The night garden

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
magentaflame

The night garden

Post by magentaflame »

I want to establish a night garden around the verandah of the house....... does anyone have any ideas of plants i could use?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Bruv

The night garden

Post by Bruv »

Does a generator plant count ? To light the darkness ?

Honeysuckle ?.........................that is a plant not an offer.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

The night garden

Post by spot »

I thought for one wonderful moment you were starting a thread on Upsy Daisy, Iggle Piggle, Makka Pakka and the Ninky Nonk, today's younger generation's retelling of the Egyptian Book Of The Dead.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

The night garden

Post by magentaflame »

spot;1507708 wrote: I thought for one wonderful moment you were starting a thread on Upsy Daisy, Iggle Piggle, Makka Pakka and the Ninky Nonk, today's younger generation's retelling of the Egyptian Book Of The Dead.

Ive never endorsed psychodalic drugs. Even for the so called artistic set. The teletubbies sealed my opinion.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

The night garden

Post by spot »

If I were you I'd try this thread again from scratch.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

The night garden

Post by magentaflame »

Im looking for plants and flowers like midnight jasmine etc that tend to omit a scent at night rather than during the day....... hence a "night garden"
magentaflame

The night garden

Post by magentaflame »

Bruv;1507706 wrote: Does a generator plant count ? To light the darkness ?

Honeysuckle ?.........................that is a plant not an offer.

Oh Bruvver
LarsMac

The night garden

Post by LarsMac »

Jasmine is nice, but it needs to be in an open area. It can overwhelm an enclosed space very quickly.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

The night garden

Post by spot »

I had considerable success with Rosemary for several years if that helps. Heather, on the other hand, was erratic a lot of the time. My experience is that Heather and Rosemary don't get on well in the same bed, they end up tangled together if you neglect them.

Be warned, Laurel takes up a lot of room.
magentaflame

The night garden

Post by magentaflame »

Got rosemary and sage all over the place. Propagate a lot of herbs
Betty Boop

The night garden

Post by Betty Boop »

spot;1507708 wrote: I thought for one wonderful moment you were starting a thread on Upsy Daisy, Iggle Piggle, Makka Pakka and the Ninky Nonk, today's younger generation's retelling of the Egyptian Book Of The Dead.

I thought the same!! Would be more interesting :wah:

Apologies to Magenta for implying her thread isn't interesting already :p

How about night scented stock or nicotiana, I've grown both under a bedroom window in the past (then spent the night sneezing) ;)
magentaflame

The night garden

Post by magentaflame »

Which one is it that sailing off in a boat?
Betty Boop

The night garden

Post by Betty Boop »

magentaflame;1507770 wrote: Which one is it that sailing off in a boat?

Iggle Piggle
magentaflame

The night garden

Post by magentaflame »

Ah, yeah he was cute.

I just always thought the creators of that show were on a really bad trip. ..... or a good one, depending on your outlook. Lol

Return to “Gardening Forum”