit me harder than ever.

The whole episode has triggered my Aspergers & I have pretty much been on a non-stop meltdown. As a result I am currently also in FaceBook Jail for posting a link to a site that I found darkly humourous, which was selling Cyanide Capsules for £125 / 30 capsule, with a minimum order of £250. I found it comical enough that you would need to buy a bottle of 30, let alone have a minimum order.

However, if they think that a single flippant comment on FaceBook is putting their name into disrepute, just wait until the story I've emailed the Press gets out about their routinely charging Double Rate on Legacy Key Meters, despite my having brought the issue to their attention over 4 years ago.

On the Positive side there do seem to be a lot of potential opportunities out there at the moment.
This is the only place on the net I come to now. And I don't have an opinion on anything anymore. Not allowed to. Unless it's along government guidelines.
I think maybe you have been dismissed more likely over the issue you brought to them 4 years ago. lol
I hope you are on your feet soon . ;)
I've also sent the report to OfGem.

Return to “Members' News”